Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Dog food forum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   TLC Pet Foods (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=83818)

Dog Dancer April 17th, 2013 10:32 AM

TLC Pet Foods

Has anybody heard of this company? Lupa's breeder uses the TLC dog food, it's one life stage, so no puppy formula. She says it's good because it doesn't cause them to grow too fast, which can cause problems.

They use a processing plant called Elmira Pet Products in Elmira, Ontario. They have a distribution centre near me in Vancouver (Burnaby actually) so it would be free shipping if I ordered it on-line.

Any opinions? I'll see if I can go grab their content list and post it.

Dog Dancer April 17th, 2013 10:37 AM

TLC Whole Life Dog Food Ingredients:
Lamb Meal, Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Whole Grain Barley, Whole Brown Rice, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols, a Natural Source of Vitamin E), Potato, Chicken, Salmon Meal, Chicken Liver, Salmon Oil (Natural Source of DHA), Calcium Carbonate, Flaxseed, Whole Dried Egg, Potassium Chloride, Cultured Yeast, Kelp, Lecithin, Apple, Tomato, Chicory Root Extract, Mannan-oligosaccharides, Choline Chloride, Vitamins, Vitamin A, Vitamin D3, Vitamin E, Niacin, Vitamin C , Inositol, D-Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Beta Carotene, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Vitamin K, Biotin, Vitamin B12, Minerals, Zinc Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Proteinate , Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Calcium Iodate, Selenium, Taurine, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Probiotics, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Casei, Enterococcus Faecium, Bifidobacterium Thermophilum, L-carnitine, Chondroitin Sulphate, Thyme, Cassia, Anise, Chamomile, Horseradish, Juniper, Ginger, Rosemary Extract

Guaranteed Analysis %

Crude Protein (min) 26.0%
Crude Fat (min) 16.0%
Crude Fiber (max) 5.0%
Ash (max) 10.0%
Moisture (max) 10.0%
Calcium (min) 1.8%
Phosphorus (min) 0.9%
Copper (min) 14 mg/kg
Zinc (min) 180 mg/kg
Vitamin A (min) 12,000 IU/kg
Vitamin D3 (min) 1,300 IU/kg
Vitamin E (min) 150 IU/kg
Vitamin B6 (min) 5 mg/kg
* L-carnitine (min) 100 mg/kg
* Omega-3 (min) 0.4%
* Omega-6 (min) 3.0%
* Glucosamine (min) 300 mg/kg
* Chondroitin (min) 100 mg/kg

Winston April 17th, 2013 11:04 AM

DD there is a thread on this company here on pets.ca

[url]http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=56711[/url]

Cindy

Dog Dancer April 17th, 2013 03:15 PM

Thanks Winston, I read that thread through, it sounds okay. I was not aware the breeder would get a kick back though, not that I mind, I love my breeder. Most of her pups from the litter Lupa came from are on it still. I guess on the order site they may ask where we got her, if so I'll tell them.

snbd9 April 19th, 2013 05:04 PM

DD,

I have a 1 year old Lab and we have had her on TLC for the past seven months. We have had absolutly no problems. She appears to enjoy the food. We had her previously on Blue Buffalo however, her stools were VERY,VERY wet. We talked to the breeder and she recommended swithcing to TLC and since then, we have not had a problem. You are right, the breeders do get a kick back but, like you, I have no problem with this as long as the food is good. One of the things I like best is the free delivery, right to the doorstep.

Cheers.

Dog Dancer April 22nd, 2013 03:14 PM

Thanks for the good words there snbd9. I think I may order a bag and see what happens.

snbd9 April 23rd, 2013 02:08 PM

DD,

Talk to your breeder. If they use TLC, then they may be able to give you a referral number that may get you a one time discount. The breeder we used gave us a number and we were able to get a discount on our first order.

Cheers