Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   mom and baby (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=80037)

cpietra16 January 26th, 2012 06:58 PM

mom and baby

2 Attachment(s)
A month ago I got a call from a lady telling me that she just noticed two very small kittens near the corner of St. jean and her street....for those who don't know; St.Jean is a boulevard....very very busy...so I went out and trapped them...got them and found homes for them...Of course where there are kittens there must be a mom...right?....Unfortunately there was no mom in sight...A few days later I get another call...the lady noticed another baby in deep snow, all alone....We went out and trapped that one too...found that one a home:rolleyes:

Here we are today and I get yet another call...a month later...a mother has been spotted with a kitten in her mouth...ran across the street trying to dodge cars and get the kitten to safety...the mom and kitten are safe and we just realised that this kitten is from the same litter where the others came from. From what we gathered the mother had crossed the street and dropped them on the other side to get the others...and that was what my friend saw...the kittens waiting for their mom to come back...anyway a month later we finally have the rest a the litter (1kitten) and the mom...The mother is now fixed and the baby is about 11 weeks old!

I would love to have them find a home together because seeing them together and then seperated (while she was being fixed) made me realize that there is a very strong bond between the two...anyway here they are...if anyone knows of anyone who would love to adopt these two beauties...:cloud9::rolleyes:

Love4himies January 27th, 2012 07:41 AM

Oh Cpietra, there you go being a kitty :angel: again :lovestruck:

chico2 January 27th, 2012 01:57 PM

cpietra,wish I could the mom is a beautiful tabby and the baby is adorable...hopefully they'll get to stay together.
:grouphug:to you for coming to the rescue once again!

Love4himies January 27th, 2012 02:02 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;1033408]cpietra,wish I could the mom is a beautiful tabby and the baby is adorable...hopefully they'll get to stay together.
:grouphug:to you for coming to the rescue once again![/QUOTE]

She looks just like my Rose :lovestruck:.

I passed the pics onto my boss. They are talking about getting a pet when their son goes off to University in the fall. Thought maybe they would like to get a head start. :pray:. I told them they can't get just one cat, it would be cruel.

14+kitties January 27th, 2012 07:41 PM

Thank you cpietra. You are an angel. :cloud9:

Dog Dancer January 31st, 2012 04:02 PM

Cpietra bless you and the others for helping this mom and her babies. What a good and caring mom to have been trying so hard. I sure hope you are able to find a family to take them both. Mom deserves it.:grouphug:

chico2 January 31st, 2012 05:04 PM

L4H,that would be great,they are both adorable and yes,the mom looks like Rose..

hazelrunpack January 31st, 2012 09:34 PM

Any update on a home for them yet, cpietra? :fingerscr :goodvibes: I sure hope they can be adopted out together!

cpietra16 January 31st, 2012 10:12 PM

unfortunately the mom is back outside...I couldn't keep her since I had two others from a different colony recuperating from their surgery.:( the baby is at the vets looking for a family....I still woul dlove to get them back together though:(

hazelrunpack February 1st, 2012 11:53 AM

Sorry to hear, cpietra :grouphug: You did your best! And maybe things will still work out. If someone was willing to take mom with the kitten, would you be able to get the mom back?

Dog Dancer February 1st, 2012 11:56 AM

How very sad for Mom. At least you had the heart to try Cpietra, can't ask for more than that. At least she was spayed before she was released again, that's a saving grace for her anyhow.

cpietra16 February 1st, 2012 12:12 PM

The mom is still up for adoption...she use to belong to someone at one point because she became very very friendly when she realized that we did not want to harm her or her baby...so we will see. The street where she was found is very busy but she looks pretty streetwise, so lets hope:fingerscr

cpietra16 February 4th, 2012 04:34 PM

The baby has found her forever home but mom is still outside:(. She is friendly and still waiting for a good home. :shrug:
I need a barn!!!!!