Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself here - Say hello (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hi! (From Montreal) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=58047)

ILoveOnyx November 6th, 2008 10:46 AM

Hi! (From Montreal)

1 Attachment(s)
Hi guys! I came across this site when I was trying to find out some tricks and tips from others on how to make my dog heel. I have only one special munchkin in my life, and his name is Onyx, born on August 16th 2007, he's an American Pit Bull Terrier & Labrador mix.

There's a whole bunch of threads in here against the ban on Pit Bulls and Pit Bull crossbreeds, I'm happy to have find out that I'm not alone! I'm in the midst of searching for a condo or apartment around Montreal and it seems like NOBODY accepts dogs, let alone a Pit mix.

Anyway, I've posted one of my favorite photos of him. I look forward to reading more interesting threads on this site! Take care guys.

KarenC November 6th, 2008 10:54 AM

Welcome! I am about 45 minutes from Montreal but there every day for work. Onyx is GORGEOUS!! I feel so sad for all the Pits out there :( My sister had a Pit for 10 years (in Victoria) she had to have her put down last year but she was an awesome awesome dog!

Mat&Murph November 6th, 2008 10:57 AM

Welcome!!! Your boy is beatiful!!!! Don't let the ban get you down. No bad dogs just bad owners!!!!! What a shame so many jerks have ruined the pitbulls/pitbull mix for the good dog owners. Welcome to Pets!!!:pawprint:

BenMax November 6th, 2008 11:53 AM

Welcome to the forum - in regards to looking for a condo - are you looking to purchase. I live in Brossard and there are condos for sale there - and animal friendly (there are pitties, staffies and Xpitties there as well). Infact there is one that must be occupied quickly.

Good luck.

Rottielover November 6th, 2008 12:53 PM

depends where you are looking, if west island, I have a place, PM me if you like

14+kitties November 6th, 2008 01:00 PM

Welcome to Pets. Onyx is beautiful!!

hazelrunpack November 6th, 2008 02:08 PM

Onyx is absolutely gorgeous! :flirt:

Welcome to the board and I hope you find a place soon! :goodvibes:

totallyhip November 6th, 2008 02:42 PM

Welcome!! Onyx is lovely :thumbs up

ILoveOnyx November 6th, 2008 03:30 PM

[QUOTE=BenMax;689386]Welcome to the forum - in regards to looking for a condo - are you looking to purchase. I live in Brossard and there are condos for sale there - and animal friendly (there are pitties, staffies and Xpitties there as well). Infact there is one that must be occupied quickly.

Good luck.[/QUOTE]

I'm not quite sure yet if we are looking to buy. Where abouts is it in Brossard?

ILoveOnyx November 6th, 2008 03:31 PM

Thank you all for welcoming me with open arms!

BenMax November 6th, 2008 03:36 PM

[QUOTE=ILoveOnyx;689528]I'm not quite sure yet if we are looking to buy. Where abouts is it in Brossard?[/QUOTE]

The 'R' section just off of the 132. There is a condo for sale just under me that has to be gone soon as the guy has an immediate occupancy and no one is presently living there. They are new condos (2004) and you could probably get it for 145,000$. It is about 900 sq ft and it is really quite nice. Just to let you know - there is a dog exactly like yours within the same complex. Condo fees are 95.00$ per month. Or maybe you can rent it???

Brossard also has a dog park and there is no pittie ban here, also there is another dog park in St-Lambert which is just 5 minutes away.

Anyways -food for thought.

pitgrrl November 6th, 2008 04:15 PM

Onyx is beautiful !

Tundra_Queen November 6th, 2008 05:48 PM

Hi Welcome to the Forum!!

Onyx is a beautiful dog!

Debbie

mollywog November 6th, 2008 05:54 PM

hi and welcome! What a beautiful boy you have!
I am sure you will find lots of helpful information here (and maybe even a place to live!? ;) )

poodletalk November 6th, 2008 07:51 PM

If you look in Nun's Island, there's no problems with pitbulls. Actually, I met a man who has a pitbull and a lab who lives in NDG and looking to move out of there ASAP because of the pitbull ban and probably moving to the island.

Brossard is also another good area.

ILoveOnyx November 6th, 2008 08:16 PM

[QUOTE=poodletalk;689736]If you look in Nun's Island, there's no problems with pitbulls. Actually, I met a man who has a pitbull and a lab who lives in NDG and looking to move out of there ASAP because of the pitbull ban and probably moving to the island.

Brossard is also another good area.[/QUOTE]

How sad for us Pitbull & Pitbull mixes, being forced out of where we live so comfortably to accommodate an ignorant belief of a breed's possible capabilities.

If people took a minute to even get to know Onyx, they'll know that he is terrified of cats and small dogs.

This apartment/condo searching is becoming a pain in my a**.

zomo November 6th, 2008 09:12 PM

Hi and welcome from Zoe Melvin and I :) I live just outside of Montreal in Blainville come live in the burbs we have a train that travels into the city. You could own your own house and no probs with the snobs that won't allow pittie mixes. :D

ILoveOnyx November 6th, 2008 09:25 PM

[QUOTE=zomo;689803]Hi and welcome from Zoe Melvin and I :) I live just outside of Montreal in Blainville come live in the burbs we have a train that travels into the city. You could own your own house and no probs with the snobs that won't allow pittie mixes. :D[/QUOTE]

Oh man! That's exactly the area I was looking for! I was looking at condos and apartments around Deux-Montagnes, St-Eustache and Boisbriand. I know Blainville is a little further, but as long as the train's there it's fine. Is it the train that runs through from Deux-Montagnes? Or the one at St-Jerome?

Frenchy November 6th, 2008 09:45 PM

Onyx is adorable ! Welcome to pets.ca and good luck with your search for a new place ! :fingerscr

ILoveOnyx November 10th, 2008 09:49 AM

[QUOTE=poodletalk;689736]If you look in Nun's Island, there's no problems with pitbulls. Actually, I met a man who has a pitbull and a lab who lives in NDG and looking to move out of there ASAP because of the pitbull ban and probably moving to the island.

Brossard is also another good area.[/QUOTE]

Yea I'm thinking of heading to that direction now, at first I was looking at places like Deux-Montagnes and Boisbriand, which is totally the oppposite direction. But I heard that south shore is more welcoming to pits.

Gatsu November 11th, 2008 01:11 PM

ddo has no ban on pitbulls

the only places on the island i KNOW of that dont allow "pitbulls" (mind you 90% of the people don't know what a pitbull actually looks liek or should look like....its quite pathetic ) is lachine and pierrefonds....

ILoveOnyx November 11th, 2008 09:31 PM

[QUOTE=Gatsu;692326]ddo has no ban on pitbulls

the only places on the island i KNOW of that dont allow "pitbulls" (mind you 90% of the people don't know what a pitbull actually looks liek or should look like....its quite pathetic ) is lachine and pierrefonds....[/QUOTE]

Yea I know about Lachine, I don't like it there, too much spiders. And yea I know what you mean, I just tell people Onyx is a Lab mix, I don't bother with the Pit anymore. And they usually say "The other half looks like a boxer!" I'm just like yeaaaaaaa... idiots.