Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   She travels in a pack! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=65840)

Macomom September 25th, 2009 07:55 AM

She travels in a pack!

I didn't realize it until this morning when my husband pointed it out, but anytime I move from room to room, all three dogs get up and come with me.
I looked down at my feet after his comment and I had dogs all around me. It was so wonderful :) There is no doubt these dogs think I am pack leader since they don't follow anyone else. I even have the bulldog convinced. :goodvibes: I love my squishy faced dogs.

Gail P September 25th, 2009 09:00 AM

When I read the title I thought you must be talking about me! :p Same thing here only my pack is larger. Wherever I go in the house I'm followed by 6-9 dogs. The bathroom tends to get a bit crowded sometimes :laughing:

Macomom September 25th, 2009 09:01 AM

Lol. I completely get that.
The dogs wait for me when I am in the shower :) We have a small bathroom, so it is kind of comical.

pbpatti September 25th, 2009 09:20 AM

Macomom, what great insight, and here I thought that Sasha was following me all over the place for food. That is :cool: now I believe that she truly sees me as her pack leader. yippee. She thinks I am number 1...:lovestruck:

catlover2 September 25th, 2009 09:31 AM

Not just dogs

Same thing here! Whenever I go from room to room, or downstairs or upstairs, but [I]especially[/I] the bathrooms!--- my two little shadows follow me everywhere---not dogs but 2 Devon Rex cats! :D

ancientgirl September 25th, 2009 12:54 PM

Happens to me too. :D

Macomom September 25th, 2009 12:57 PM

It was such a joy. Strangely, I love being in an entourage. If only I could teach one of them to do my makeup...

ancientgirl September 25th, 2009 12:58 PM

It makes you feel good that they just want to be with you. No matter what you are doing, um...even in the bathroom.:laughing:

Macomom September 25th, 2009 01:00 PM

I know what I am doing in the bathroom- petting the Mastiff who is on eye level with me.

Love4himies September 25th, 2009 01:08 PM

Yup, not just dogs, Jasper and Rose follow me everywhere. Funny everybody mentions the "bathroom", that is one of the only places I can pat Rose :laughing:.

hazelrunpack September 25th, 2009 01:22 PM

I get the same treatment, but I'm pretty sure it's cuz they're bored and Mom can be good entertainment. They know mom is a clutz. :o That means the occasional piece of dropped food, or, if they decide to practice their Tripping Hazard skills, the occasional human lying on the floor to get her face licked! :laughing:

Smiley14 September 25th, 2009 04:22 PM

Ditto here too. I have an audience for everything. :)

Shaykeija September 25th, 2009 05:06 PM

HMMM....no one said anything about slap and tickle time. I usually have 4 little faces looking at me like "hey Mom whatya doing?" LOL :laughing:

Macomom September 25th, 2009 05:07 PM

lol Shaykeija:D
We were all politely ignoring that, but I am glad you brought it up.:laughing::laughing:

Sheri H September 25th, 2009 06:56 PM

I get the same thing with the two dogs and the cats will follow me around too.

Shaykeija: Hopefully yours will get off the bed because once Kali has claimed her usual sleeping spot, she flatly refuses to move and will hiss and growl if I every try to move her, even if it's just to get under the blankets to sleep.

ancientgirl September 25th, 2009 06:58 PM

You know, as far as the having company in the bathroom. It's only fair. I know I sometimes watch my gang in the litterbox, mainly Maks, to make sure he's not peeing over the side. LOL, I'm used to having an audience in the bathroom.

luckypenny September 25th, 2009 08:21 PM

I'm sure all mine do the same cuz I'm the one who goes "hunting" for their meals everyday :rolleyes:. And they know, more frequently than I care to admit, that I also hunt the special forest for those special squealing animals and squeaking balls that won't run away from them :D.

All of our dogs and fosters follow only me when I'm home but I tend to think of it more as a closer bond between us (and the fact that I'm the main provider of all the fun stuff) than being pack leader :).

Frenchy September 25th, 2009 08:36 PM

[QUOTE=Gail P;829487] The bathroom tends to get a bit crowded sometimes :laughing:[/QUOTE]

omg tell me about it ! :headslap: I live alone so I never close the door .... :p

there's no way I can go in there to read a magazine :frustrated:

Frenchy September 25th, 2009 08:37 PM

[QUOTE=luckypenny;829675] that I also hunt the special forest for those special squealing animals and squeaking balls that won't run away from them :D.

[/QUOTE]

Yes and for LP , everyday is hunting season for those squeaking things :laughing: