Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Recipes for humans (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   Cinnamon Buns Please :) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=67894)

Melei'sMom January 13th, 2010 02:37 AM

Cinnamon Buns Please :)

I need an easy but awesome Cinnamon Bun recipe please :)

TeriM January 13th, 2010 02:39 AM

Do the frozen pillsbury ones count :D.

Melei'sMom January 13th, 2010 02:45 AM

[QUOTE=TeriM;873217]Do the frozen pillsbury ones count :D.[/QUOTE]

lol, I wish, DH has it in his head that he wants to make them. and that usually means he will start, get frustrated, and I will be baking cinnamon buns.:rolleyes:

quincymycat January 13th, 2010 06:59 AM

Do you hve a bread machine? If you do, use the "dough" setting and follow the sweet dough recipe. After it raises, roll the dough flat, cover with generous amounts of butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and raisins if desired. Roll the dough like a jelly roll, nto a long length, slice about 1 1/2 inch slices, place in pan prepared with, yes, more butter, brown sugar and cinnamon. Place slices close together, but do not cram together. Allow to dough to rise again till almost doubled and bake about 30 -40 minutes in a 350 oven or until they are brown and the filling is oozing up onto the buns. Let sit in pan about 5 mins then invert on tray. You have buns with lots of sugary cinna mony goodness and real body to the buns itself.
If you don't have a bread machine, the dough is still easy to make manually, just requires a bit moere effort,. If you want the sweet dough recipe I have to make it manually, PM me.
Good luck.

hazelrunpack January 13th, 2010 10:55 AM

omg, qmc, now I'm drooling! :eek: :cloud9:

quincymycat January 13th, 2010 11:03 AM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;873291]omg, qmc, now I'm drooling! :eek: :cloud9:[/QUOTE]
Yeah, I was just thinking about making some of these last week. My bread machine died a while back, but I got my daughter one for Christmas so was going to ask to borrow it. My wrists just aren't as stong anymore to knead the dough from scratch.
And they are sooo good! and so bad!! :highfive:

Dee-O-Gee January 13th, 2010 10:37 PM

I have a really great easy Betty Crocker homemade recipe for Cinnamon Rolls. Unfortunately, I tried to scan the page and my scanner's not working proper so I'll take it to another scanner tomorrow and send along. :thumbs up

My kids and DH drool over them.:cloud9:

Melei'sMom January 14th, 2010 03:33 AM

[QUOTE=klmccallum;873550]I have a really great easy Betty Crocker homemade recipe for Cinnamon Rolls. Unfortunately, I tried to scan the page and my scanner's not working proper so I'll take it to another scanner tomorrow and send along. :thumbs up

My kids and DH drool over them.:cloud9:[/QUOTE]

Easy? that is the best word used to describe a recipe. looking forward to seeing your recipe if you can get it up :)

ownedbycats January 14th, 2010 10:04 AM

I wouldn't mind seeing that recipe either. I had a good one for sticky buns that can be changed to cinnamon buns, but is time consuming to make and currently misplaced:(

Dee-O-Gee January 14th, 2010 06:04 PM

Here it is!

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the recipe. This is an easy "homemade from scratch" recipe. I had to shrink the dpi's on the scanner so the file could be less then the 109kb allowance so it's a choppy looking but still readable. :(

The most important ingredient that is not listed on the recipe is....you need to add [COLOR="Red"][B][I]love[/I][/B][/COLOR]! :lovestruck: :)

Enjoy! :thumbs up

[ATTACH]61415[/ATTACH]

Love4himies January 14th, 2010 06:08 PM

[QUOTE=klmccallum;873816]Here's the recipe. This is an easy "homemade from scratch" recipe. I had to shrink the dpi's on the scanner so the file could be less then the 109kb allowance so it's a choppy looking but still readable. :(

The most important ingredient that is not listed on the recipe is....you need to add [COLOR="Red"][B][I]love[/I][/B][/COLOR]! :lovestruck: :)

[ATTACH]61415[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]

I may add some kitty fur, not by choice though :laughing:

Thanks.

quincymycat January 14th, 2010 06:19 PM

[QUOTE=klmccallum;873816]Here's the recipe. This is an easy "homemade from scratch" recipe. I had to shrink the dpi's on the scanner so the file could be less then the 109kb allowance so it's a choppy looking but still readable. :(

My stupid CPU is not going to allow me to open the file....that is one of the main reasons I have to start considering getting a new one ...sigh.
If it would not be too much trouble :flirt::flirt::2huggers:, could you please PM the recipe to me???
I would be soooo happy!
Thank you! :)

Love4himies January 14th, 2010 06:46 PM

I tried to put a search tag called cinnamon buns, but couldn't figure out how to do it. If somebody knows how to do it, can they do it for me please :o

Melei'sMom January 14th, 2010 07:11 PM

Thank you! and I think I am going to try those orange rolls too! they all look so yummy!!!!!

Dee-O-Gee January 14th, 2010 07:50 PM

[QUOTE=Melei'sMom;873856]Thank you! and I think I am going to try those orange rolls too! they all look so yummy!!!!![/QUOTE]

I've never made the orange ones but the coloured picture on the page looks so yummy!!!

Good luck with the rolls Melei'sMom! :thumbs up

cockertail February 16th, 2014 04:55 PM

New to the forum so just reading up on older posts. Cinnamon buns are my favourite and your recipe looks so good ,I'll have to try.But for now am working on a giant carrot cake with cream cheese icing.So it goes when you bake for one.:D
This is a quick cinnamon bun recipe instead of the bread dough type it is a biscuit dough type.

2 cups flour,4 teaspoons baking powder ,2 teaspoons gran sugar, 1/4 teaspoons salt.Mix together ,then cut in 1/2 cup shortening into pea size pieces ,then add 2/3 cup milk and kneed until mixed,but don't over mix.Then roll out into a 1/4 to 1/2 ' thick square and spread with butter and spread thick with brown sugar and sprinkle with cinnamon.Roll up into a log and cut buns out about 1" thick and place in a un greased pan .Bake at 4:50 for 14-15 min.Best eaten fresh or next day I put icing on them.Makes about 10 buns

Barkingdog February 16th, 2014 05:11 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;873291]omg, qmc, now I'm drooling! :eek: :cloud9:[/QUOTE]

Same here and I am sorry I saw this thread.

marko February 17th, 2014 07:01 AM

mmmmm sounds good cockertail!

Ernestine Sims July 21st, 2016 02:44 PM

You should go and check Pinterest, there's lot of recipes there, especially when it comes to desserts.