Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce yourself here - Say hello (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Hi from CT (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=60799)

meow February 15th, 2009 11:08 PM

Hi from CT

Hi,

I am a cat owner from CT. I recently had a horrible experience at a vet and my cat's teeth were removed. After the fact I found out this "vet" is misrepresenting himself in 2 states (CT and NY) and gave her a diagnosis he never substantiated through testing. I have had over 6 other vets review her xrays and they all said what was done to my girl was "extreme." It took me 6 weeks, a subponea and a visit to his office with 2 police officers to get her medical records. I almost threw up when I read them. IMO, this man does not need to be in business working with animals! :evil:Needless to say I have reported this vet and pray for justice for my kitty. I had a happy girl until this happpened. Some days she looks like she will pull through and other days she looks like she is giving up. She is on a feeding tube and has pancreatitis and ARF. She won't eat and refuses all canned and pouched food. she tries to eat dru kibble but only gets about 4 pieces down.

If anyone finds a semi-moist food let me know b/c this is what she needs! :cat:

I love my girl with all my heart :lovestruck: and will hang in there with her unless she tells me it is time to stop. She is my best friend in this world and a sweet and loving soul. :lovestruck::angel::lovestruck::angel: Please pray for Simba :pray::pray: Thank you.

(L)PETS February 15th, 2009 11:24 PM

A suggestion until you find what ur looking for is to add water. For my old stray cat. Who had a hard time eatting we added water to wet food and mixed it. And for dry well if you let it soak in water it goes like a sponge. I'm not a vet but you could consider it. It was very help full for us.

Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about your cat I hope it all works out.

hazelrunpack February 15th, 2009 11:24 PM

Welcome to the board, meow! I've been following Simba's thread and you have all the prayers and :goodvibes: we can send for her complete recovery!

meow February 16th, 2009 07:09 PM

[QUOTE=(L)PETS;748272]A suggestion until you find what ur looking for is to add water. For my old stray cat. Who had a hard time eatting we added water to wet food and mixed it. And for dry well if you let it soak in water it goes like a sponge. I'm not a vet but you could consider it. It was very help full for us.

Good luck and I'm sorry to hear about your cat I hope it all works out.[/QUOTE]thanks tried it already. she won't eat it

meow February 16th, 2009 07:10 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;748273]Welcome to the board, meow! I've been following Simba's thread and you have all the prayers and :goodvibes: we can send for her complete recovery![/QUOTE]
thank you hazel!:cat: