Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Cat food forum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Frenchy wanna borrow Buddy ?! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=57099)

happycats October 1st, 2008 06:17 PM

Frenchy wanna borrow Buddy ?!

Hey Frenchy!!
You'll be so proud of Buddy, even though I'm a little :sad: about his latest hobby.......He's a MOUSE KILLER !!:eek:

Yup, he hunts them down chomps them!!

We were with him out in the yard, and saw him rooting around in the bushes, then he got a pointer like stance, tail straight out, one front paw up......then WHAM !! I made him drop it but it was to late to save the poor little mouse :rip: And as I was "disposing" of the poor little thing, off Buddy goes again, and catches another HUGE one, it wasn't a field mouse, it was a big dark grey one!!!

So yah wanna borrow him ;) :D

:rip: little mice

Frenchy October 1st, 2008 07:39 PM

omg omg , I'll pm you my address RIGHT NOW ! :laughing:

What a good boy he is ! :thumbs up thank dog he didn't he eat though , they're full of yucky stuff !

So that other one , the big one , if not a field mouse , where did it came from ? :eek:

TeriM October 1st, 2008 07:46 PM

So is this Buddy's new diet :rolleyes:. You posted in the dog food forum :laughing:.

Good work Buddy :thumbs up.

Watch out for that Frenchy though, she might not give Buddy back :p.

Frenchy October 1st, 2008 07:59 PM

[QUOTE=TeriM;666422]So is this Buddy's new diet :rolleyes:. You posted in the dog food forum :laughing:.

[COLOR="Red"]I didn't notice it was in the food forum :laughing:[/COLOR]
Watch out for that Frenchy though, she might not give Buddy back :p.[/QUOTE]

No where did happycat ever mentioned give him back ? Being french , I don't know what "borrow" means :rolleyes:, probably means to care for Buddy ? :whistle:

wdawson October 1st, 2008 08:14 PM

guess thats called a raw diet......:laughing:

happycats October 1st, 2008 08:30 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;666416]omg omg , I'll pm you my address RIGHT NOW ! :laughing:

What a good boy he is ! :thumbs up thank dog he didn't he eat though , they're full of yucky stuff !

So that other one , the big one , if not a field mouse , where did it came from ? :eek:[/QUOTE]

LOL, he dropped them soon as I told him to ! (such a good boy)

They were HUGE biggest mice I ever seen, I'm used to the little field mice, but these were big dark grey:eek: A little bigger then a hamster.
they were in my yard, in the weeds :o in my flowerbed!

happycats October 1st, 2008 08:32 PM

[QUOTE=TeriM;666422]So is this Buddy's new diet :rolleyes:. You posted in the dog food forum :laughing:.

Good work Buddy :thumbs up.

Watch out for that Frenchy though, she might not give Buddy back :p.[/QUOTE]

OMG really!!! I didn't notice :o

happycats October 1st, 2008 08:34 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;666432]No where did happycat ever mentioned give him back ? Being french , I don't know what "borrow" means :rolleyes:, probably means to care for Buddy ? :whistle:[/QUOTE]

LOL I guess you can't "borrow" him then, cause he's MY BOY, I wouldn't give him up for anything, I Love my fuzzybuddy!!:lovestruck:

Frenchy October 1st, 2008 08:40 PM

[QUOTE=happycats;666464]
They were HUGE biggest mice I ever seen, [/QUOTE]
ewwwwwww ! :yuck:
[QUOTE=happycats;666470]LOL I guess you can't "borrow" him then, cause he's MY BOY, I wouldn't give him up for anything, I Love my fuzzybuddy!!:lovestruck:[/QUOTE]

You have waited so long for you doggy companion , I would never take him from you , he's in :cloud9: right now ! :thumbs up

rainbow October 2nd, 2008 12:52 AM

If Buddy is eating mice you will have to worm him on a regular basis. :)

happycats October 2nd, 2008 06:01 AM

[QUOTE=rainbow;666645]If Buddy is eating mice you will have to worm him on a regular basis. :)[/QUOTE]

He's really good, and drops them as soon as I tell him to, and he's never outside alone, except for the 5am pee, but that's just a quickie.
I also have him on Revolution, which is supposed to kill worms.

I guess being a barn dog for his first year of life made him a great mouser:rolleyes: maybe he hung with the barn cats to often :D

happycats October 2nd, 2008 06:05 AM

[QUOTE=wdawson;666443]guess thats called a raw diet......:laughing:[/QUOTE]

:laughing:

Sad part is I think that was his main diet before I adopted him.

I don't think I'll have to worry about the rabbits eating all my plants and shrubs this winter. I did secure the bottom of all my fences to make sure no unsuspecting little bunnie or ground hog wanders into the yard (our yard backs on to a green belt) so we have plenty of wild life back there including cyotes (sp) although I haven't seen or heard one in over a year.

Love4himies October 2nd, 2008 06:29 AM

Ohhhhh Buddy is homing in on his learned skills from his farm life is he? What a good boy to do pest control. :lovestruck:

happycats October 3rd, 2008 05:58 AM

OMG!!! I've been up since 3AM!!!
DH and I wake up to Buddy's stomping, nail scratching,(we have laminate floors) knocking things over! We freak thinking he's having a seizure, we jump out of bed run towards the noise..........it's buddy all right, but no seizures (thank dog), he's chasing a freakin mouse, all through the house!!! :eek:
While the 4 cat's who were sleeping peacefully, are looking rather perturbed at beeing disturbed :rolleyes: but are not making any effort at all to help Buddy catch the mouse :frustrated:

Buddy finally cornered it, and we were able to get it in a pail and set it free in the back yard.

OMG there's mice in my house!!! :yell:.......I think they must have got in through the cat cage (I'm sure the cat's just watched it walk right in too :rolleyes:) I hope there is't any more!!!

Love4himies October 3rd, 2008 06:08 AM

Wow, you have a mouser dog :lovestruck:. Well as for the kitties, they just think of Buddy as thier servant who is to serve them their mice after the hard work of catching it is done :laughing:

happycats October 3rd, 2008 07:14 AM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;667229]Wow, you have a mouser dog :lovestruck:. Well as for the kitties, they just think of Buddy as thier servant who is to serve them their mice after the hard work of catching it is done :laughing:[/QUOTE]

LOL :laughing: I think your right !

Unfortunately dogs don't get around the house and furniture as easily or as gracefully as the cat's. It was like watching a Bull Moose in a china shop :D
Buddy was taking out everything, trying to get the wee mouse :rolleyes:

Diamondsmum October 3rd, 2008 10:31 AM

[QUOTE=happycats;667255]LOL :laughing: I think your right !

Unfortunately dogs don't get around the house and furniture as easily or as gracefully as the cat's. It was like watching a Bull Moose in a china shop :D
Buddy was taking out everything, trying to get the wee mouse :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

lol I totally agree,

mouse will run back to his friends and tell them THAT house is not safe to go in you should see the size of the cat in there. WOWSERS!! lol

Frenchy October 3rd, 2008 11:16 AM

[QUOTE=happycats;667225]
set it free in the back yard.

[/QUOTE]

And where do you think it was heading once you got back inside ? :rolleyes: :D

maybe you always had them (once it gets too cold outside) but the cats never minded. Now that you have Buddy ...

omg I can't believe all 4 cats didn't do nothing :laughing: Good job Buddy boy :thumbs up

happycats October 3rd, 2008 07:27 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;667369]And where do you think it was heading once you got back inside ? :rolleyes: :D

maybe you always had them (once it gets too cold outside) but the cats never minded. Now that you have Buddy ...

omg I can't believe all 4 cats didn't do nothing :laughing: Good job Buddy boy :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

The funny thing is, when I got home from work I went out back to get my bucket (the one we used last night to capture the mouse) I reached in to take out the cloth (used to pick up the mouse) and I see a little tail :sad:and think, poor little thing died......but all of a sudden It's little head pops up and it just looks at me :) Awwwwww the sweet little thing is alive and well.

I gut some nuts, crackers, water and a small blanket, and put him in my shed:o.....DH doesn't know, he thinks he's dead, and wouldn't be very happy that I moved a mouse into his shed! But what was I supposd to do ? Dump him in a field :shrug:

Frenchy October 3rd, 2008 07:59 PM

[QUOTE=happycats;667528]
I gut some nuts, crackers, water and a small blanket, and put him in my shed:o.....[/QUOTE]

:headslap: omg you guys and your mice !!! :laughing: I hope for you she isn't preggo !!

I won't post what I tried to do earlier when I opened the shed door and saw one right on the door step .... but it got away :frustrated:

happycats October 3rd, 2008 08:27 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;667553]:headslap: omg you guys and your mice !!! :laughing: I hope for you she isn't preggo !!

I won't post what I tried to do earlier when I opened the shed door and saw one right on the door step .... but it got away :frustrated:[/QUOTE]

LOL, I'm sorry frenchy......but I'm glad it got away!!:D

I think thy are cute, wee little eye's, little whiskers, and the cutest little pink toes, and soft grey fur.....(yes I petted the little guy, before I put him in the shed, he wasn't even afraid of me :o)..... :lovestruck:, how can you not think they're cute !!

If it makes you feel any better, My Mom thinks I'm nuts, and says i'm a fool for not bashing it's little head in :eek: I hope she never reads this

Frenchy October 3rd, 2008 08:31 PM

[QUOTE=happycats;667567] how can you not think they're cute !!

[/QUOTE]

Pretty much after it cost me about hummm .... $300.00 + because one got into my home last winter and gave the 2 cats and 4 dogs worms and fleas. :frustrated: So now , although I still thing they're gross and they creep me out , I have no problems to get rid of them. :evil:

babymomma October 3rd, 2008 09:01 PM

As a Former Mouse mommy, I no longer like frenchy and i do not want to talk to you again :frustrated:

Just kidding! Your awesome, alothough i do love mice and have alot of respect for them, i can understand your hate of them..lol

Frenchy October 3rd, 2008 09:28 PM

[QUOTE=babymomma;667601]As a Former Mouse mommy, I no longer like frenchy and i do not want to talk to you again :frustrated:

[/QUOTE]

:laughing: