Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   RIP Fireball (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=76592)

cpietra16 April 21st, 2011 12:13 PM

RIP Fireball

1 Attachment(s)
RIP Fireball...old age or not...enought already:(. This is Fireball a beautiful Betta fish rescued from the toilet..no kidding...he was 4 1/2 years old...The last few days he refused to eat and stopped making bubbles:(I took him out of the aquarium and placed him in a shallow bowl so that he could still come to the surface for some air...he seemed to be ok last night, but I guess it just wasn't enough.

Rgeurts April 21st, 2011 12:35 PM

I'm so sorry :(
He was a gorgeous Beta :cloud9:
:rip: little Fireball :candle:

14+kitties April 21st, 2011 01:24 PM

:candle::rip: Fireball :candle:
What a gorgeous boy you were privileged to share your life with cpietra. :grouphug: I am so sorry for your loss.

CsqU4r3d April 21st, 2011 02:24 PM

What a beautiful Betta boy...so sorry for your loss :cry::candle::rip:

chico2 April 21st, 2011 04:34 PM

What a gorgeous fish,so very sorry cpietra...

Winston April 21st, 2011 04:57 PM

What a beautiful fish Cpietra16! RIP...:candle:

hazelrunpack April 21st, 2011 05:31 PM

I think he's the prettiest betta I've ever seen, cpietra! I'm sorry for your loss :grouphug:

:candle: Fireball

kathryn April 22nd, 2011 12:22 AM

Wow, 4 1/2 years? I think that is the longest I've ever heard of one living and I've had betta fish my whole life! :rip: little guy... I love these fish, so much personality. I always will have them as long as I have cats, the tank is on the lowest level of the TV stand thing at my house so my cats can play with my betta, it is so funny.

cpietra16 April 22nd, 2011 06:42 AM

thank you all for your condolences... I never had Betta's so I wasn;t sure how long they could live for, but he had a great home with his little Tetra pal who I think seems to miss him...(ok, I know I am now giving him a human emotion) anyway, my son wanted him buried in the garden next to his friend, Blue who we lost a year ago.
Now I have a ten gallon tank with one tetra, two bottom suck up green slim fish (sorry don't know names)...I think I may have to get tetra a friend so that he can swim with pals....

mummummum April 22nd, 2011 08:17 AM

I'm so sorry Cpietra for you and his little buddy the tetra. Someday you will have to share with us his rescue :lovestruck: story. :candle:

kathryn April 22nd, 2011 04:03 PM

Oh wow, you were able to keep him with other fish? You had a VERY unusual betta! To live that long, survive what he did and to like other fish? Awesome!

cpietra16 April 23rd, 2011 07:35 AM

[QUOTE=kathryn;1005717]Oh wow, you were able to keep him with other fish? You had a VERY unusual betta! To live that long, survive what he did and to like other fish? Awesome![/QUOTE]

Kathryn, the lady at the fish store suggested a tetra because of their size...no threat.:shrug: I just went along with it. I wanted to give him company...and yes, I know I am giving them the "human" trait again. Anyway, I will be adding more tetras soon so that the the little one left has a school to hang out with , if that is the proper term?

Bina April 24th, 2011 07:23 PM

Fireball was very handsome for sure.....And I bet that your tetra would really enjoy
some new buddies to "school" with.

Dee-O-Gee April 24th, 2011 08:38 PM

It's o.k. to have 1 beta in a community tank. You just cannot have 2 betas together cause they'll kill each other. :shrug:

We have a couple neon & lemon tetras but also a Danio that's pushing 11 years old! :crazy:

:candle: Sweet Fireball :candle:

cpietra16 April 25th, 2011 12:31 PM

well I added three more neon tetras to the tank to keep the other tetra from bordom...and unfortunately I added another betta and it promptly died the next day..:(ofcourse the lady warned me that I was getting the most pathetic looking betta they had....how could I not!!!! I knew it would die if it did not get out of that little tea cup they called a bowl...:shrug: at least it swam in a bigger place for 24 hours before I found him :(anyway, I will go back and maybe get one that is healthier...

hazelrunpack April 25th, 2011 02:51 PM

:grouphug: Sorry about the new betta! :(