Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Pics of the Newbies :) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=73465)

TwinTails November 5th, 2010 02:11 PM

Pics of the Newbies :)

3 Attachment(s)
So we've had a couple of new members join our pack :D

Sass is a 16 1/2 year old girl we found shortly before Thanksgiving. After working with the vets here, we found her owners (who had moved 6 years ago to Sask, and had given her away). We have since adopted her and she has become the queen bee around here ;) She's the eldest and everyone respects her.

Teani is a 6 year old female Ringneck Dove. I got her last night from a girl who was forced to rehome her (her Stepfather hates animals). She was told to give one away (either the bird, her dog or her horse). She's the sweetest little girl, very small compared to Ozzy (pigeon).

Here are a few photos of the critters:

TwinTails November 5th, 2010 02:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A couple more pics (Byron says hellooooooooo!):

Dog Dancer November 5th, 2010 02:31 PM

So sweet all of them. Nice step-dad. :( Hi back at Byron - what a cutie!

TwinTails November 5th, 2010 02:32 PM

I know, I talked to the girl privately and told her she is welcome to visit, call, email, etc. I want her to know that her baby is in good hands and that she can see her often :)

hazelrunpack November 5th, 2010 03:11 PM

Beautiful dove!! Sass is a cutie, too! I love sleepy kitties :cloud9:

And Byron is looking good! Hellooooooo, Byron! :D

Magicwildwolf69 November 5th, 2010 03:23 PM

Cute pics!

TwinTails November 5th, 2010 03:37 PM

Thank you :) We are so blessed with all of our furbabies :cloud9: We are now definitely stuffed ~ 6 cats, 3 chinchillas, 1 dog, 1 pigeon and 1 dove :crazy:

chico2 November 5th, 2010 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
TT,you are an angel for taking in a 16yr old kitty:grouphug:Love the ring-necked Dove,we had one here a couple of summers ago,we tried to catch her,but there was no way.
She stuck around here by my feeders and one day she didn't,I'll see if I can find her pic I took..you can't see her ring around her neck in the pic,but she was definetly Ringed Turtle Dove.

TwinTails November 5th, 2010 04:24 PM

Thank you Chico! When we found her, she was emaciated. We thought she was about 1-2 years old, then thought [I]maybe[/I] she was 5 or 6. No one had reported her missing, and after waiting 2 weeks (after calling everyone and advertising everywhere), she started acting odd. She was walking in circles and seemed right out of it. So we called the vet where her tattoo was registered, and they offered to look her over and euthy if need be. Well, she turned out perfectly fine, her original owners were found and because she was such a love, none of the people could euthy her. So I called them back (this was on my birthday on the 19th), and left a message with the emergency call center for them to NOT euthy her in the AM. I went and got her and she is now officially ours :D We both figured she came into our life for a reason, we can not turn her away now :lovestruck:

We have actually switched all the cats over to Evo (the turkey and halibut varieties). We got 3 coupons for free bags, so went to check them out. The shop owner was so awesome she let me use all three at once and gave me 2 6.6lb bags of the turkey and 3 2.2lb bags of the halibut (she had no big ones left). The kitties are all eating well, though not as much as before (yay!), pooping better, no longer peeing on things and have all gained a healthy weight (esp. Sass, who was bones until this past week, she's gained enough that she has some heft to her now :D).

chico2 November 6th, 2010 11:15 AM

TT,what a great,touching story about Sass,she is a very lucky little girl:grouphug: