Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Problems (technical) with the bulletin board or the site (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Anyone having loggin issues? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=84366)

marko July 31st, 2013 07:31 AM

Anyone having loggin issues?

Hi members,

Some tweaks were done to the BB last night and that has left some people with loggin issues which we are investigating.

Can a few members chime in to let us know if you are having issues?
(if you can loggin that is)

Thx and sorry for the hassle!

Barkingdog July 31st, 2013 08:48 AM

I was having to sign in and I never log out ,my username was not being remembered . I was able to login today without having to sign in.

Jull July 31st, 2013 08:51 AM

I had to sign in about 5 times before I was actually in :wall: it was driving me crazy :D

Jull July 31st, 2013 08:52 AM

I had to sign in about 5 times before I was actually in :wall: and I keep trying to post a reply to this, but it is not showing up... :yell: or at least not for me.

hazelrunpack July 31st, 2013 09:05 AM

I just signed in, it seemed to be going well, then the page came up again looking like the login hadn't been successful. There was no error message--just showed me as not logged in. However, when I hit the Today's Posts link, the posts from today came up fine and the page showed me as logged in. :shrug:

hazelrunpack July 31st, 2013 09:09 AM

And I don't know if you can see my posts, but I can't--I see when I first post, but when I revisit the thread, the post is gone. The thread still shows mine as the last post, though. :shrug:

Barkingdog July 31st, 2013 09:14 AM

I was able to see two posts of yours on this threads .

homer July 31st, 2013 09:14 AM

testing on Internet explorer 9 and windows 7 OS seems to work.

marko July 31st, 2013 09:19 AM

Yup there's weirdness going on - On Chrome with Windows 7 I'm having trouble with staying logged in.

[QUOTE]I just signed in, it seemed to be going well, then the page came up again looking like the login hadn't been successful. There was no error message--just showed me as not logged in. However, when I hit the Today's Posts link, the posts from today came up fine and the page showed me as logged in.[/QUOTE]

I'm experiencing this as well.

I have someone looking into this today and sorry for the hassle.

marko July 31st, 2013 09:28 AM

seems that for some people, until this is fixed, when it [I]appears[/I] that you are logged out, just click on new posts or today's threads anyway. That seems to 'reset' the loggout for me and I can click on threads and answer them without logging in again.

(just a temp. suggestion until this is solved) Thx!

marko July 31st, 2013 09:41 AM

can u see your posts after a time HRP?

homer July 31st, 2013 09:42 AM

On Internet explorer 9 w/windows 7, there doesn't seem to be any issue with posting, seeing threads, or staying logged in.

marko July 31st, 2013 09:50 AM

Refreshing the page seems to help on Chrome.

hazelrunpack July 31st, 2013 11:49 AM

I can see my posts now but I think I can't see my posts until someone else posts after me...

dmc123 July 31st, 2013 04:36 PM

[QUOTE=Barkingdog;1060157]I was having to sign in and I never log out ,my username was not being remembered . I was able to login today without having to sign in.[/QUOTE]

same here- seems to be working now :)

marko August 1st, 2013 08:39 AM

Some tweaks were done yesterday - and my issues seem solved - can members report if they are still having issues? Sorry for the hassles but we are on it.

If you are still having issues - this might help. Thx!

Sometimes the issue after we 'fix' things, is directly related to the browser's cache holding the old information.

Here's how to do it:
How to Clear Your Browser Cache

A cache is temporary storage for website data, which is used to improve your browsing experience. However, sometimes the cache can store outdated information, and needs to be cleared. For more information about what a cache is and why it is important, please click here.

If you simply need a quick way to clear your cache, most modern browsers support the ctrl-shift-del (Option-Command-E for Safari users)key combination to bring up the privacy settings dialog. Once this dialog is on your screen, simply select the 'cache' option from the settings available, and continue. If this method does not work for you, please find your browser and version below for specific instructions.

For detailed instructions click here [url]https://my.bluehost.com/cgi/help/431[/url]

dmc123 August 1st, 2013 04:19 PM

I had to login again today :(

Barkingdog August 1st, 2013 04:56 PM

I did have try to log in two times this morning , I got some message saying the site was not working but I was able to log on the second try,

marko August 1st, 2013 05:36 PM

It seems better but not completely solved yet...still investigating.

Thx!

marko August 1st, 2013 06:13 PM

Site works well for me using explorer but still some caching (not seeing posted stuff immediately) issues with Chrome.

If members could continue to report any problems in this thread that would be appreciated.

thx!

Barkingdog August 1st, 2013 06:27 PM

I just had to sign in , I have this forum saved in my favorite and would just click on it and get logged in.

marko August 1st, 2013 06:33 PM

Thx barkingdog - but more importantly can you see all your posts immediately after you post and can you stay logged in during your session?

letting me know what browser and OS people are using also helps.

Thx!

Dee-O-Gee August 1st, 2013 09:27 PM

I use Chrome and after typing my user name/password it thanked me for logging in but I was on guest privileges.

Type my username about 8 more times with my password and finally got in to see this was the first thread.

I'll scope around and make a post somewhere to see if it sticks. :thumbs up

jarvis-admin August 1st, 2013 09:52 PM

Testing the reply after modifying caching. Please test again to see if problem still exists.

Dee-O-Gee August 1st, 2013 10:01 PM

Not seeing my previous post nor my post in the August Photo Challenge is appearing either.

This was brought back up to the top of the threads and see Jarvis-admin posted something after mine but I can't see that either! :shrug:

Dee-O-Gee August 1st, 2013 10:02 PM

Oh wow! Now I see them above. :headslap:

Dee-O-Gee August 1st, 2013 10:04 PM

Okay...now they're gone again! :wall:

Are we playing hide-and-go-seek?

hazelrunpack August 1st, 2013 10:38 PM

I think that's it, DOG--hide-and-go-seek! You're IT!! :laughing: But if it's any consolation, that's pretty much what has been happening at this end, too...

marko August 1st, 2013 11:57 PM

Hi Jarvis,
Just tested on Safari and I got asked for username multiple times.

Dee-O-Gee August 2nd, 2013 06:24 PM

Just checking back and I only needed to enter my username/password 1 time.

Everything I posted last evening seems to be there so I guess this makes Hazel..IT! :laughing: :D