Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Abused cat in Ontario needs rescue ASAP (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=64070)

BenMax July 13th, 2009 08:19 AM

Abused cat in Ontario needs rescue ASAP

Geez just one thing after another!

A young cat under one year, male, not vaccinated, not sterilzed is being tossed outside, and was seen physically thrown around needs urgent help. I have no details on color however I was told very affectionate.

This cat is presently in Ontario - Lancaster (wherever that is). The person who witnessed this will not make a complaint however there is a plan to remove the cat.

Is there anyone that has a connection with a good rescue group in Ontario to help this boy? Please - time is of the essence. I am prepared to donate $50.00 to anyone that can help save him to offset some medical expense. Not much - but it is all I can afford.

Thanks for your help and for listening.

PS - I can try to arrange somesort of transport or arrangement.

Melinda July 13th, 2009 08:22 AM

lancaster is near me and under our spca's jurisdiction , why does the person not just call the spca to put in a complaint? Bonnie will go and check it out.

Winston July 13th, 2009 08:25 AM

BM the only rescue group I know really near me is Animal Welfare Association but they are in Hamilton. I agree with Melinda perhaps you will have better success with going through the SPCA?

GOod Luck MF

14+kitties July 13th, 2009 08:29 AM

:wall: Crap! Get him away, message me, try getting him here. :shrug: He is young enough and hopefully once recovered, healthy enough to be adopted. No donation necessary.

BenMax July 13th, 2009 08:36 AM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;800182]:wall: Crap! Get him away, message me, try getting him here. :shrug: He is young enough and hopefully once recovered, healthy enough to be adopted. No donation necessary.[/QUOTE]

What is the distance between where you live and Lancaster? I will ABSOLUTELY donate. No ifs ands or buts! By far it is better that I source out somewhere in Ontario. If need be I will have him brought here to Quebec (which is not what i want to do).

BenMax July 13th, 2009 08:38 AM

[QUOTE=Melinda;800178]lancaster is near me and under our spca's jurisdiction , why does the person not just call the spca to put in a complaint? Bonnie will go and check it out.[/QUOTE]

They will not as this person lives in Montreal (the witness). He does not want to get involved but does want to get this cat out.

I cannot push someone to make an official complaint. Apparently it is a family member that is doing this.

Let's just work on getting this cat to safety.:thumbs up

Melinda July 13th, 2009 08:43 AM

they don't have to give their name.....no one does and its still checked out, this is ontario don't forget benmax, spca's seem to be a bit different here

Melinda July 13th, 2009 08:47 AM

BenMax, do you have an addy or name? (of cat owner) It could be very likely that I know them as lancaster is pretty well a part of cornwall and we spend a lot of time there

Melinda July 13th, 2009 08:51 AM

Branch Investigation Hotline: (613) 936-0072
Fax: (613) 936-0137

The officers name is Bonnie (wonderful woman)

[url]http://sdg.ontariospca.ca/1-whocall.shtml[/url]

BenMax July 13th, 2009 09:04 AM

Melinda - he will not call regardless of the anonymity. I need to work on getting this cat to safety.

The guy does not want this cat which belongs to the girlfriend. He is not treating this cat right and a concerned family member wants the cat somewhere safe. I cannot convince him to lodge a complaint.

I need help getting this cat to safety.

Melinda July 13th, 2009 09:07 AM

get all the info and you call in BenMax, it doesn't matter who calls, so long as its logged and checked out, Benmax, stress on the phone that time is of the essense, explain what you've said here (except for the stealing), by the time you arrange the theft, transportation etc, if its really really dire to do it immediately then let Bonnie know that and she'll have it done pronto. would that not be faster?? and you don't have to give your name either.

BenMax July 13th, 2009 09:17 AM

[QUOTE=Melinda;800197]get all the info and you call in BenMax, it doesn't matter who calls, so long as its logged and checked out, Benmax, stress on the phone that time is of the essense, explain what you've said here (except for the stealing), by the time you arrange the theft, transportation etc, if its really really dire to do it immediately then let Bonnie know that and she'll have it done pronto. would that not be faster?? and you don't have to give your name either.[/QUOTE]

I have no clue as to where exactly this cat is except that the cat is in Lancaster. This man will not give me any info as he knows how passionate I am about this and that I will take the appropriate action. Trust me - I have tried everything.

The deal is he gets the cat either in Montreal and gives to me or I find something in Ontario. There is no other way around this. I have tried my best but I cannot get anywhere with this.

I am certainly not trying to avoid any appropriate intervention - I am now being asked to help this cat (if I can) get to safety. That's the deal.

Melinda July 13th, 2009 09:23 AM

doesn't sound then like the other person really cares if they won't help any more than that....geeesh. i was thinking only of the cat and doing it the legal way which is much different here than in montreal. Ok, I tried, good luck. wait...if he won't tell you where the cat is, how are you suppose to steal it?? are you sure its true and not just a grudge or something against his relative?

Love4himies July 13th, 2009 09:26 AM

If you get the cat, can you turn it over to Melinda who can then take it the Cornwall SPCA and talk to Bonnie?

BenMax July 13th, 2009 09:32 AM

[QUOTE=Melinda;800205]doesn't sound then like the other person really cares if they won't help any more than that....geeesh. i was thinking only of the cat and doing it the legal way which is much different here than in montreal. Ok, I tried, good luck. wait...if he won't tell you where the cat is, how are you suppose to steal it?? are you sure its true and not just a grudge or something against his relative?[/QUOTE]

Ok - the guy obviously cares enough to get the cat to safety - I think that is why he is asking for help. This is why I am asking here if there is any help. I don't really like the word stealing. I am going to convince through my contact to surrender.

Is the SPCA in Cornwall no kill? Maybe I can convince them to surrender the cat there. Also - is there a fee to surrender?

Also - Melinda there is no grudge. The gentleman is an animal loving individual that notified me of a dog that was abandoned. He contacted me for this dog and I in turn found a rescue. There is nothing strange about this person or his intentions.

Melinda July 13th, 2009 09:34 AM

there is a fee if you an afford it, if its a stray a donation is asked for, if you can't afford it, then no, no fee is required, as for a no kill, I honestly don't know, but I do know that animals are "traded" between here, brockville, gananoque to give them more exposure to a wider variety of people. IF the op needs money to surrender the cat, then someone mentioned giving money to help steal it, give some of that, or hell I can give them 20 or so.

BenMax July 13th, 2009 09:37 AM

[QUOTE=Melinda;800211]there is a fee if you an afford it, if its a stray a donation is asked for, if you can't afford it, then no, no fee is required, as for a no kill, I honestly don't know, but I do know that animals are "traded" between here, brockville, gananoque to give them more exposure to a wider variety of people. IF the op needs money to surrender the cat, then someone mentioned giving money to help steal it, give some of that, or hell I can give them 20 or so.[/QUOTE]

Then I shall convey the message. Thank you. I will take care of the cost of surrender if I decide to go this route.

Melinda July 13th, 2009 09:42 AM

good luck *S*

BenMax July 13th, 2009 09:46 AM

[QUOTE=Melinda;800213]good luck *S*[/QUOTE]

Thanks appreciate your help.

Winston July 13th, 2009 09:52 AM

BM if you need the link to the Hamilton site it is:

awa.xux.net

Not sure if or what could be done? sorry!

t.pettet July 13th, 2009 08:23 PM

Abused cat

PM me as I know of a great rescue that very rarely says no.

Tundra_Queen July 13th, 2009 09:59 PM

BM, thank u for trying to help this poor little animal. You are wonderful!! :angel2:

Debbie

Golden Girls July 14th, 2009 07:20 AM

[QUOTE=BenMax;800176]Geez just one thing after another!

A young cat under one year, male, not vaccinated, not sterilzed is being tossed outside, and was seen physically thrown around needs urgent help. I have no details on color however I was told very affectionate.

This cat is presently in Ontario - Lancaster (wherever that is). The person who witnessed this will not make a complaint however there is a plan to remove the cat.

Is there anyone that has a connection with a good rescue group in Ontario to help this boy? Please - time is of the essence. I am prepared to donate $50.00 to anyone that can help save him to offset some medical expense. Not much - but it is all I can afford.

Thanks for your help and for listening.

PS - I can try to arrange somesort of transport or arrangement.[/QUOTE]Joy were you able to get your contact to ask owner to surrender? :goodvibes: Cornwall SPCA is a great rescue group and they would have him vet checked/shots as well as he'd have a chance at adoption (spay) seeing he's very affectionate. Bless you for helping :angel: What is wrong with people :sad:

Melinda July 14th, 2009 07:28 AM

at our spca you pick out, they call your references etc, then you pay, do paperwork and go home , your pet will be ready in a few days because it gets s/n. before its allowed to leave. well cats and dogs anyways.

BenMax July 14th, 2009 07:50 AM

I have been working on this non-stop. Very tired! Cats are so difficult to find homes for. There is an option if I get the cat here, but to be honest if in Ontario I prefer finding something there.

One thing is for sure - the cat will get the heck away from there PERIOD.

Thank you GG, Melinda, 14+K, Rottielover, Winston and T.Pettet. I will find something.

Golden Girls July 14th, 2009 07:57 AM

[QUOTE=BenMax;800538]One thing is for sure - the cat will get the heck away from there PERIOD[/QUOTE]No doubt :)

BenMax July 14th, 2009 08:05 AM

[QUOTE=Golden Girls;800546]No doubt :)[/QUOTE]

:offtopic: GG will this ever friggen END?

Rottielover July 14th, 2009 10:47 AM

Joy is this the same cat you were talking to me about, or is this another one. If it is the same cat, I will talk to my friend again to see if he can still help.

BenMax July 14th, 2009 10:52 AM

[QUOTE=Rottielover;800580]Joy is this the same cat you were talking to me about, or is this another one. If it is the same cat, I will talk to my friend again to see if he can still help.[/QUOTE]

Same cat - but I just received new development. I will be receiving him here in Montreal as I run out of options - which is ok. I got a call from another rescue (dog rescue) and they are looking for a cat in need. Talk about good fortune. So I will get this cat all vetted and the cat now has a confirmed home.

If your friend can help with another - yesterday I got an e-mail from another dog rescue located in Ontario asking me to help find a home for yet another cat in a bad way. I will e-mail you the picture and you can pass onto your friend.

I swear - I am officially BURNT!:sad:

OFF TOPIC - I have not forgotten about the 3 rotts. I spoke to her today.

Melinda July 14th, 2009 03:32 PM

if threre are any more rescues willing to take some , maybe cpietra's kittens/cats could be taken???