Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Off topic forum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Hello Again! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=68182)

Equla January 30th, 2010 12:40 AM

Hello Again!

Oy! The week before Christmas, my brand new, beautiful laptop met it's maker in the form of a very large glass of wine that got into an argument with a video game controller... ultimately, it ended up being a story too stupid to make up.

The poochies were doing their NASCAR thing around the living room. A foot got tangled in the cord, ripping the controller out of my little sister's hands. The controller flew into a glass of wine with the accuracy and purpose of a prince's arrow slaying a dragon. The next thing I knew, the glass of wine had literally exploded all over my laptop.

I have managed to somewhat rig my old laptop to be able to limp myself online. To do this, I have to sit with the power cord wrapped around my back because if it jiggles, the power to the laptop fails. The laptop is also missing the "N" key (Thank you, Mak).

At least I got the pop-ups to stop for the moment. This thing is soooo going into the repair shop next week.

Anyhoo, just wanted to limp in and let everyone know I missed them. Hope the holidays were great and that everyone is warm and snuggly with a furry kid.

hazelrunpack January 30th, 2010 10:10 AM

Oy! :eek: So there's no chance of getting the new laptop fixed? :(

Glad you're at least able to limp back on the old one! :highfive: All's well otherwise there? :fingerscr

growler~GateKeeper January 31st, 2010 01:17 AM

Hey Equla I was wondering where you had gotten to :) Sucks about the comp :grouphug: :goodvibes: you've got one all fixed up good as new in no time

Dee-O-Gee January 31st, 2010 01:33 PM

Oh wow! That sucks! Liquids and electronics don't go well together! :yell: Glad to hear you're safe and sound & limping along! :thumbs up

Equla February 5th, 2010 12:50 AM

Sorry for the late response. The old laptop gets to decide when it wants to work. My tax return is coming next Friday. I will be taking them both into the repair shop to see what they can do. I don't hold out much hope for the new one, though. Oh well... I love my old Compaq.

Miss you all! Can't wait to be back full time.

Frenchy February 5th, 2010 08:54 PM

Welcome back ! :)

Love4himies February 5th, 2010 09:22 PM

Too bad about your computer :(, but picturing in my mind your depiction of the "incident" made me smile, sorry.

Equla February 8th, 2010 11:47 PM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;881417]Too bad about your computer :(, but picturing in my mind your depiction of the "incident" made me smile, sorry.[/QUOTE]

hehe! At the time I was a wreck. It was a Christmas present from my mother. I still don't have the guts to tell her what happened.

That being said, once I got over the initial freaked-outness, it was kind of funny. Things like that just don't happen without divine intervention.