Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Feeding raw food to dogs & cats - B.A.R.F - RMB - Homecooked diet (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Raw resources in Winnipeg Manitoba (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=68618)

Mastiff-Fancier February 22nd, 2010 11:59 PM

Raw resources in Winnipeg Manitoba

Hello All,

I'm new to pets.ca and hope I'm posting in the correct area. I'm thinking of feeding my next dog raw and am looking for suppliers in and around Winnipeg Manitoba. I know of Dunrite for chicken but that's about it.

Can anyone tell me about Birkolene B? I found a raw distributor, Baldwin feeds, there prices are good but they us Birkolene B on their product.

Thank You,

Sean

luckypenny February 23rd, 2010 06:27 PM

Welcome to pets.ca Sean :). You may want to look for raw feeding yahoo groups in your area for suppliers. You can also look for distributors in the yellow pages. Some will sell at wholesale prices to the public if purchases are made in bulk. Good luck!

Dracko February 23rd, 2010 09:17 PM

Check out these suppliers of Urban Carnivore:

It's Raining Cats & Dogs
620B Academy Road
Winnipeg, MB

Pet Value Lagimodiere
35 - 3 Reenders Dr.
Winnipeg, MB

The Polka Dot Dog
160 St. Anne's Road
Winnipeg, MB

smithkris September 29th, 2010 09:08 PM

Hey Sean,

Just curious if you've found anything worth noting in Winnipeg for wholesale meat? I had no idea about Baldwin Feeds and the denaturing agent Birkolene B... I've never heard of that until you mentioned it. Baldwin feeds is what I've been using but after being at the warehouse and now hearing this, I will avoid it if I can.

Thanks
K

Angelwing February 24th, 2011 05:35 PM

[QUOTE=Dracko;888433]

The Polka Dot Dog
160 St. Anne's Road
Winnipeg, MB
204.254.0369[/QUOTE]

Polka Dot Dog hasn't been around for over a year and a half.

I would also be interested in knowing where people get their meat in Winnipeg.

carlas May 2nd, 2011 07:22 PM

Canvasback Pet Supplies is 10mins north of Winnipeg and carries Urban Carnivore, Mountain dog raw food, Perfectly Raw and dehydrated raw. [url]www.canvasbackpets.com[/url] 204-757-2701 they will also ship. Discounts for bulk purchases.

alpha March 19th, 2013 04:10 PM

K-9 Choice Raw food

Bits & Bites Pet Station on Mcphillips sells K-9 choice raw foods.
The meat is all naturally raised free range. The food is all tripple ground, mixed with raw bones, garlic,carrots, celery...etc, then flash frozen.
The choices are Chicken, Beef, Buffalo, LLama, as well as raw bones, tripe, pancreas, heart....... Lots of choices for which ever protein is best for your dog, or if your's are like mine, we get the assorment allowing for each type of protein.
There is no mess, my guys love the frozen blocks. Cant tell you how crazy they are for the tripe. As far as cost, I was buying top quality kibble, and the raw is really not that much more. They are healthier, and a heck of a lot happier.

Check out the website for yourself. [url]www.k9choicefoods.com[/url]

Jeff McFarlane October 21st, 2013 05:01 PM

Birkolene B was never added by Baldwin feeds, CFIA used to make all meat producers like Grannies add it to the top layer of batches of ingredient to "mark" the product as "not for human use". That process was discontinued by CFIA about the time Baldwin started the Perfectly Raw brand.

Now, the product is marked with food grade food coloring at Grannies, sprayed on the top layer of product in the bins. That top layer was never used for pet food, it is removed and used in their other products, so even when CFIA made Grannies is Birkolene B, it would not have been on the pet food product.

Regardless, you have no worries now about using the product, it is as safe as safe can be.

You can get it at: