Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Hugs And Best Wishes to BenMax and Maddox (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=65749)

Bailey_ September 21st, 2009 01:48 PM

Hugs And Best Wishes to BenMax and Maddox

...Because it deserves it's own thread.

:grouphug::grouphug:

Thinking of you both!! Please let us know when you hear anything, and try (although very difficult, we know) to keep your chin up. We're all here for you!!

BenMax September 21st, 2009 02:33 PM

Oh gawd Baily...thank you so much.:grouphug::cry:

chico2 September 21st, 2009 04:38 PM

Benmax,I just saw this and went in to the TJT to see what is happening.
I don't know who Maddox is,but I am so sorry and please never feel selfish,you are one of the most selfless people I know and if you need a shoulder,there are lots of us here who love you:grouphug:
I don't know anything about heartworm,but I am:pray:Maddox can be saved for you,you both are in my thoughts.

14+kitties September 21st, 2009 05:15 PM

BenMax, you know you have my :pray:ers added to everyone elses. Hopefully Maddox can be treated. As I said earlier..... if He brings you to it, He will bring you through it. :grouphug:

Chico - As near as I can figure Maddox is a dog that is a mixture of two of BM's dogs who have gone on to better things. She was hoping one day to find a dog just like him. She finally did in a dog she has been trying to rehome for the last month. Maddox has found his home. Let's pray it's not too late.

Marcha September 21st, 2009 05:29 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;828070]BenMax, you know you have my :pray:ers added to everyone elses. Hopefully Maddox can be treated. As I said earlier..... if He brings you to it, He will bring you through it. :grouphug:

Chico - As near as I can figure Maddox is a dog that is a mixture of two of BM's dogs who have gone on to better things. She was hoping one day to find a dog just like him. She finally did in a dog she has been trying to rehome for the last month. Maddox has found his home. Let's pray it's not too late.[/QUOTE]

:candle: :fingerscr

My thoughts are with you both.

Love4himies September 21st, 2009 05:42 PM

Thinking of you, BenMax. :grouphug:

BenMax September 22nd, 2009 12:47 PM

Thank you all so very much for your good wishes.

Tomorrow morning Maddox goes to the vet, gets x-rays for hips and leg, ultra sound for the heart and also more blood work and tests.

Last night he was very protective of 'mom'; his first warning that someone was outside. He also understands what his 'baby' is and carries it around on demand. He was playing with his blankets and me on the floor, being very puppy-like. Still grappying one shoe of each and gathering them in the middle of the floor. Enjoyed a raw knee bone, had a great dinner and just chilled. Haven't gotten an official 'kiss' yet but I get the nudge in the morning.

I pray that all will go well.

Again, it is so sad to be placed in this position as he belonged to someone at sometime in his life. Why this has happened to him is beyond me. Such a deserving boy to enjoy the rest of his life...really there should be and maybe even can be, years to come.

I am not ready to let go. I will listen to my vet and we will take it from there.

I love him so.:lovestruck::cloud9:

ancientgirl September 22nd, 2009 01:06 PM

Sending all the :pray:er's and :goodvibes: I can muster for Maddox.

Bailey_ September 22nd, 2009 01:09 PM

Maddox sounds like he's fitting into your home wonderfully. I'm SO glad he found you BenMax.

I will be thinking of you both tomorrow, and sending :pray:ers your way.

:grouphug:

edwina September 22nd, 2009 07:20 PM

:grouphug: for you and maddox
:pray:

Dee-O-Gee September 22nd, 2009 08:21 PM

You know that there's a bunch of :grouphug: :grouphug:'s from all of us!

Best of luck tomorrow at please keep us posted! :thumbs up

TeriM September 23rd, 2009 02:03 AM

Wanted to add my hugs and good thoughts to you and Maddox :grouphug: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :grouphug:.

Sylvie September 23rd, 2009 09:53 AM

I am thinking of Maddox too.

He is in my prayers. :grouphug:

BenMax September 23rd, 2009 10:13 AM

[QUOTE=Sylvie;828747]I am thinking of Maddox too.

He is in my prayers. :grouphug:[/QUOTE]

Thank you to all. I brought Maddox to the vet's this morning. At the edge of my seat.

clm September 23rd, 2009 10:45 AM

Sending lots of good vibes and hoping you nothing but good news. :goodvibes:

clm

Love4himies September 23rd, 2009 10:45 AM

:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: for Maddox and :grouphug: for you.

BenMax September 23rd, 2009 11:22 AM

Update..

Vet just called.

Maddox's knee is broken as well as ligaments. It's just one big mess and also a very old injury. So indeed - surgery required.

As for the heartworm - she is doing an x-ray of the heart, and further blood work.

It's a go!!! I am going to take care of this.

BIG HUGS MY BOY!!!

Bailey_ September 23rd, 2009 11:24 AM

:highfive:[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE]

That is wonderful news BM!!!!! So excited for you and Maddox. :grouphug:

Love4himies September 23rd, 2009 11:24 AM

:cry: :grouphug: I am so happy, I am crying for you.

bendyfoot September 23rd, 2009 11:25 AM

Finally, the mystery of the bum leg is solved!!!:thumbs up Please let us know the HW results as soon as you get them!!!:goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes:

Chris21711 September 23rd, 2009 11:31 AM

[QUOTE=BenMax;828783]
It's a go!!! I am going to take care of this.

BIG HUGS MY BOY!!![/QUOTE]

[COLOR="Red"]This just put a big :censored: grin on my face, way to go :thumbs up[/COLOR]

BenMax September 23rd, 2009 11:32 AM

I am choking back the waterworks right now. I am so very relieved. I already received personal donations from members of our rescue to help with the surgery. What a group of wonderful people!!!

Let's see what is happening now with those nasty worms. I will definately keep you updated on this.

Thank u all for all those prayers and good vibes.....IT WORKED!!!!!:thumbs up:grouphug:

Rottielover September 23rd, 2009 12:00 PM

I am so happy you found out what was and is wrong with that sweet boy.:grouphug: to you and Maddox.

clm September 23rd, 2009 12:33 PM

Won't it be wonderful for him to finally get that bum leg fixed. I'm so glad you can finally relax a little.

Fingers crossed the heartworm can be controlled quickly and hoping for a speedy recovery for Maddox.

clm

Chris21711 September 23rd, 2009 12:49 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"][FONT="Arial Black"]**THE HANDSOME MADDOX**[/FONT][/COLOR]

[ATTACH]58177[/ATTACH]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]And another one :lovestruck:[/COLOR]

[ATTACH]58178[/ATTACH]

Bailey_ September 23rd, 2009 01:01 PM

:lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:

BEAUTIFUL.

BenMax September 23rd, 2009 01:05 PM

Thank you Chris!!!!

He is HANDSOME isn't he!!!:cloud9:

ancientgirl September 23rd, 2009 01:05 PM

What a handsome boy!!:lovestruck:

Chris21711 September 23rd, 2009 01:08 PM

[QUOTE=BenMax;828829]Thank you Chris!!!!

[COLOR="Red"]You are more than welcome.....I'm feeling quite proud that you would entrust such a task to a Tech-less chick like myself :o[/COLOR]

He is HANDSOME isn't he!!!:cloud9:[/QUOTE]

He is more than handsome :lovestruck:

Love4himies September 23rd, 2009 02:04 PM

Maddox is absolutely beautiful, BenMax, as you are too, both physically and mentally :grouphug: