Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Crafts (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Trying to Get Inspired! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=75370)

pattymac February 19th, 2011 01:38 PM

Trying to Get Inspired!

Ugh..trying to get back into my crafting. I got two scrapbooking packs at walmart last year. Lots of neat stuff in them that I want to use to make cards. I don't scrapbook. Anybody have any inspiring ideas? My biggest challenge right now is Miss Noella, fortunately she does like to sleep in the afternoons so now I have a chance otherwise, she insists on helping me!!

BMDLuver February 19th, 2011 01:40 PM

I make cards too! have you been to splitcoaststampers site? they have a bajillion ideas.

pattymac February 19th, 2011 01:53 PM

I will go check them out! Thanks BMD

Tundra_Queen February 19th, 2011 05:17 PM

I use to do cards, that I make from pictures i make in Paint shop pro. It's fun, though I haven't made cards in about a year. U could use your furbabies are inspirations *S*

OOOps patty I also started using that glitter glue too make make shiny colours on the cards. *S*

BMDLuver February 19th, 2011 07:31 PM

[QUOTE=pattymac;986673]I will go check them out! Thanks BMD[/QUOTE]

My pleasure. I go to their resources section when I am having a hard time thinking of something to make. I love paper so I have lots and then I say.... hmm now what?

Do you mean Stickles TQ?

pattymac February 20th, 2011 01:20 AM

Foiled again!! I need a 3 bedroom house so I can have a craft room with a door! The boys could care less I'm using the table but Noella once again has to help me!! It doesn't seem to matter if she's asleep when I start, she knows Mom's gonna do something exciting!

Tundra_Queen February 20th, 2011 08:31 PM

[QUOTE=BMDLuver;986748]My pleasure. I go to their resources section when I am having a hard time thinking of something to make. I love paper so I have lots and then I say.... hmm now what?

Do you mean Stickles TQ?[/QUOTE]

I don't think that is what I mean, I'm not sure. LOL It's like liquid glue but it is glitters. U can get it in different colours. I got mine at Walmart, my grandaughter gave me the idea as she made me a card using it. So say I have green grass on my card...I get the green glitter glue and just put a bit of green glitter glu on top of it. It dries clear so u don't see the glue.

[QUOTE=pattymac;986778]Foiled again!! I need a 3 bedroom house so I can have a craft room with a door! The boys could care less I'm using the table but Noella once again has to help me!! It doesn't seem to matter if she's asleep when I start, she knows Mom's gonna do something exciting![/QUOTE]

patty, couldn't u lock the kitties in the bedroom so u can work in peace?

BMDLuver February 22nd, 2011 09:56 AM

[QUOTE=Tundra_Queen;986908]I don't think that is what I mean, I'm not sure. LOL It's like liquid glue but it is glitters. U can get it in different colours. I got mine at Walmart, my grandaughter gave me the idea as she made me a card using it. So say I have green grass on my card...I get the green glitter glue and just put a bit of green glitter glu on top of it. It dries clear so u don't see the glue.

patty, couldn't u lock the kitties in the bedroom so u can work in peace?[/QUOTE]

It's just plain glitter glue then. Stickles is similar but it won't make your paper warp like the glitter glue can depending on paper used.

I have 2 houses in one and the lower story is 50/50 craft area and home theater area. I'm spoiled... :thumbs up. All three dogs and the cat assist on a regular basis.

Tundra_Queen February 22nd, 2011 07:10 PM

BMD...that's kewl!

BMDLuver February 22nd, 2011 07:55 PM

yep, working on my retail set up now!