Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Breed characteristics and traits (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What breed does my puppy look like? How big do you think he will get? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=87190)

kayla&kayden June 9th, 2016 03:41 PM

What breed does my puppy look like? How big do you think he will get?

1 Attachment(s)
[SIZE="5"]I was told he was great pryreenes, shepherd, husky mix. Does this look accurate? He has the double dew claws like pyreenes do. How big do you think he will get? He is 6 months old and 60 pounds right now.[/SIZE]

Barkingdog June 9th, 2016 05:19 PM

I am not sure how big he will get but I do know he'll be very handsome ! I love his tail , I think that is the only place I see any GS in him the dark marking on his tail looks like GS coloring to me. His tail
curl like a husky .

hazelrunpack June 9th, 2016 06:06 PM

I gotta agree! He's quite the handsome dude! :flirt:

I think dogs typically have attained their full height by 8 mos on average, but still put on body mass till they're about 12 mos of age--and that held pretty true for our guys. By 6 mos, though, their growth spurts seemed to slow down. They topped out at about 60 lbs, so not quite as big as your boy is going to be! :D Still, I'm thinking if he's 60 now, he may top out at 80 or 85. Maybe? :laughing: I don't know for sure, but I still know he's a handsome dude! :thumbs up

It'll be interesting to see how big he gets. I've heard that the larger breeds grow more slowly, so if the Great Pyr comes out in him, he could well get bigger! He doesn't seem to have the massive bones of a Pyr, though.

Longblades June 10th, 2016 08:29 AM

All three of those breeds have much longer and heavier coats than your puppy. I think there must be predominantly something else in the mix for him to have such a short coat. I've never seen any in that colour mix either, though maybe close. And his head shape and ear set doesn't match any of the three.

Maybe some terrier in there? JR? A bit of Basenji? They would probably be smaller though.

Did you see his parents? Where did you get him? He looks alert and happy, that's the main thing. It's hard to say how much bigger he'll get but dogs have most of their height at 6 months. You will have to post back when he's a year and more fully grown so we can see and guess again. :)

Barkingdog June 10th, 2016 10:22 AM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1074092]I gotta agree! He's quite the handsome dude! :flirt:

I think dogs typically have attained their full height by 8 mos on average, but still put on body mass till they're about 12 mos of age--and that held pretty true for our guys. By 6 mos, though, their growth spurts seemed to slow down. They topped out at about 60 lbs, so not quite as big as your boy is going to be! :D Still, I'm thinking if he's 60 now, he may top out at 80 or 85. Maybe? :laughing: I don't know for sure, but I still know he's a handsome dude! :thumbs up

It'll be interesting to see how big he gets. I've heard that the larger breeds grow more slowly, so if the Great Pyr comes out in him, he could well get bigger! He doesn't seem to have the massive bones of a Pyr, though.[/QUOTE]

I saw him before you ! LOL ! A dog can grain too much weigh if overfed, I see a lot of fat dogs today some are so fat they can hardly walk.

hazelrunpack June 10th, 2016 12:06 PM

[QUOTE=Longblades;1074103]Maybe some terrier in there? JR? A bit of Basenji? They would probably be smaller though.
[/QUOTE]

Oh, ya--I could see Basenji in the mix! That would explain the curl in the tail, too! :thumbs up

Barkingdog June 10th, 2016 01:17 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;1074110]Oh, ya--I could see Basenji in the mix! That would explain the curl in the tail, too! :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

Yeah there a few breeds of dogs with a curly tail . Here is a list of dogs with curly tails I am not sure if the list is complete .

[url]http://www.dogguide.net/curly-tail-dog-breeds.php[/url]

I looked up Basenji and I agree with you !