Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Best cat fighting breed ?? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=44122)

ChessGator August 29th, 2007 02:19 AM

Best cat fighting breed ??

Hi,

I live in a neighbourhood with a lot of cats. My previous cat use to get beat up a lot, so I worried about him and had to get up in the middle of the night to rescue him. :eek:

Can you recommend a breed of cat that is best able to defend itself against other cats, so I don't have to worry so much !? :confused: :shrug: i.e. what is the pitbull breed amongst domestic cats ? :thumbs up

badger August 29th, 2007 02:37 AM

The best thing you can do to protect your cat is:
1) have your cat neutered (or spayed)
2) keep it inside unless you are there to supervise, and always at night
To even consider a pet as some kind of 'superior fighter' - no such breed, by the way, unless you are thinking of adopting a tiger - is pretty warped. Even a cat who 'wins' is likely to come away with wounds, leading to infections and other nasty and expensive consequences. Not to mention the effect on its personality.
Get a grip.

ChessGator August 29th, 2007 02:39 AM

[QUOTE=badger;470605]The best thing you can do to protect your cat is:
1) have your cat neutered (or spayed)
2) keep it inside unless you are there to supervise, and always at night
To even consider a pet as some kind of 'superior fighter' - no such breed, by the way, unless you are thinking of adopting a tiger - is pretty warped. Even a cat who 'wins' is likely to come away with wounds, leading to infections and other nasty and expensive consequences. Not to mention the effect on its personality.
Get a grip.[/QUOTE]

1) Wrong, my last cat was neutered and he still got in fights.
2) I do not want an inside cat
3) I said domestic cat

Thanks anyway :cat:

rainbow August 29th, 2007 03:04 AM

WHY do you even want a cat???? :eek: :confused: :rolleyes:

glitterless August 29th, 2007 03:13 AM

Uhh.. Troll?

rainbow August 29th, 2007 03:19 AM

Think so. :rolleyes:

ChessGator August 29th, 2007 04:36 AM

Hi,

Sorry to get off to a bad start with you people, I know it is an unusual question, but I tried a search on Google and nothing came up, :wall: so I thought I would try at a forum on cats. I am not trolling. :grouphug:

Thank you

Bluedrake August 29th, 2007 04:52 AM

Chess, I think they are wondering why you would want a cat if you are just going to keep him outside all the time.

There are plenty of feral cats you can feed, if that is all you will do with it. And make no mistake, a cat kept outside all the time will eventually turn feral.

happycats August 29th, 2007 06:02 AM

Since you live in a neighbourhood with a lot of cats, why don't you adopt one of them? You already know which ones get beat up and which don't.

Getting a cat just to keep it outside, when there are already "a lot" of them out there, makes no sense.

clm August 29th, 2007 06:32 AM

I don't understand why you are so against having an indoor cat. They live longer, you don't have to worry about where they are and they don't get into fights.
I don't think you should bother getting another cat, based on your post of wanting to know what the pit bull of the cat world is, you're not responsible enough to own one.

Cindy

Love4himies August 29th, 2007 06:33 AM

Sorry, have had cats all my life and have had only one cat that was a fighter who could win. He was semi-feral when he chose us as his servants and provider, tried neutering but still acted as an un-neutered. Maybe one of the feral cats in your neighbourhood will choose you.

After that one, all my cats have been loved as family, meaning only outside when supervised.

If you are "worried" about your cat getting cat beat up, then keep it indoors to protect it. You are not doing your cat any favours by allowing it outside at night.

Why do you want a cat if you don't want it as a pet or take proper care of it? What are you planning to do with your current cat if you do get another one who is a "fighter"? Keep it outside so it will continue to get beaten up. Are you ready for the vet bills of abcesses and infections on your fighter cat?

Don't get another cat if you don't want to take care of it properly.

joeysmama August 29th, 2007 07:06 AM

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that you get a cat with an aggressive personality and good fighting abilities. Tell me how much that's going to help him when he tangles with a larger species. I live in a very populated suburb and we still have coyotes and foxes and bears. I've seen a coyote run off with a cat in it's mouth.

And you could give your cat a gun and teach it to shoot and it could still get run over by a car. (Okay--it probably won't learn to shoot--opposable thumb problem and all that...but you know what I mean.)

And even if you had a cat that could defend itself, we all know stories of people who are big and bad until someone bigger and badder comes along. And there's always [i]someone[/i] bigger and badder.

The best way to protect your cat is to do it yourself. It's not the cats job.

For outdoors I would suggest some pretty lawn ornaments. :D Kitties are for the inside. :cat:

krdahmer August 29th, 2007 10:10 AM

:frustrated: :wall:

Love4himies August 29th, 2007 10:15 AM

I just read your post more closely. What happened to your previous cat????

rainbow August 29th, 2007 11:40 AM

Something tells me we don't want to know the answer.

mummummum August 29th, 2007 11:48 AM

I almost replied and then I remembered ~ [I][B][COLOR="Red"]It is August afterall[/COLOR][/B][/I]. Gosh, I'll be glad for September !

Shaykeija August 29th, 2007 01:55 PM

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: just when I needed that loser one.

Frenchy August 29th, 2007 09:00 PM

[QUOTE=Shaykeija;470821]:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: just when I needed that loser one.[/QUOTE]

Here you go

:loser:

Jim Hall August 29th, 2007 09:09 PM

so I worried about him and had to get up in the middle of the night to rescue him. ":clown:

lmao first how did you know he phone home or something?

And I would have gotten up exactly once to rescue an outside cat
is kittty is stupid enough not to run back home well it's his/her problem

BTW i have had ouside cats they didnt turn feral and one was actully quite a love bug But she knew enough to run away. and didnt stray far.

Frenchy August 29th, 2007 09:14 PM

[QUOTE=Jim Hall;471092]
BTW i have had ouside cats they didnt turn feral and one was actully quite a love bug But she knew enough to run away. and didnt stray far.[/QUOTE]

Yep , the 2 cats I adopted were outside , homeless cats from the city. They both are lovebugs. And both inside cats now. Never ask to go outside so I guess they don't miss it.

jazmine April 15th, 2016 05:25 AM

Hi
I just googled most aggressive breed of cat and came across this post.
I have the same problem my cat gets beaten up everytime my cat goes outside. She is a Ragdoll and I have got a cat door that opens for her microchip. She stays inside and only goes outside to go to the toilet but it is frustrating as would be nice for her to go for a stroll....

Love4himies April 22nd, 2016 10:26 AM

Ragdolls should NOT be let outside alone. They are bred for their lack of "aggressive" gene and are therefore very submissive and will generally NOT fight back to protect themselves. Allowing your cat to go outside where you know she will be beat up is cruel, negligent and abusive. If you truly love your cat, please get rid of the kitty door and train her to use a litter box and only allow her outside when you can supervise her.

I have a ragdoll and I can tell you the stress that he goes through when even one of my cats gave him a stare down.

Barkingdog April 22nd, 2016 03:46 PM

This is an old thread started in August 2007 .