Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Paco,new foster (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=41840)

Frenchy June 23rd, 2007 09:32 PM

Paco,new foster

Yes I know what you will say (or think) he looks just like all my other fosters :laughing: (another senior :sad: ) I'm waiting a bit to put him up in the adoption thread because someone may already be interested in him :goodvibes:

Frenchy June 23rd, 2007 09:33 PM

the last one is Sam (left) and Paco...kissing ? :eek:

Smiley14 June 23rd, 2007 09:35 PM

Ohhh, he's adorable!!!! That is AWESOME that someone may already be interested in him!!!!:thumbs up :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes: How many do you have in your household now? :eek: You're turning into Hazel! :laughing: Just kidding! :) That is SO cool!!!!! What a handsome boy!

susieqt June 23rd, 2007 09:36 PM

Wow, Frenchy, another senior Golden! How CAN someone get rid of their old dogs? Paco looks cute, I hope he finds his new family soon.
You really are a great person!

Frenchy June 23rd, 2007 09:43 PM

I only have 4 :laughing: I don't think I can handle 1 more, I always have 1 or 2 on meds or drops or ointment...

Suzieqt, almost all the goldens we get are olders. Guess people get tired of them :frustrated: And shelters only gives them to us (the rescue) when they are not adoptable (either sick,injured or older :sad: ) They are such wonderful dogs, that's why it's usually easy to find them nice new families who will love them for the rest of their life. :thumbs up

pags June 23rd, 2007 09:51 PM

how sweet!!

Grr.. I don't understand people at all sometimes. How could someone give up an older dog?? Do they really, really not understand how much they mean to their dog family??

Thank goodness there are folks like you to foster and find good homes, Frenchy!! HUGS.

Frenchy June 23rd, 2007 09:57 PM

[QUOTE=pags;443272]how sweet!!

How could someone give up an older dog?? [/QUOTE]

If only the owner just left him at the shelter, but no, she wanting him put down :frustrated: when they asked why she said he was sick. So they asked more questions and got her to say that he wasn't sick afterall , but she was moving :mad: So I guess they convinced her to not have Paco euthanize, and they call me to see if I would take him.

Rottielover June 23rd, 2007 09:59 PM

Awwwwwwwww Frenchy, he looks like such a sweetie....Is this the 10 year old that the owners did not want ???

Frenchy June 23rd, 2007 10:05 PM

[QUOTE=Rottielover;443278]Awwwwwwwww Frenchy, he looks like such a sweetie....Is this the 10 year old that the owners did not want ???[/QUOTE]

No , it's another one :cool: Crazy to see how many seniors we get.

Frenchy June 23rd, 2007 10:27 PM

Just received some pics from the friend who picked him up for me, she took some pics of him while she was here.

rainbow June 23rd, 2007 11:05 PM

He is such a handsome boy. :lovestruck: I will admit though that I have a hard time telling all your goldens apart. :o Good luck with the adoption. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Frenchy June 23rd, 2007 11:08 PM

[QUOTE=rainbow;443321] I will admit though that I have a hard time telling all your goldens apart. [/QUOTE]

I think he looks a lot like Otter's Molly and a bit like Daisy too . Julie the rescuer (the friend that picked him up) asked me how will I tell him apart from the others, but you just know when it's your dogs.

hazelrunpack June 23rd, 2007 11:11 PM

He looks like a grand old boy, Frenchy! :lovestruck: I hope he finds a wonderful home quickly. He deserves another break (the first one being finding "Frenchy the :angel:"). :thumbs up

angeldogs June 23rd, 2007 11:12 PM

The kissing one is sweet.:lovestruck:

clm June 23rd, 2007 11:14 PM

Sweet old soul. Imagine putting a dog down because you're moving, bad enough to want to part with a dog after that long let alone decide to end it's life. :frustrated:

Cindy

Frenchy June 23rd, 2007 11:19 PM

I know clm :sad: I think we are going to hear a lot about those this week. It's "Quebecers national moving day" on July 1. The leases are from July 1 and for one year so many many people move on July first, all the spca will get lots of unwanted pets this week. :sad: And they are already full capacity.

hazelrunpack June 23rd, 2007 11:20 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;443341]I know clm :sad: I think we are going to hear a lot about those this week. It's "Quebecers national moving day" on July 1. The leases are from July 1 and for one year so many many people move on July first, all the spca will get lots of unwanted pets this week. :sad: And they are already full capacity.[/QUOTE]

That's terrible. :sad: Sometimes people just suck...:frustrated:

rainbow June 23rd, 2007 11:28 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;443324]I think he looks a lot like Otter's Molly and a bit like Daisy too . Julie the rescuer (the friend that picked him up) asked me how will I tell him apart from the others, but you just know when it's your dogs.[/QUOTE]

I agree....it would be easier when you see them in person but it's a little harder in pictures. :o

rainbow June 23rd, 2007 11:29 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;443341]I know clm :sad: I think we are going to hear a lot about those this week. It's "Quebecers national moving day" on July 1. The leases are from July 1 and for one year so many many people move on July first, all the spca will get lots of unwanted pets this week. :sad: And they are already full capacity.[/QUOTE]

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

otter June 23rd, 2007 11:38 PM

The Ontario (well they call themselves Canadian) Golden rescue is often inundated with dogs once summer holidays start :eek: How could you give up a dog to go on vacation?????? I guess next weekend (Canada Day) is the start of the "dog days of summer". Good luck to all those poor doggies out there!:fingerscr that someone talks some sense into any owners out there thinking of giving up a dog in lieu of holidays!

So many places you can take dogs with you on vacation, why not plan to take them along?
I just don't get it.:shrug: :confused:

Paco is sooooooooooo lucky to have landed in :angel: Frenchy's hands. I know he's in good hands.

rainbow June 24th, 2007 01:23 AM

[QUOTE=otter;443363]The Ontario (well they call themselves Canadian) Golden rescue is often inundated with dogs once summer holidays start :eek: How could you give up a dog to go on vacation?????? I guess next weekend (Canada Day) is the start of the "dog days of summer". Good luck to all those poor doggies out there!:fingerscr that someone talks some sense into any owners out there thinking of giving up a dog in lieu of holidays!

So many places you can take dogs with you on vacation, why not plan to take them along?
I just don't get it.:shrug: :confused:

Paco is sooooooooooo lucky to have landed in :angel: Frenchy's hands. I know he's in good hands.[/QUOTE]

I certainly agree with you, Otter.

wdawson June 24th, 2007 08:59 AM

he looks like a real sweetheart......thank god there are rescue groups,i hate to think what the alternative is :eek:

JanM June 24th, 2007 10:41 AM

Thank goodness he came to you! He looks like a real sweetheart! Good luck with his adoption.

TMac June 24th, 2007 01:20 PM

A collective GRRRRRRRRR from all of us for those dumb-@sses who insist on dumping their dogs for all kinds of stupid reasons!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: If I ever found someone like that, oh what I would like to do to them.....!!! :evil:

Glad to hear you may already have someone interested in Paco, Frenchy. He looks like a sweet angel. What a happy face! I love the one of him kissing one of your other goldens (is it Sam?).

Thanks Frenchy, for taking care of these senior saints! Good luck Paco! :fingerscr

SableCollie June 24th, 2007 02:11 PM

Awww he looks sweet. And the one of them "kissing"! So cute!!! :lovestruck:

I'm glad he got rescued!!! Stupid people who would kill a dog like that!

Hunter's_owner June 24th, 2007 07:48 PM

Aww he is soooo handsome. Frenchy, you are an :angel:

Frenchy June 24th, 2007 08:46 PM

[QUOTE=TMac;443548]I love the one of him kissing one of your other goldens (is it Sam?).

[/QUOTE]

Yes it is Sam. And after 24 hours at my place , it's been confirm , Paco is an :angel: he is such an easy dog, cudly, follows me everywhere, tail always wagging. It would be very easy to fall in love with him (actually,I already am :p ) Thank dog I'm not Hazel :laughing:

hazelrunpack June 24th, 2007 10:18 PM

Are you doubting hazel's will-power, Frenchy? :frustrated: [SIZE="1"]Oh? What will-power is [I]that[/I] hazel? :laughing: [/SIZE]

Frenchy June 24th, 2007 10:19 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;443709]Are you doubting hazel's will-power, Frenchy? :frustrated: [SIZE="1"]Oh? What will-power is [I]that[/I] hazel? :laughing: [/SIZE][/QUOTE]

:rolleyes: Don't even go there :laughing:

Smiley14 June 24th, 2007 10:21 PM

So is Paco with the foster now? Any word on that possible adoption? Oh, I hope it works out! Poor baby deserves nothing but happiness. That is so sad about July 1st being a common desertion day for dogs. :sad: