Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet photography - Pet pictures (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Cuddles aka Puddles aka Tiddlebum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=73787)

luckypenny November 24th, 2010 09:54 PM

Cuddles aka Puddles aka Tiddlebum

1 Attachment(s)
Can you tell I haven't decided on a name yet :rolleyes:?

Right now, she's Cuddles because that's all she wants to spend her time doing :cloud9:. Cuddles is an 11 year Shih Tzu who was surrendered to a local shelter...pregnant and due within the next 2 weeks :wall: :(. After speaking with the director of our rescue (I so love that woman!), we brought her home on Sunday but, by Monday morning, I realized she wasn't feeling well. Rushed her to the vet hospital where she had x-rays and ultrasound, and put on IV. Fortunately, she's much better today and if all is ok tomorrow, she'll be returning home. Any signs of distress, or labor, and we'll be heading into the vet hospital immediately.

Please send all your good vibes and prayers her way so that she comes through this safe and sound.

Dee-O-Gee November 24th, 2010 10:11 PM

She looks so sweet and hope all goes well with Cuddle Puddle (name?) Are you going to foster her and the pups? Your such an :angel2:

Sending all my :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: and :pray::pray::pray::pray: your way LP.

luckypenny November 24th, 2010 10:23 PM

We'll be fostering her until she goes into labor. Once the pups are born, if there are any complications, they will all be in more specialized care. If all goes well, then they'll be returning here.

It's the girls at the shelter who sought help for her, and the rescue that are the angels, klm :) . I have the easiest part in all this...I get to love her up silly :cloud9:.

Dee-O-Gee November 24th, 2010 10:44 PM

The girls at the shelter and the rescue are :angel2:'s as well. They couldn't have been :angel2:'s if they didn't know an :angel2: :)

Besides which, all the :angel2:'s I know, know how to love it up so you're still an :angel2: :D

Hope all goes well. :fingerscr

Rgeurts November 24th, 2010 11:49 PM

Oh lp... what a sweet little face she has!!! Extremely kissable :flirt:
All my thoughts and prayers will be with her (and you, of course!!).
I still can't believe someone would purposely (or even accidentally) allow an 11 yr old dog to become pregnant. That poor little thing.

klm is right, you are truly an :angel2:

lotsa :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: , :pray::pray::pray::pray: and :grouphug:

Shaykeija November 25th, 2010 12:54 AM

Now that is a face i could cover with kisses....psttt you can aways bring her here for a visit....:cloud9:

TeriM November 25th, 2010 01:24 AM

What a beautiful face :lovestruck:.

I can't believe 11 years old and pregnant :eek: :(.

Tundra_Queen November 25th, 2010 05:52 AM

oh my dog LP! 11 Years? That is terrible...Oh the poor sweetie! Give her tons of kisses from me......I hope she will be ok and make it thru the pregnancy ok...the poor darling......:( I'm so glad u have her LP. How far along is she in her pregnancy?

Love4himies November 25th, 2010 07:47 AM

Holy crap, 11 and pregnant :wall::wall::wall:. What are people thinking :loser:. Well she is in good hands now. :angel: :grouphug:

Puddles, hehehehe, love that name. We named Puddles because it looked like she walked in mud puddles due to her pointed colouring.

chico2 November 25th, 2010 08:25 AM

LP,that poor little sweet girl:(but her luck has turned,now hopefully she'll be strong enough to get through this ordeal:pray:

Marty11 November 25th, 2010 08:39 AM

I am sending my prayers that all goes well in this pregnancy! :pray: Who could possibly let that happen at 11! Why was she not spayed! How many litters did this poor girl have? :wall:

14+kitties November 25th, 2010 09:24 AM

Adding my prayers to her safe delivery. You mf, are absolutely fantastic for taking her in. But then I didn't expect anything less of you once I read about her. :cloud9: :grouphug:
Just curious - did she not come with a name she is used to? :shrug:

diandpat November 25th, 2010 10:46 AM

Oh this poor sweet soul...she is finally being looked after. Hope it is not anything serious and she can come back to your heavenly abode soon :cloud9:

And though I agree about the angels at the shelter who wanted to give her a chance and the rescue angels stepping in also know that the call for a foster was made over a number of days and YOU were the angel with your plate already full who stepped up :angel2::angel2::angel2:

I sincerely hope she and all her pups pull through and go on to lead happy loving lives :goodvibes::goodvibes:

Dog Dancer November 25th, 2010 11:26 AM

She's so sweet. Praying that she's okay and makes it through this ordeal in good shape. I'd like to get my hands on the neck of the person who allowed this to happen to her and then dumped her! :frustrated: I cannot say what I'd like to say here, but I will say bless you for taking her in and giving her the love she so deserves. I agree with the others, you are an :angel2:

Chris21711 November 25th, 2010 11:42 AM

I'd stick with Cuddles LP....just the name gives her warmth and a feeling of being protected and loved :cloud9:

Bless you and your cohorts once again :grouphug:

onster November 25th, 2010 04:32 PM

I like cuddles :lovestruck:

The poor sweetie, you are just so amazing LP, words can't even begin to describe the wonderful person you are.

Lots of prayers and good vibes for an uncomplicated delivery :fingerscr

luckypenny November 25th, 2010 07:15 PM

She's home :goodvibes:. What a big difference, she's feeling much, much better :highfive:.

I now have an idea of what it was like for dh to wait on me hand and foot towards the end of my pregnancy :D. The little princess made it clear she much prefers her own bedroom suite (she's taken up residence in my older son's room) and I'm in the process of taking notes on her preferred menu plans :rolleyes:. She prefers to eat off a plate and not from a bowl, has rejected all dog food, and has a preference for chicken...warmed up of course. Tomorrow we try ground turkey and sweet potatoes. She refuses tap water but laps up bottled water....slightly warmed as well. The little bugger is going to keep me on my toes, that's for sure :laughing:.

[QUOTE=Tundra_Queen;967894] How far along is she in her pregnancy?[/QUOTE]

She's due in approximately 9 days.

[QUOTE=14+kitties;967912]Just curious - did she not come with a name she is used to? :shrug:[/QUOTE]

She doesn't respond to it at all. She's from a home where she lived with 20 other dogs so I don't imagine she was taught her name.

Chris21711 November 25th, 2010 07:21 PM

[QUOTE=luckypenny;968038]

The little bugger is going to keep me on my toes, that's for sure :laughing:.

[/QUOTE]

[I]I hope DH is taking notes on how it's done [/I]:laughing:

luckypenny November 25th, 2010 07:22 PM

:laughing: :laughing:

Shaykeija November 25th, 2010 07:23 PM

Welcome to the world of spoiled Tzu's :D:D Enjoy this baby,she is a love sponge right now. lol

luckypenny November 25th, 2010 07:26 PM

Is that really typical of most Shih Tzus, Shaykeija? I had heard that before. I would think she'd be ravenous but completely turns up her nose with most food offered to her. Our guys are certainly enjoying the leftovers though :D.

Shaykeija November 25th, 2010 07:39 PM

Well Lady Tyra is a piggy, she will eat anything. LOL Sir Quincy on the other hand,,,,warmed food, no left overs, only likes jasmine rice, white chicken, no dark, rare roast beef..lol

hazelrunpack November 25th, 2010 10:29 PM

Do you know how many pups she's carrying, LP? Poor dear--I hope it all goes smoothly for her! :goodvibes: I'm sure she's enjoying her stay at Auntie LP's :angel: :D

luckypenny November 26th, 2010 12:36 AM

X-rays showed at least 5 pups, Hazel. I've done a lot of reading these last few days and I'm a little nervous for her :o.

Late night dinner was a hit! She even had seconds so I guess my cooking isn't that bad after all :D.

TeriM November 26th, 2010 12:43 AM

Five pups :eek:. That's a big litter for a little dog :(.

Tundra_Queen November 26th, 2010 03:41 AM

LP...I hope she won't need a C section.

chico2 November 26th, 2010 09:43 AM

LP,I guess at 11 and pregnant,having lived like she did,she deserves to be a Diva and you are just the right person to give it to her:grouphug:

Rgeurts November 26th, 2010 10:30 AM

[QUOTE=luckypenny;968042]Is that really typical of most Shih Tzus, Shaykeija? I had heard that before. I would think she'd be ravenous but completely turns up her nose with most food offered to her. Our guys are certainly enjoying the leftovers though :D.[/QUOTE]

My sister has 3, and they're ALL divas!! Even the male :o (he's probably the biggest!)

But for such little babies they have HUGE personalities!! I prefer large dogs, but Shih Tzus get to me. How can you not love those big, beautiful eyes and that soft hair :D :lovestruck:

BenMax November 26th, 2010 12:50 PM

LP I heard about this dog...and I heard that the rescue you are affiliated with took her thankfully.
My thoughts and prayers with her.:pray:. Others I heard also went into a great rescue in Ontario.:thumbs up

14+kitties November 27th, 2010 12:20 AM

[QUOTE=luckypenny;968038]She doesn't respond to it at all. She's from a home where she lived with 20 other dogs so I don't imagine she was taught her name.[/QUOTE]

Thanks LP. Didn't know she was in that type of environment. :o
Will keep my fingers crossed and send out lots of prayers that things go well for her. Little munchkin. :pray: