Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Cat food forum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   How much do you pay for Wellness canned food for CATS? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=53371)

Orange June 16th, 2008 07:37 AM

How much do you pay for Wellness canned food for CATS?

Hi! :cat:

I've started to feed my cat Wellness canned food recently & I was wondering if there are any ways to get them cheaper.

I ilve in Montreal and for 5.5oz can, paying $1.50 before tax. So when I buy 4 cans, that's $6.73 after tax. That's a bit pricy...or it isn't?

I used to give my cat dried food, but after reading all threads, I've decided to switch it to canned. But the price of them becoming an issue.

If you know any better way & place to buy, please let me know!
Thanks!!

Love4himies June 16th, 2008 07:42 AM

That sounds about right! I buy the large cans and I think I pay about $2.30. Well worth the price. If you could see the difference in my 12 year old Himmie since I changed her food last year, you wouldn't think about the price, well worth every penny.

kimnmark June 16th, 2008 07:57 AM

I pay 2.69$ for a 354g (or 15.2 oz) can.
I think it comes out slightly less expensive if you buy the large cans.

Boubou June 16th, 2008 09:41 AM

You can ask your retailer to order you a few cases, maybe he can give you a discount that way - and yes, it's well worth the money!

Orange June 16th, 2008 02:07 PM

O.k!

Hi everyone!
Thank you for replying to my question quickly :highfive:

Buying bigger cans will do the trick! Good for the environment for less empty cans too :thumbs up

phoozles June 16th, 2008 03:32 PM

I pay $1.59 a can at one store, and $1.69 a can (5.5oz) at another.

One of the stores has a 'buy 12 cases get the 13th for free' deal, but they are often out of cases :(

I tried the larger cans once, but it was hard for me to split it up - both cats receive a good ration of the food. I might try it again though - it is a bit cheaper..

Orange June 17th, 2008 02:22 PM

Hi

Hi phoozles ! Thank you for your comment.

I know I was feeling the same thing about spliting big can up.
It's also hard to put right amount of food out when my cat is rushing me right beside :laughing:

I guess if I put everything into a ziplock container first, it will make the job easier :lightbulb:

Stacer June 17th, 2008 08:14 PM

I pay $1.59 per can as well. I like to buy cases once in a while just for the convenience of not having to go to the store as often :)

Orange June 18th, 2008 08:56 AM

Hi there

Hi Stacer !

I would like to have many varieties of flavors so that's why i didn't want to buy cases.
But for the safety as you said, that's a good idea to have a case :lightbulb:

I've tried "Chicken" and "Turkey" so far, he seems to like them! Especially "Turkey" for some reason.
I can't wait to try some other flavors, including "Fish" ones.
He has food allegies but so far so good! Hopefully fish ones works good too.

MikeAk July 11th, 2008 10:09 PM

Not sure if this topic is dead or not but I figured I'd add that we pay $1.49 for the 5.5oz of Wellness Canned Chicken Formula(Grain Free) and $1.29 for the 6.0oz of Dick Van Patten's Natural Balance Ultra. We get both at Bosley's.

clm July 11th, 2008 11:19 PM

[QUOTE=Orange;608796]Hi Stacer !

I would like to have many varieties of flavors so that's why i didn't want to buy cases.
But for the safety as you said, that's a good idea to have a case :lightbulb:

I've tried "Chicken" and "Turkey" so far, he seems to like them! Especially "Turkey" for some reason.
I can't wait to try some other flavors, including "Fish" ones.
He has food allegies but so far so good! Hopefully fish ones works good too.[/QUOTE]

:laughing: I keep a lot of dog and cat food varieties too, the dogs get just as many different types of canned foods if not more than the cats so we went out and bought a pantry cupboard specifically for canned cat and dog food and treats. :laughing:
I prefer to buy cases and yes buying that many varieties takes up a lot of cupboard space. Then I have to have a process to stack them in there so I know they're not going to get the same thing they had in the morning when I give them their dinner.
Hubby kills himself laughing after I've bought all the food and go about stacking it all using my little system. Works though, and both the dogs and the cats love the variety in their diets and it's cheaper buying cases in the long run.

Cindy

qhgirl1 July 20th, 2008 12:48 PM

I pay $1.15 - $1.30 per 5.5 oz can...the grain free varieties are the more expense ones

chico2 July 20th, 2008 04:11 PM

I buy the 3oz cans and my 3 cats eat 3 cans/day at $1.09/can,but Pet-Value charges 20 cents more per can,so it probably pays to look around.
I don't buy the larger cans,cause even if I heat up(add warm water) the food from the fridge,the cats won't eat it:yell: