Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Two more go in on Sunday. (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=64855)

14+kitties August 13th, 2009 07:14 PM

Two more go in on Sunday.

Orbit, the second black cat; and Benni, the pregnant mom; go on Sunday to get fixed. I am praying Benni is not too far along for them to fix. Kittens are not something I want to deal with right now. Although I would if necessary. Orbit has turned into a snugglebum. :cloud9: I pick him up and he just sort of melts into me. He will make someone a great kitty if I can get him adopted. But my criteria is something like L4H's. :rolleyes:
I need to find a spot for Snoopy, the kitten, for a few days so mom can recover. I have run out of spots. Wonder if DH would notice a small white/black tabby boy in the house????? :D

Chaser August 13th, 2009 07:19 PM

Yikes! :fingerscr that Benni can be spayed.

Orbit looks like such a sweetheart :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack August 13th, 2009 07:31 PM

Oribit rings a bell, but I'm drawing a blank on Benni... :o I don't remember Benni at all! :confused: Sigh...senility....[I]early[/I] senility, of course, cuz only madame hazel is [I]really[/I] old :o :laughing:

Good luck to both of them Sunday! :goodvibes:

Sylvie August 13th, 2009 07:36 PM

Wonder if DH would notice a small white/black tabby boy in the house?????

Mmm 14+, have you checked out the catery for comfort, you may find yourself out there :laughing::laughing:

Snoopy is so adorable, don't see how he could object to one more. LOL

14+kitties August 13th, 2009 07:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[QUOTE=Sylvie;813718]Wonder if DH would notice a small white/black tabby boy in the house?????

Mmm 14+, have you checked out the catery for comfort, you may find yourself out there :laughing::laughing:

Snoopy is so adorable, don't see how he could object to one more. LOL[/QUOTE]

I actually have wondered how warm it would be to spend the night over there one night. Just to cuddle down among all the kitties. I would have to get rid of all the stupid misquitoes though. Or, wait till it's too cold for them. :thumbs up:D
And he could object to one more. Believe me, he could. :D

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;813717]Oribit rings a bell, but I'm drawing a blank on Benni... :o I don't remember Benni at all! :confused: Sigh...senility....[I]early[/I] senility, of course, cuz only madame hazel is [I]really[/I] old :o :laughing:

Good luck to both of them Sunday! :goodvibes:[/QUOTE]

Orbit is the second black kitty who got himself trapped in the greenhouse live trap a couple of weeks ago.
[ATTACH]56525[/ATTACH]
Benni is the one I took from that woman who said she was going to put her down unless someone took her. Supposedly she won't let her cats close to the house. I named her Benni because #1, she needs a name for the rescue to fix her and #2, she is cranky just like Bennie on George Lopez. Hubby came up with that one. :thumbs up I didn't find out about the kitten until after I agreed to take her. Then she told me about the "10 week old kitten". She neglected to tell me Benni was pregnant again. :frustrated:
[ATTACH]56526[/ATTACH]

hazelrunpack August 13th, 2009 08:09 PM

I guess I do remember Bennie...just hadn't heard the name before, I think. Whew...not so senile after all! :laughing:

Orbit I remembered. :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper August 14th, 2009 01:09 AM

:goodvibes: for Orbit - happy to hear he's a snuggler :thumbs up will make adoption easier for a black cat if you can bear to part with him ;)

:goodvibes: for Benni :fingerscr she's not very far along & hopefully you can find a home for her (preferably not that guy's barn) too

and of course :goodvibes: for the kitten getting adopted - does he have a name yet & when can you get him in for a neuter? :goodvibes:

14+kitties August 16th, 2009 04:39 PM

Well, just got home.

Orbit - One and a half years old. 9.9 pounds. :thumbs up Was not happy on the way. Much happier coming back. I think he was happy I picked him up. Probably thought he was being dumped.

Benni - Just One year old. 4.4 pounds. :sad: Was pregnant. Is not now. She was very quiet on the way there. Made up for it on the way home. I held her carrier on my knee as she didn't want to settle on the back seat. She didn't on my knee either. :rolleyes: She got me with her claws a few times. I will check on her soon. I hope she settles now she is back home.

Sylvie August 16th, 2009 04:58 PM

I am so glad everything went well. Keep us posted:D

hazelrunpack August 16th, 2009 08:21 PM

omd, isn't 4.4 a bit small? Especially to be preggers? :sad: Benni is so lucky you have her! :grouphug:

Glad the surgeries went so well! :goodvibes: for quick recoveries for both of them!

14+kitties August 16th, 2009 08:29 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yes hazel, 4.4 is really tiny to be preggers. And this was at least her second time to be pregnant. :yell: I haven't seen the "lady" who gave her up in the store since I got her but wait till I do. I have a few choice words for her. :frustrated: I am having problems trying to find a food she will eat. Snoopy (the kitten) too. They seem to only eat a very small amount of wet but you put dry in they go to town. I am going to have to do some experimenting. They both need to put on mega weight.
First two are Benni not looking too happy. I put Snoopy in a crate right beside her so she can see him but he can't get to her to harm her stitches. Hopefully she will sleep the night away. She has a lot of healing to do. :sad:
[ATTACH]56686[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]56687[/ATTACH]
Orbit on the other hand....... :cloud9: Oh yeah, that's the spot.
[ATTACH]56688[/ATTACH]

edwina August 16th, 2009 08:34 PM

I am glad everything went well. Poor kitties. :sad:
I think you need to keep orbit, he is way too lovable. :cloud9: :D

hazelrunpack August 16th, 2009 09:05 PM

Oh, it's nice to see Orbit so companionable! :cloud9:

Poor Benni. Lots of :goodvibes: coming her way! She's a beautiful girl!

14+kitties August 16th, 2009 09:23 PM

[QUOTE=edwina;814893]I am glad everything went well. Poor kitties. :sad:
I think you need to keep orbit, he is way too lovable. :cloud9: :D[/QUOTE]

He is a sweetie! I think he will make someone a wonderful pet. I am spreading the word at work. We'll see.

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;814910]Oh, it's nice to see Orbit so companionable! :cloud9:

Poor Benni. Lots of :goodvibes: coming her way! She's a beautiful girl![/QUOTE]

I love her nose. It's darker than any of my other tabbies. Just need to get her fattened up and a lot more sociable. She won't be going to a barn either. She is much too small. I just went to check on them. Orbit is sawing logs. She is still awake and on guard.

Frenchy August 16th, 2009 09:55 PM

Holy crap 4.4 lbs and pregnant ? :eek: omg , you saved her life you know !!! :thumbs up

Orbit already likes you :cloud9:

14+kitties August 16th, 2009 10:03 PM

[QUOTE=Frenchy;814967]Holy crap 4.4 lbs and pregnant ? :eek: omg , you saved her life you know !!! :thumbs up

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]It makes me so angry when I think she already had one litter. How big do you think she was when she had them three or four months ago? She never got a chance to gain anything back from nursing them and she was pregnant again. :wall: Sometimes people make me sick! :yell: And no, I never did phone the "lady" back to let her know Benni and Snoopy were ok. :rolleyes:[/COLOR]

Orbit already likes you :cloud9:[/QUOTE]

Orbit is just a sweetheart. He is sure coming around. :lovestruck:

luckypenny August 16th, 2009 10:48 PM

They certainly found fortune crossing your path 14+. I can't tell you enough, you're one amazing woman :2huggers:.

Tundra_Queen August 16th, 2009 11:55 PM

14+ 4.4lbs and pregnant? That is terrible...I'm so glad she has you, poor kitty. I hope she heals quickly. :grouphug:

You probably know this, but could u sprinkle day food on top of the wet?

Darby is a dry food junkie and I had to do that to get her to eat wet.

Debbie

growler~GateKeeper August 17th, 2009 01:37 AM

:sad: so teensy wee Benni

:goodvibes: for Orbit & Benni's adoptions

[QUOTE=growler;813863]:goodvibes: for the kitten getting adopted - does he have a name yet & when can you get him in for a neuter? :goodvibes:[/QUOTE]

So he's got a name........when's Scooby scheduled for a neuter?

14+kitties August 17th, 2009 06:38 AM

:o Thanks LP

[QUOTE=Tundra_Queen;814999]14+ 4.4lbs and pregnant? That is terrible...I'm so glad she has you, poor kitty. I hope she heals quickly. :grouphug:

You probably know this, but could u sprinkle day food on top of the wet?

Darby is a dry food junkie and I had to do that to get her to eat wet.

Debbie[/QUOTE]

Thanks TQ. Yep, I knew the dry food trick. It is one of many I have up my sleeve to try. We shall see what I can do. She just needs to gain. So does Snoopy.

[QUOTE=growler;815008]:sad: so teensy wee Benni

:goodvibes: for Orbit & Benni's adoptions
So he's got a name........when's Scooby scheduled for a neuter?[/QUOTE]

Scooby - cute! Snoopy needs to be six months old or three pounds to go in for his snip. I figure he is around 3 - 4 months, maybe 2 pounds at the most so it will be a bit yet.

Love4himies August 17th, 2009 07:05 AM

OMG Bennie looks just like Rose :cloud9: :lovestruck: and tiny too.

What an :angel: you are. I hope you will be able to spay her :pray:, the world just doen't need anymore kittens and momma needs to get her own body into shape without worrrying about nursing kittens.

Sending some :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: for their surgery.

14+kitties August 17th, 2009 07:09 AM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;815046]OMG Bennie looks just like Rose :cloud9: :lovestruck: and tiny too.

What an :angel: you are. I hope you will be able to spay her :pray:, the world just doen't need anymore kittens and momma needs to get her own body into shape without worrrying about nursing kittens.

Sending some :goodvibes::goodvibes::goodvibes: for their surgery.[/QUOTE]

L4H - read the latter parts of the thread hon. She was spayed yesterday. :sad: Post #11. Now it's time for her to start healing. And you are right. She is just like Rose.

chico2 August 17th, 2009 07:17 AM

L4H,Bennie was just spayed yesterday and aborted and little Orbit neutered,you must have missed that part.

This sweet little girl will never have to be preggers again:thumbs upthank's to our kitty:angel2:

Love4himies August 17th, 2009 07:42 AM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;815049]L4H - read the latter parts of the thread hon. She was spayed yesterday. :sad: Post #11. Now it's time for her to start healing. And you are right. She is just like Rose.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I am at work and have to look through the posts so quickly :o.

Glad to hear she was spayed.

ancientgirl August 17th, 2009 08:41 AM

OMG 14+, I can't fathom that little girl having babies. At least she will never have to go through that again.:thumbs up

Orbit looks like a doll!

14+kitties August 17th, 2009 09:29 AM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;815062]Sorry, I am at work and have to look through the posts so quickly :o.

Glad to hear she was spayed.[/QUOTE]

That's ok. :thumbs up I'm glad she is done too.

[QUOTE=ancientgirl;815075]OMG 14+, I can't fathom that little girl having babies. At least she will never have to go through that again.:thumbs up

Orbit looks like a doll![/QUOTE]

I know. I am so angry with that person!
Orbit is so laid back and happy. Seems a little hesitant about being picked up. On the way back home he was so quiet. It was almost like he was so relieved when I came back to pick him up he knew he could relax. :cloud9:

ancientgirl August 17th, 2009 09:42 AM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;815093]
Orbit is so laid back and happy. Seems a little hesitant about being picked up. On the way back home he was so quiet. It was almost like he was so relieved when I came back to pick him up he knew he could relax. :cloud9:[/QUOTE]

Poor little guy. He just wanted to know he wasn't being abandoned again.

14+kitties August 17th, 2009 06:07 PM

[QUOTE=ancientgirl;815100]Poor little guy. He just wanted to know he wasn't being abandoned again.[/QUOTE]

Yep, my feeling exactly. I have doubts he came from the barn down the road. I am getting a large vibe that he was dumped. He is such a sweetheart. I don't know how people can do that and still look at themselves in the mirror.

I am going to go spend some time with the garage kitties now.

ancientgirl August 17th, 2009 06:50 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;815306]Yep, my feeling exactly. I have doubts he came from the barn down the road. I am getting a large vibe that he was dumped. He is such a sweetheart. I don't know how people can do that and still look at themselves in the mirror.

I am going to go spend some time with the garage kitties now.[/QUOTE]

My biggest regret, was dropping off a cat I tried to keep for 2 weeks. I didn't know better and was naive about my choices for allergy management. For the rest of my life I will think about that cat. For the rest of my life I will think of her and hope she found a home, and hope she forgave me for letting her go. It boggles my mind that there are people who don't give a second thought to doing something like that.

I think that's why I didn't give up on Czari. I had to make it work, if for any other reason to at the very least give her a home, where I could not give one to Serena, who had also been a stray.:sad:

Magicwildwolf69 August 17th, 2009 10:47 PM

om i can't believe 4.4 and prego again. its amazing the other kitten is doing as well as he seems to be. makes me look at stormy who only weighs about 5 pounds and i wouldn't ever let her bring babies in the world. or any of my cats for that matter. no matter how cute kittens are.

so glad orbit is so sweet. i can't believe someone just lets cats go. so sad this world we are in :sad: