Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   it's been a long time (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=75251)

dogcatharmony February 12th, 2011 05:03 PM

it's been a long time

Hi all, it's been a very long time since i was last here. And I have missed all of you, but I wasn't in the frame of mind to talk pets. I lost Phoebe in August to cancer (lymphoma). I did everything I could for her and still that ugly ugly disease ate my baby up.:cry: Sorry, i still have tears for her. Then I had a big scare with my big boy, he is now on amitriptylne (sp?) and I had a lump scare with Dexter that almost sent me over the edge. Found out he has a very over pronounced sternum and his 13th ribs are also protuding.
I did adopt a new baby, little Olivia in November. She is still a little peanut that has her own share of problems, at 4 and a half months she went into heat way too soon. I will have to share some pics of her. She is a tiny Calico, at 4 pounds but she has the "my house, my rules" of a Cali girl.
I would like to thank the wonderful lady who sent me a message on a game site, to get me back here. Maybe its time to have some help from others to heal, I still cry myself to sleep about Pheebs. I miss that little beeper so much.

14+kitties February 12th, 2011 05:15 PM

Hi sweetie!! I missed seeing you here. Figured that was the best way to get you back. :grouphug:
I am so so sorry about Phoebe. Last year was such a rotten year for so many of us. I lost my Brownie and later Demi when she went to be spayed. She didn't wake up. :( I completely understand the tears. They still fall here too for the many I, and others on here, have lost. :grouphug:
How sweet of you to adopt another kitty. :angel: Is Dexter ok now? :fingerscr
It sounds like you've had a rough rough year. But you are back where you belong now. :grouphug: Welcome back mf. :grouphug:

Now - something about a little peanut and pictures???? ;) :laughing:

chico2 February 12th, 2011 05:29 PM

Awww,great that you are back,like 14+says,we had a difficult 2010,many of us lost very much loved babies.
I lost my sweet Rocky in September and I don't think I'll ever completely recover,I miss him very,very much,so you are not alone.
I am very sorry about Phoebe,but happy you have little Olivia,kittens always put a smile on your face,no matter what.

When you feel like it,pics please;)

dogcatharmony February 12th, 2011 05:30 PM

:grouphug: Thankyou so much. I was afraid to return, I left so suddenly, and with some unfinished business that I didn't get around to taking care of. But, I spent ever single moment I could with Pheeb's. There were days I even left work because I was so upset. I got into an arguement with a manager, I said "if this was your child you wouldn't be here doing you job, you would be at home" They let me go home when needed, and I appreciate that, even though I am now known as the "crazy cat" lady.
Dexter is doing okay, the vet is so intrigued with him. He is one unusual kitty. He is a solid 11 pounds, but his rib cage and sternum are huge. It's like he swollowed a toblerrone chocolate and it is stuck under his skin. He has no neck, his ribs stick out but he is 100% healthy.
Think it's time for some pics.....keep an eye out...they are coming

14+kitties February 12th, 2011 05:32 PM

Yay!!!! I'm going to go join hubby for a while. I'll be back to see them. :D :thumbs up And don't ever be afraid to come back mf. Please. :)

dogcatharmony February 12th, 2011 05:45 PM

And big big :grouphug: to all those that lost loved ones. It is so hard to let go of the unconditional love they give. And I will never forget what my vet said, "this is the last act of love that you can provide for them"
:candle: for all those running free at Rainbow bridge

mastifflover February 12th, 2011 05:58 PM

So glad you made your way back. I am so sorry for your loss of Phoebe. But you can always come here when you are needing a shoulder we have lots of those.

14+kitties February 12th, 2011 06:14 PM

[QUOTE=dogcatharmony;985138]:grouphug: Thankyou so much. I was afraid to return, I left so suddenly, and with some unfinished business that I didn't get around to taking care of. But, I spent ever single moment I could with Pheeb's. There were days I even left work because I was so upset. I got into an arguement with a manager, I said "if this was your child you wouldn't be here doing you job, you would be at home" They let me go home when needed, and I appreciate that, even though I am now known as the "crazy cat" lady.
Dexter is doing okay, the vet is so intrigued with him. He is one unusual kitty. He is a solid 11 pounds, but his rib cage and sternum are huge. It's like he swollowed a toblerrone chocolate and it is stuck under his skin. He has no neck, his ribs stick out but he is 100% healthy.
[/QUOTE]

Good for you standing up to that manager. :thumbs up I swear people just don't understand. It's tough when you know you have a sick one at home and you have to concentrate at work. :( I can think of a whole lot of things worse than being called a crazy cat lady. :D I get that at least 4 or 5 times a day.
Funny Dex is built like that. My youngest, Dart, had a pronounced rib cage when he was younger but he's grown into it. Is Dex still a bundle of trouble? :evil: And Zoe - we need to hear about Zoe too please.

14+kitties February 12th, 2011 06:16 PM

[QUOTE=dogcatharmony;985143]And big big :grouphug: to all those that lost loved ones. It is so hard to let go of the unconditional love they give. And I will never forget what my vet said, "this is the last act of love that you can provide for them"
:candle: for all those running free at Rainbow bridge[/QUOTE]

It is the hardest thing we have to do but it most definitely is the strongest act of love we can show. :grouphug: Thank you mf. A big :candle: for Phoebe as well.

dogcatharmony February 12th, 2011 06:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is the last pic of beep , just before I had to take her in. Everything had shut down, kidneys, bowels.........etc. The prednisone they gave her for her final days did nothing, but she still wanted to lick a bit of food.....
I thought i would share it....
[ATTACH]72155[/ATTACH]

dogcatharmony February 12th, 2011 06:47 PM

ok, that was really hard. Didn't think I had that many tears left in me......

14+kitties February 12th, 2011 07:00 PM

[QUOTE=dogcatharmony;985173]ok, that was really hard. Didn't think I had that many tears left in me......[/QUOTE]

:grouphug::grouphug: Me either. Got mine going too. :cry: I still can't look at pics of Brownie or Demi myself without breaking down. It's ok mf. It really is. :grouphug: Thank you for sharing. She was such a pretty girl. :candle:

clm February 13th, 2011 12:42 AM

Poor kitty. Cancer is just a horrible disease for any one or anything to have to endure. :( I too well up when I look at pics of my Freddie, Yogi, Max, Toby and Big Max. I'm so sorry you lost her.
Hugs to you and welcome back.

clm

Love4himies February 13th, 2011 07:49 AM

Welcome back, I think of you often and wondered what happened.

I am so sorry to hear about Phoebe :cry::grouphug:, I lost Snowball to cancer, such a horrible disease indeed.:(. I am so glad you stood up to that manager and if crazy cat lady is not the worst thing you can be called, lol. Wear that name with pride that you have the compassion to care for another living being.:angel:

How are you and your neighbour getting along?

chico2 February 13th, 2011 08:27 AM

What a little sweetheart,to me it's becoming very common-place to sit here and tear up,my hubs don't even bother asking why anymore..

We will always carry our lost loved ones in our hearts,often times with tears,but also with a smile,remembering their soft purr of happiness,their unconditional love...never to be forgotten.:cat:

Tundra_Queen February 13th, 2011 08:51 PM

I'm so very sorry to hear about Phoebe's passing. :( I know what a sweetie she was. That pic of her made me :cry:

hazelrunpack February 20th, 2011 08:34 PM

Sorry to hear about Phoebe :grouphug: But welcome back, DCH!