Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Puce needs a home without dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=63413)

Frenchy June 13th, 2009 03:40 PM

Puce needs a home without dogs

1 Attachment(s)
Puce has been adopted by myself , from Badger , at the end of January.

[url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=58749[/url]

Unfortunately , he is not getting use to the dogs and has attacked 2 of them. Even if the dogs stay clear of him , even if they make a detour so they won't walk past by him , he gets very mad at them and will charge if he can. :sad: I know it sounds weird but , all the dogs here are now afraid of him :o the dogs are now anxious around him and Puce is not a happy cat here.

Puce is very friendly with other cats , and warms up to his humans after a while. Not sure he would do good with small kids , and of course , no dogs !!

Me & Badger are now trying to find him a forever home.

I'm really sorry Puce :sad:

For a better picture , click on the original adoption link.

Love4himies June 13th, 2009 03:44 PM

I am so sorry, Frenchy :grouphug:. You can never predict how animals will react to each other until you take them in. You must do what is best for all.

chico2 June 13th, 2009 04:03 PM

Frenchy,you have done so good with the other 3 kitties,but sometimes it just does not work out...
I hope you find someone for Puce,he is a little sweet-heart:lovestruck:
My Rocky would react exactly the same way.

14+kitties June 13th, 2009 04:04 PM

Aww Frenchy, I am so sorry. I thought Puce was settling in well. Is there a way you and Badger can do a trade? Badger can take Puce back and you can adopt another one of hers that may be more dog friendly? Just a thought. :shrug:
:grouphug: to you. I know you must feel pretty bad. :sad:
Puce - you shouldn't be so silly. You have a fantastic mom there!! Be nice to the doggies!!!

growler~GateKeeper June 13th, 2009 10:01 PM

Sorry to hear Puce is not settling and playing well with others :grouphug:

:goodvibes: for the purrfect home for Puce soon :goodvibes:

Frenchy June 14th, 2009 08:51 PM

Thanks guys , I am in no rush to let go of Puce so I'll make sure to find the best home for him.

14+ , I won't be adopting more cats .... it's hard to find one that is ok with other cats AND dogs. And with the foster dogs coming in and out .... I'll stick with Monsieur , Paddy and Coco :o

hazelrunpack June 14th, 2009 09:12 PM

Think he could whip the Pack into shape, Frenchy? I need a cat that can stand against a crowd. :rolleyes:

ancientgirl June 15th, 2009 07:47 AM

I'm sorry to hear Puce hasn't gotten used to the dogs. That's too bad. I know you'll be able to find him a good home though.

Frenchy June 15th, 2009 08:56 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;790579]Think he could whip the Pack into shape, Frenchy? I need a cat that can stand against a crowd. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

omg I think he could yes ! :evil:

dogs to scratch , everywhere .... he would have a pawwwwty :laughing:

rreerrr !

clm June 16th, 2009 05:58 AM

That's too bad Frenchy. Not all cats will warm up to dogs. I have one cat who has a hard enough time warming up to other cats including her own sister. :laughing: Mookie however does not out and out attack the dogs though. I'm hope you manage to find him a wonderful home.

Cindy

Frenchy July 4th, 2009 10:38 AM

Still looking for a family for Puce .... he's now in the guest bedroom where he will have to stay from now on :sad: 2 new dogs in one week (one foster and one that I'm dogsitting for 2 weeks) is too much for him. And dangerous for the dogs as he doesn't hide from them , instead he will confront them and go for their faces , all claws out ...

As I said before , no dogs (even if he is ok with the older ones who would ignore him) but I don't want to take a chance , he is great with other cats though !

Winston July 7th, 2009 08:10 AM

bump........

SandraLM July 7th, 2009 12:00 PM

I have been having troubles with Janelle (cat) too with Paula. She was fine with the husky and the cocker spaniel but they were all pretty much same age and all grew up together. When I got Paula Janelle has been peeing around the house. So needless to say, sadly Janelle's days are numbered now. She is getting much older now too though. She is just coming up 14 in a couple of weeks. Due to my situations I won't be getting another cat after Janelle is gone.

14+kitties July 7th, 2009 12:39 PM

[QUOTE=SandraLM;797963]I have been having troubles with Janelle (cat) too with Paula. She was fine with the husky and the cocker spaniel but they were all pretty much same age and all grew up together. When I got Paula Janelle has been peeing around the house. So needless to say, sadly Janelle's days are numbered now. She is getting much older now too though. She is just coming up 14 in a couple of weeks. Due to my situations I won't be getting another cat after Janelle is gone.[/QUOTE]

????????????????

Melinda July 7th, 2009 01:12 PM

are you putting your cat down?? or did I read it wrong?.....

14+kitties July 7th, 2009 01:16 PM

[QUOTE=Melinda;797989]are you putting your cat down?? or did I read it wrong?.....[/QUOTE]

Thanks Melinda. That's the feel I get from those comments too. :sorry: Frenchy. :offtopic:

Melinda July 7th, 2009 01:20 PM

I'm sorry too, but that shocked me and I know I probably read it wrong...I had to keep my dog and cat apart for 9 yrs and I did manage it all the while letting them both get all the attention they needed, thats why I figure I read it wrong...and yes, a non kitty person DID once apon a time own a kitty *L*

back to poor puce and finding her a home*S*

SandraLM July 7th, 2009 01:35 PM

[QUOTE=Melinda;797989]are you putting your cat down?? or did I read it wrong?.....[/QUOTE]

Probably in the near future sadly to say. I think her kidneys are starting to go now too she is drinking more lately.

Melinda July 7th, 2009 01:37 PM

what did the vet say? sorry, maybe another thread should be started?

chico2 July 7th, 2009 03:37 PM

Sandra,how can you possibly assume your cat is ready to go,that's a cop-out:sad:I am sorry to say..
If as you say her"kidneys are going"she needs help,yes,but not to be killed.
14 yrs old is far from OLD.
Why don't you just say,you don't want the poor cat anymore,because she does not like your new dog:sad:
Cats are no less important than dogs and after all,she was there first:cat:
I'm afraid you'll not get any sympathy from here,you created this situation,but your kitty will pay the untimate price,that's terrible...IMO!

14+kitties July 7th, 2009 03:42 PM

SandraLM - So we don't further take Frenchy's thread on a very important adoption away from her please start a thread of your own on this subject. Thank you.

chico2 July 7th, 2009 03:53 PM

OMG,yes,sorry Frenchy:sorry:I got a little riled up!!
Hope someone will want little Puce:pray:

Mat&Murph July 7th, 2009 03:56 PM

Like I said Frenchy Puce can always come here to get drooled on, plus we could always see if he can jump that high :)

I hope Puce gets a forever home that he will be happy in :goodvibes:

ancientgirl July 7th, 2009 05:49 PM

M&M, maybe you need to take a road trip to Frenchy's:D

Frenchy July 7th, 2009 08:07 PM

[QUOTE=SandraLM;797963]When I got Paula Janelle has been peeing around the house. So needless to say, sadly Janelle's days are numbered now. [/QUOTE]

wtf :confused: ......

first of all : get YOUR cat to your vet for a check up , it may just be a uti , she doesn't need to get put down for this !!! :frustrated:

second of all , if it's not already done , please start your own thread.