Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Breed characteristics and traits (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Cane Corso Owners in Canada (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=74388)

BSCC January 5th, 2011 03:09 PM

Cane Corso Owners in Canada

Hey looking to talk to other corsi owners here in Canada about our wonderful breed. Sharing pics and experiences and advice with others.

Cheers,
Mary

Loki Love January 5th, 2011 06:02 PM

I'm not a Cane Corso owner, but a definite fan! They are on my 'wish list' of dogs to have one day :)

BenMax January 6th, 2011 08:19 AM

I recently placed 3 puppy cane corsos and one momma with 2 rescue groups in Ontario. There is one puppy left...;)

BSCC January 6th, 2011 09:16 AM

@ Loki Love - I see a Dane though, one of the dogs I would like to have for a pet some day!

@ BenMax - Kudos for helping with rescuing them. We are actually getting the Cane Corso Club of Canada back up and going to present them in a positive light here in Canada. We are always more than willing to give a hand to make sure these dogs end up in a forever home. I think we are slowly getting on the lists at the big shelters as the contact for Cane Corsi that are brought in.

BenMax January 6th, 2011 09:35 AM

[QUOTE=BSCC;974662]@ Loki Love - I see a Dane though, one of the dogs I would like to have for a pet some day!

@ BenMax - Kudos for helping with rescuing them. We are actually getting the Cane Corso Club of Canada back up and going to present them in a positive light here in Canada. We are always more than willing to give a hand to make sure these dogs end up in a forever home. I think we are slowly getting on the lists at the big shelters as the contact for Cane Corsi that are brought in.[/QUOTE]

BSCC - I may need your help really. The same breeder has another litter apparently due soon. I must contact him once again next week to find out the status of the pups. He is dicey to deal with so I am not pushy and must gently tread waters as I do not want to see the moms or the pups being sold or auctioned off. I was able to get my hands on 3 puppies and a wonderful mom. All are placed but one puppy and she is amazing and intergrated with cats and dogs. The rescue is very picky about the adoption of this baby and needs some help in finding a home for her. Can anyone from your contacts be able to help out? The rescue's main interest is to find a responsible owner who knows the breed. Just to let you know that there is no issues with the baby except that she hits the floor if voices raised. Also, the rescue is still trying to house train and it's been a little challenging. Can you give me direction to help this rescue or is there anything that your contacts can do to help place her?

Loki Love January 6th, 2011 09:51 AM

How old is the puppy? I wish we were in a position to add to our family right now.. sadly we are not :/

BSCC January 6th, 2011 10:21 AM

[QUOTE=BenMax;974663]BSCC - I may need your help really. The same breeder has another litter apparently due soon. I must contact him once again next week to find out the status of the pups. He is dicey to deal with so I am not pushy and must gently tread waters as I do not want to see the moms or the pups being sold or auctioned off. I was able to get my hands on 3 puppies and a wonderful mom. All are placed but one puppy and she is amazing and intergrated with cats and dogs. The rescue is very picky about the adoption of this baby and needs some help in finding a home for her. Can anyone from your contacts be able to help out? The rescue's main interest is to find a responsible owner who knows the breed. Just to let you know that there is no issues with the baby except that she hits the floor if voices raised. Also, the rescue is still trying to house train and it's been a little challenging. Can you give me direction to help this rescue or is there anything that your contacts can do to help place her?[/QUOTE]

I will pass this information on to the President in the club and get a list of people in the Que. to see if there are any people in the area that might be available to help out. If you would like to send an email to me with any info on the puppy and the rescue you sent her too I will see what we can do and hopefully will get this baby a new forever home.

my email is

BenMax January 6th, 2011 10:23 AM

Thank you. I will contact you.:thumbs up

BenMax January 6th, 2011 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=BSCC;974674]I will pass this information on to the President in the club and get a list of people in the Que. to see if there are any people in the area that might be available to help out. If you would like to send an email to me with any info on the puppy and the rescue you sent her too I will see what we can do and hopefully will get this baby a new forever home.

my email is [/QUOTE]

I just sent an e-mail to the rescue asking permission to put you both together. I will keep you advised and thank you so much.:thumbs up

Cos January 9th, 2011 12:53 PM

[QUOTE=BenMax;974663]BSCC - I may need your help really. All are placed but one puppy and she is amazing and intergrated with cats and dogs. [/QUOTE]

Hello, I am looking for a Corso pup, a female actually. I recently lost my Laekenois, who was working with children with autism or related spectrum disorders. I am looking for a Corso because of my past experience with them and other mastiff breeds. The pup will eventually also work with children with autism or related disorders. I would really appreciate if you could contact me (PM sent).

Thank you,
Cos

Choochi January 14th, 2011 03:37 PM

[QUOTE=Cos;975578]Hello, I am looking for a Corso pup, a female actually. I recently lost my Laekenois, who was working with children with autism or related spectrum disorders. I am looking for a Corso because of my past experience with them and other mastiff breeds. The pup will eventually also work with children with autism or related disorders. I would really appreciate if you could contact me (PM sent).

Thank you,
Cos[/QUOTE]

There are a few Corsi around working as therapy dogs although I can't remember off the top of my head which breeders/lines they came from. I know of at least one in Canada, she's in Alberta. You can try checking on the SACCI board or through Mary.

Please do A LOT of research when looking for a breeder. There are unfortunately a lot of horrible back yard breeders breeding these dogs. I've seen some that don't even look like Corsi. Look for a breeder that is involved with some breed club (in good standings) and participates with their dogs in some sort of a sport and/or conformation ring. There are some truly excellent Corsi breeders out there devoted to breeding only top quality pups with proper temperaments, you just need to look for them.

becmonchu January 15th, 2011 12:31 PM

I'm the owner of one of the corso pups that BenMax rescued!
I hope my puppy's sister will find a good home and will help in any way I can with her rehabilitation! Perhaps the future owner will let us have a family reunion? One can only hope!:cloud9:

BSCC January 15th, 2011 03:18 PM

[QUOTE=becmonchu;977134]I'm the owner of one of the corso pups that BenMax rescued!
I hope my puppy's sister will find a good home and will help in any way I can with her rehabilitation! Perhaps the future owner will let us have a family reunion? One can only hope!:cloud9:[/QUOTE]

That is wonderful! I hope we get this girl a great forever home to!

BenMax January 15th, 2011 05:09 PM

[QUOTE=becmonchu;977134]I'm the owner of one of the corso pups that BenMax rescued!
I hope my puppy's sister will find a good home and will help in any way I can with her rehabilitation! Perhaps the future owner will let us have a family reunion? One can only hope!:cloud9:[/QUOTE]

:thumbs up. Talk about a small world.
Thank you so much for rescuing the little man!:)

Choochi January 17th, 2011 08:31 PM

[QUOTE=Choochi;976848]There are a few Corsi around working as therapy dogs although I can't remember off the top of my head which breeders/lines they came from. I know of at least one in Canada, she's in Alberta. You can try checking on the SACCI board or through Mary.
.[/QUOTE]

The therapy dog's name is Aurora del'Agreste, she's in the PALS program.

mastifflover January 18th, 2011 11:37 AM

I am so happy when I see these dogs going to loving homes that will take the time to make them great canine citizens.

Mina February 1st, 2011 01:31 AM

[QUOTE=BSCC;974528]Hey looking to talk to other corsi owners here in Canada about our wonderful breed. Sharing pics and experiences and advice with others.

Cheers,
Mary[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DimGray"]Hi Mary.

I'd love to get some first-hand information on the breed!
Is there a way I can PM you on this forum?[/COLOR]

BSCC February 1st, 2011 08:02 AM

Sure you can PM me you will just have to ask to have your PM option activated by Marko. Or if you would like you are more than welcome to email me at the address given above.

Take care,
Mary

[QUOTE=Mina;981146][COLOR="DimGray"]Hi Mary.

I'd love to get some first-hand information on the breed!
Is there a way I can PM you on this forum?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Mina February 1st, 2011 09:19 AM

[QUOTE=BSCC;981166]Sure you can PM me you will just have to ask to have your PM option activated by Marko. Or if you would like you are more than welcome to email me at the address given above.

Take care,
Mary[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DimGray"]Thanks, Mary.

