Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Cat product reviews (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   Enzyme Cleaner (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=55840)

Winston August 26th, 2008 09:38 AM

Enzyme Cleaner

Hi all! I was speaking to the vets office making an appointment for Tabitha to see the vet tomorrow. Her issue with peeing on the doggie things! anyway the vet said that there is really nothing I can use to get the urine smell out of anything she pees on except an Enzyme Cleaner?? Does anyone know if this works or are they just trying to sell me something?

sugarcatmom August 26th, 2008 10:21 AM

Nope, they're right, an enzymatic cleaner breaks down the actual molecules that cause the odor, rather than just covering it up with perfumes (cats can then still smell the ammonia underneath). Nature's Miracle is probably the best known and most widely available one, so you don't have to get whatever your vet is selling if you think it's pricey.

Winston August 26th, 2008 10:34 AM

Thanks SCmom! I dont know if you saw the other post about her vet visit tomorrow but they asked for a stool sample? I dont know if I am just stupid but why a stool sample for a urination problem? I am thinking it would be better for them to check her urine??? :offtopic:

sugarcatmom August 26th, 2008 10:46 AM

[QUOTE=Winston;646717]Thanks SCmom! I dont know if you saw the other post about her vet visit tomorrow but they asked for a stool sample? I dont know if I am just stupid but why a stool sample for a urination problem? I am thinking it would be better for them to check her urine??? :offtopic:[/QUOTE]

Ya, I don't really know about that. Maybe they're just being extra thorough and looking at all the angles, as in a full physical (not just focusing on Tabitha's urinary issue). I've actually never had to bring a stool sample to my vet, ever. :shrug: Can you call them back and ask why they need it?

Winston August 26th, 2008 11:36 AM

I just called and she said its because thats what they do when they do an annual check up...I declined cause neither are having poop problems...its actually 100% better since the transition to wet!!!!!!! thanks again SCmom!

bendyfoot August 26th, 2008 11:48 AM

Most vets recommend or at least sugggest an anual fecal test. Usually done at the time of their annual checkup/vaccines.

Love4himies August 26th, 2008 12:35 PM

I have only brought in fecal samples when one of mine have poop issues.

bendyfoot August 26th, 2008 01:32 PM

If you have strictly indoor cats, it's not a big deal. If you have dogs or outdoor cats it should be done once a year.

Guinness' mom September 17th, 2008 09:55 AM

I have used Nature's Miracle and it did seem to work fairly well on the stop Buttercup went on a few times but I think I need to get one of those CSI ultraviolet lights because I still smell something in the house..:frustrated: