Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mommy + six need transportation assisitance... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=71125)

cpietra16 June 26th, 2010 03:17 PM

Mommy + six need transportation assisitance...

Hi everyone,
As most of you know I have been taking in cats and kittens for a long time, however this time I have run into a road block...Nickie my original six was lost for a few days but I was lucky to get her back.

I did notice prior to her disappearance that she was completely stressed and hateful towards the new litter of kitties that i have just took in.

I spoke to 14+ and she has graciously come to my rescue. She is willing to take in my mom and babies. the only problem is that I live in Pointe Claire (Montreal) and she does not.

I am looking for help from any of you who would like to be part of this "once in a life time journey.....

So these cats need to get to Toronto, and then get to 14+....and to their new loving foster mommy.
Thanks

Love4himies June 26th, 2010 03:30 PM

I live along the 401 at Gananoque, if somebody can get to Brockville, I can pick them up there and transport them to the east side of the GTA. Of course if I am meeting 14+, I require TT in exchange for my services :cloud9: :lovestruck: :laughing:

14+kitties June 26th, 2010 03:33 PM

:grouphug: Thanks cpeitra! Thanks L4! :fingerscr we can find the rest of the leg. I spoke to aslan yesterday and she said if it was a go she would be drop off in TO. :thumbs up Love you guys!!

Ummm - you never stop trying, do you L4?

Love4himies June 26th, 2010 03:40 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;931468]:grouphug: Thanks cpeitra! Thanks L4! :fingerscr we can find the rest of the leg. I spoke to aslan yesterday and she said if it was a go she would be drop off in TO. :thumbs up Love you guys!!

Ummm - you never stop trying, do you L4?[/QUOTE]

Nope :D :laughing:

Love4himies June 26th, 2010 03:42 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;931468]:grouphug: Thanks cpeitra! Thanks L4! :fingerscr we can find the rest of the leg. I spoke to aslan yesterday and she said if it was a go she would be drop off in TO. :thumbs up Love you guys!!

Ummm - you never stop trying, do you L4?[/QUOTE]

And you never stop helping those in need :cloud9::grouphug:

14+kitties June 26th, 2010 03:44 PM

Sorry to disappoint. As much as I would love to meet you I can't see hubby agreeing to the drive. Let's see how things pan out here.

14+kitties June 26th, 2010 03:47 PM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;931476]And you never stop helping those in need :cloud9::grouphug:[/QUOTE]

Aww shucks, thanks. :o As soon as the babies are old enough to be fixed they are going on TCR's adoption site. I have already been warned one may go "missing" on the transport. :laughing:

Love4himies June 26th, 2010 03:56 PM

I should ask what day is this happening? :laughing:

14+kitties June 26th, 2010 04:00 PM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;931485]I should ask what day is this happening? :laughing:[/QUOTE]

Well, we're trying to figure that out too. :laughing: I can work around my schedule pretty much. I am off the next two days and on Wed and Thurs too so any of those days. Even next weekend would be ok. We'll work it out. :fingerscr
I would imagine the sooner the better for Nickie's sake.

Love4himies June 26th, 2010 04:07 PM

I was just thinking, if somebody is willing to drive 30 minutes past Brockville, we could meet at my place, it may be a better place to exchange the kitties. Especially if we need to use my cat carriers that will fit in my car. I can't take one big carrier.

chico2 June 26th, 2010 04:09 PM

14+,if Aslan can drive them to my house,I can take them to yours,my car has more space,as long as they don't have to stay here over-night,my cats would go bananas.

14+kitties June 26th, 2010 04:16 PM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;931494]I was just thinking, if somebody is willing to drive 30 minutes past Brockville, we could meet at my place, it may be a better place to exchange the kitties. Especially if we need to use my cat carriers that will fit in my car. I can't take one big carrier.[/QUOTE]

Good thoughts. Not sure how the carrier thing is going to work out. Too bad we don't have disposable carriers we don't have to worry about returning. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=chico2;931496]14+,if Aslan can drive them to my house,I can take them to yours,my car has more space.[/QUOTE]

Thanks chico! Aslan and I actually talked about that. I said if she wanted to bring them to your place I could always meet her there. :D Nice of me to not ask you first huh? :o It wouldn't be overnight chico.

Now we basically need the leg from Montreal to L4 and the leg across TO filled. :fingerscr And a day. :D

Love4himies June 26th, 2010 04:31 PM

Returning them is not a problem, you could donate them to the shelter who is taking the kittens in or keep them if you need some. I can afford more.

Love4himies June 26th, 2010 04:32 PM

Montreal to my place is about 2 hours, depending on who is driving :cool:

14+kitties June 26th, 2010 04:33 PM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;931510]Returning them is not a problem, you could donate them to the shelter who is taking the kittens in or keep them if you need some. I can afford more.[/QUOTE]

:grouphug: Thank you! Can always use more around here!!

cpietra16 June 26th, 2010 04:35 PM

sheeesh, I'm gone for a few minutes and wham!!!!! most of the trip is planned...I love you guys:cloud9:and especially 14+ who read betweent he lines and saw panic and helplessness written all over ..thank you ....I think Nickie will love you more. There may be mom and 5 instead...there is mr. stares who has captured my heart:rolleyes::D... he follows me everywhere and sits and stares me down....I wish, but Nickie has managed to injure one of the kitties...and she is not happy.
Between L4H and 14+...not sure if I should give my first born as a thank you or another kitty...:D can I throw in Antonio ( Tess just asked!!!!)

cpietra16 June 26th, 2010 04:36 PM

I might be able to make it to L4h....not that Rose has anything to do with it...:D

Love4himies June 26th, 2010 04:39 PM

[QUOTE=cpietra16;931514]I might be able to make it to L4h....not that Rose has anything to do with it...:D[/QUOTE]

Oh, that would be sooooo exciting, you could see Rose and how she has changed since she has been spayed :cloud9:. She is just beautiful :cloud9:

14+kitties June 26th, 2010 04:40 PM

[QUOTE=cpietra16;931513]sheeesh, I'm gone for a few minutes and wham!!!!! most of the trip is planned...I love you guys:cloud9:and especially 14+ who read betweent he lines and saw panic and helplessness written all over ..thank you ....I think Nickie will love you more. There may be mom and 5 instead...there is mr. stares who has captured my heart:rolleyes::D... he follows me everywhere and sits and stares me down....I wish, but Nickie has managed to injure one of the kitties...and she is not happy.
Between L4H and 14+...not sure if I should give my first born as a thank you or another kitty...:D can I throw in Antonio ( Tess just asked!!!!)[/QUOTE]

We need to get them out asap then. For their sakes and Nickies!! I hope the injured kitty is ok. :fingerscr
You aren't talking Antonia B are you? :eek:
How does he get along with mom? I know he likes the babies well enough. :laughing: It would be mom I would be worried about. [SIZE="1"](Does that sound like I am considering it? Does it?):eek: [/SIZE]

Now I gotta get off of here for a while. I'll be back later to see if the Montreal - L4 and east side TO to aslan's has been figured out. :fingerscr

cpietra16 June 26th, 2010 04:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
the group of 6 and Nickie who is so so so happy....:yuck:

Love4himies June 26th, 2010 04:45 PM

Awwww, they are adorable :cloud9: :lovestruck:

cpietra16 June 26th, 2010 04:46 PM

3 Attachment(s)
and more pictures....no 14+...Antonio will not be going anywhere but Tess is always hopeful. She may drug him and throw him in with the kitties...

Chris21711 June 26th, 2010 05:14 PM

[B]L4H - [/B]When you say the Eastern side of the GTA where do you have in mind exactly?

Love4himies June 26th, 2010 05:19 PM

Somewhere before any collector lanes, I am used to driving the 401 where it is only 2 lanes in each direction :o

Chris21711 June 26th, 2010 05:25 PM

I don't drive the 401 at all L4H, I had in mind to take the back roads and meet up....however I will drive on the 407, I'm not sure how far east it reaches now....I can google it

Love4himies June 26th, 2010 05:27 PM

[QUOTE=Chris21711;931530]I don't drive the 401 at all L4H, I had in mind to take the back roads and meet up....however I will drive on the 407, I'm not sure how far east it reaches now....I can google it[/QUOTE]

I think it goes to Kingston Rd, great shopping centre a the corner of the 401 and the road that goes up to the beginning of the 407.

Love4himies June 26th, 2010 05:34 PM

Nope, it is Brock Rd. Pickering

Chris21711 June 26th, 2010 05:37 PM

I know the 407 goes as far as Pickering at least, not sure if it goes further, google maps don't come in too good on dial-up :frustrated:

I'll find out though and check in tomorrow....you mention Kingston Rd, do you mean in Scarborough or further east. I wish Shirley was on she knows all of that area.

Chris21711 June 26th, 2010 05:40 PM

Comp froze..........Rats :yell:

I can go to Pickering then take the 407, maybe Aslan can meet me at the 407 cut-off in her part of the hood....

Love4himies June 26th, 2010 05:41 PM

That would be perfect for me.