But I can find neither your e mail address :shrug:
nor how to PM you. :confused:

Perhaps you could PM me your e mail;
I assume I would get some kind of
notification about your message
along with a link to it?[/COLOR]

BastienBully February 1st, 2011 09:39 AM

Not a owner, but a big fan!!! :thumbs up

BSCC February 1st, 2011 11:44 AM

Until you ask for Marko to set you up with the PM option I can't message you that way.

[QUOTE=Mina;981192][COLOR="DimGray"]Thanks, Mary.

But I can find neither your e mail address :shrug:
nor how to PM you. :confused:

Perhaps you could PM me your e mail;
I assume I would get some kind of
notification about your message
along with a link to it?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

BSCC February 1st, 2011 11:45 AM

[QUOTE=Bastien;981205]Not a owner, but a big fan!!! :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

Thanks! The boyfriend and I are Dogo fans and met some gorgeous ones at a show a couple of years ago. The male was to say the least...impressive!

BenMax February 1st, 2011 07:02 PM

Just to let you know becmonchu - the little girl found her forever home. They are very pleased with her.:thumbs up

The rescue that adopted her have told me what a great person you are. I know you are doing everything possible to help your little man. I thank you for that.:grouphug:

becmonchu February 5th, 2011 10:32 PM

Hey Benmax! Im blushing from all the nice comments :goodvibes:
My pup Quintus just came back from a 2 week training boarding school as recommended by the rescue with the corso sister of my pup.

His fear of the leash has improved immensely and we can actually walk him and not have to carry a 60pd puppy around anymore.
His crate training is very well and has improved!!

We are so happy to have him back and will continue with his training.
A once nervous dog is now well on his way to being a well balanced and stable dog.

[QUOTE=BenMax;981371]Just to let you know becmonchu - the little girl found her forever home. They are very pleased with her.:thumbs up

The rescue that adopted her have told me what a great person you are. I know you are doing everything possible to help your little man. I thank you for that.:grouphug:[/QUOTE]

Mina March 19th, 2011 01:32 PM

[COLOR="Navy"]Just curious ...

:pawprint: :pawprint:

Does anyone know anything about this breeder or their dogs
regarding health, temperament, working ability etc, etc, etc?

:pawprint: :pawprint:

[B][url]http://darkstonekennel.com/corsohomepage.html[/url][/B]
[/COLOR]

BSCC March 19th, 2011 02:58 PM

Betty Osing I think is on the BOD for the CCAA and for the CCCA one of the Cane Corso Clubs here in Canada and so is her husband or one is on one board and the other is on the other...I can't remember now.

Their lines stem mainly from American stock with some import mixed in. I haven't met their dogs personally. I do know they have shown their dogs in the US and will probably do so here in Canada now that we can show in the CKC. I don't know about work ability in their dogs as they don't breed often and are very selective where their puppies go and I don't think there is currently anyone working one of their dogs but you would have to contact them to be sure. I believe all their stock is health tested and screened before being bred (hips and elbows I think are posted on their site). I don't know anyone that has one of their puppies so can't really give much imput on the temperament.

Best bet is to contact them and if possible head out to meet the dogs.

Mina March 19th, 2011 03:53 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]Thanks, Mary![/COLOR]

chico2 March 19th, 2011 04:29 PM

BenMax,I just read all the posts and I think it is wonderful how so many people can work together for the good of the dogs.

The Cane Corso is a very impressive dog,puppies absolutely adorable:cloud9:

BenMax March 19th, 2011 05:33 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;994519]BenMax,I just read all the posts and I think it is wonderful how so many people can work together for the good of the dogs.

The Cane Corso is a very impressive dog,puppies absolutely adorable:cloud9:[/QUOTE]

It certainly is. The owners of these puppies are amazing and I commend the rescues in their efforts.:thumbs up

This breed unfortunately is popping up in shelters. I was lucky with these puppies as the breeder was 'going out of business'..or rather..forced out of business. I was suppose to get more puppies but he dropped out of sight and I can no longer get a hold of him.

But yes...many people even from other rescues and non breed rescues collaborated together, and communicated with the cane corso organization..and all together families were found.:thumbs up

SamIam March 19th, 2011 05:51 PM

You mean popping, right?:laughing: