Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   after 6 painful months.... (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=71398)

cpietra16 July 9th, 2010 07:50 PM

after 6 painful months....

3 Attachment(s)
Tigger has finally been caught, shaved and released....before picture and after picture.

Love4himies July 9th, 2010 07:53 PM

And Tiger is looking much, much happier :thumbs up :lovestruck: :cloud9:

CsqU4r3d July 9th, 2010 07:59 PM

And at this time of year I bet that lion cut is much more comfortable...not to mention cute as heck!

cpietra16 July 9th, 2010 08:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
and more pictures...unfortunately when they finally shaved her, they found lumps (tumors)which they believe are linked to the mammary glands. it may be cancer, or benign...they told me its not a panic...:shrug: She is happy right now and at this stage, the vet told me that not much can really be done...I'm still trying to wrap my brain around this...I will let you know how it goes.

[url]http://maxshouse.com/feline_mammary_tumors.htm[/url]

michmonster July 9th, 2010 09:29 PM

Where are the tumors on her body?

cpietra16 July 9th, 2010 09:41 PM

underneath...if you look at the link above, by the time they feel them, the cancer has already touched other organs....at least according to the vet and if they are indeed cancerous...either way, I will just wait and see. Chemo will not really help at this stage ( according to the vet) and I really can not afford to put her thru this both financially and emotionally.:(

I will keep positive and hope that they are completely wrong.

14+kitties July 9th, 2010 10:09 PM

What a sweetie. Will keep my fingers crossed mf. :grouphug:

hazelrunpack July 9th, 2010 10:36 PM

She is looking much more comfy, cpietra!

I hope the lumps are benign :goodvibes: :grouphug:

TeriM July 10th, 2010 12:27 AM

I love her new haircut :lovestruck:. I bet she feels so much better and hopefully the lumps are not serious :goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes:.

Tundra_Queen July 10th, 2010 12:55 AM

Boy was she ever matted!! It must of been painful for her. I'm glad u were finally able to catch her. She looks like a different cat now. :D

I hope the tumours are not malignant and she will be ok. :grouphug:

Goldfields July 10th, 2010 03:03 AM

It's a beautiful cat and I agree the lion cut is super cute as well as practical. Is she a stray? I have missed the story about her. Sad that she has the tumours but you should not feel bad about what you can't do when the vet is saying not to anyway. By not interfering it may actually give her more time, not less.

cpietra16 July 10th, 2010 07:35 AM

[QUOTE=Goldfields;935900]It's a beautiful cat and I agree the lion cut is super cute as well as practical. Is she a stray? I have missed the story about her. Sad that she has the tumours but you should not feel bad about what you can't do when the vet is saying not to anyway. By not interfering it may actually give her more time, not less.[/QUOTE]

its a long story, but yes, both Tigger and Charlie were homeless in Montreal fed by Catsnatcher....the story is below...she was a beautiful cat...sort of feel guilty for bot being able to coax her up from the basement, but she just kept going back....:shrug:

[url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=22747&highlight=homeless+winter[/url]

Winston July 10th, 2010 07:56 AM

CPietra she is beautiful! Dont feel bad about where she lives...she has a loving home in which she receives food & medical care and love...she doesnt have to fend for herself or try to stay alive...and thats alot to be thankful for!

I have a friend with a kitty that had issues with mammory glands / cancer and she lived for quite awhile with it without any really bad effects. :grouphug: mf..

Goldfields July 10th, 2010 10:13 AM

[QUOTE=cpietra16;935909]its a long story, but yes, both Tigger and Charlie were homeless in Montreal fed by Catsnatcher....the story is below...she was a beautiful cat...sort of feel guilty for bot being able to coax her up from the basement, but she just kept going back....:shrug:

[url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=22747&highlight=homeless+winter[/url][/QUOTE]

I started reading this but it's very late, and I have to be up early because a farmer friend is coming to help me finish a fence I've been working on in one of the sheep paddocks. When I am glad of a rest tomorrow I'll go back to the link though. I must say I feel very sorry for any animal outside in your Winter, she's a lucky cat that she has shelter now.

eturner July 13th, 2010 10:20 AM

You can just imagine the relief that she feels after being freed from those aweful mats, kudo's to you for giving this kitty the attention deserved!!

cpietra16 May 22nd, 2015 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My little Tigger has finally crossed the bridge at 4:54 today. She was given a few months to live....3 years ago- I guess she had other plans. In March she lost a lot more weight and was on sub -Q liquids and was given a few days...well she had other plans. She finally decided to give up..enough poking and mushy food....RIP little one. YOu will always be my little Tigger. I wish I knew how old she was. Here is a picture of her little buddy. We never knew if Charlie was a brother or a son...but at the end..he was near her side.

hazelrunpack May 22nd, 2015 07:34 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss, cpietra :grouphug:

What a fighter she was! And so lucky for her that she came to you. Another sweet soul waiting for you at the Bridge. :candle:

How is Charlie doing?

Longblades May 23rd, 2015 07:01 AM

I'm sorry. R.I.P. Tigger.

Barkingdog May 23rd, 2015 11:22 AM

:rip: Tigger I am so sorry for your lost and Tigger was so lucky you came into her life.

marko May 24th, 2015 07:07 PM

pleaase accept my deepest condolences cpietra16 :sorry:

:rip: sweet tigger.

sincerely -marko

Love4himies May 25th, 2015 09:47 AM

I am so sorry to hear about Tiger, cpietra :grouphug:

Lynne&Co. May 25th, 2015 10:48 PM

So sorry for your loss. :rip: Sweet Tigger

cpietra16 May 26th, 2015 06:47 PM

Thank you for your kind words. It is never easy to lose one, isn't it...:cry:

Blueheeler November 17th, 2015 10:08 AM

Very sorry, it is always tough.