Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   We just adopted a new puppy girl. (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=75339)

Pipercats February 17th, 2011 04:07 PM

We just adopted a new puppy girl.

Just had to share with the group.

We just got home from the Humane Society. We have a new addition to the family who will be coming home tomorrow. She is a Maltese/Maltese cross who is about 10 years old and was found in stray in Regina in January of this year.

She is a very petite little girl who is quite shy right now. Pure white and just had a hair cut and her spay surgery on Monday. We pick her up tomorrow afternoon and get to bring her home to meet the new furry family. We cant wait.

And yes .. we will post pictures as soon as we can.

Doin the happy dance, just had to share the good news.
Bill and Terri and the herd.

diandpat February 17th, 2011 04:15 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And Bless you for adopting an older furkid. I am sure she is just precious. Hope the cats feel the same way :laughing:

What a fun weekend you have in store for you. Can't wait for pics!!!:thumbs up

Pipercats February 17th, 2011 04:28 PM

[QUOTE=diandpat;986284]CONGRATULATIONS!!!! And Bless you for adopting an older furkid. I am sure she is just precious. Hope the cats feel the same way :laughing:

What a fun weekend you have in store for you. Can't wait for pics!!!:thumbs up[/QUOTE]

Thanks diandpat .. the cats - all 7 members of our feline family live with our Shih-Tzu girl Cleo .. so for them, the usual reaction is .. ok .. its just another furball .. do we have to move over to make more room on the couch or bed?

chico2 February 17th, 2011 05:47 PM

Pipercats,I agree,it's wonderful you adopted a senior pup:thumbs up
We will be waiting for pics for sure,you might as well add some of the kitties too and the little tzu Cleo;)

diandpat February 17th, 2011 05:50 PM

[QUOTE=chico2;986297]We will be waiting for pics for sure,you might as well add some of the kitties too and the little tzu Cleo;)[/QUOTE]

I just assumed that that was understood!!! :laughing::laughing:

Marty11 February 17th, 2011 05:53 PM

Congrads on your new poochie :thumbs up Can't wait to see a pic.

Love4himies February 17th, 2011 06:03 PM

I am so glad you adopted a senior pup :thumbs up :grouphug:

Ummmm, Pics :frustrated: :laughing: :pray:

BMDLuver February 17th, 2011 08:04 PM

people, people, 10 is not senior for a maltese x, sheesh I have a friend who has two 22 yr olds...... Now congrats on the new addition. We ended up with a 15 year old Chi last year and she's the best behaved out of our whole bunch so mature dogs definitely rock!

Etown_Chick February 17th, 2011 08:16 PM

Piper,
congrats! She'll make a wonderful addition to your crew

Pipercats February 17th, 2011 09:09 PM

Thanks everyone ..

We will be sure to post pic's as soon as we can.
Just finished doing a little puppy shopping. We just picked up a pink puppy hoody for Abby as it is pretty cold in Saskatchewan right now .. should look adorable. Will try to get some new pic's of the herd as well and get them posted.

Bill

hazelrunpack February 20th, 2011 09:25 PM

Congrats on the new addition, Bill!!! :clap: :thumbs up I'm a little behind--so I hope I run into some pics before I get caught up on the board! :D

Pipercats February 22nd, 2011 03:26 PM

Thanks Hazel.

We brought Abby home on Saturday. She has been nose to nose and nose to butt with all 7 feline fur kids with no issues whatever. She dances and prances around the house like she owns the place. Sleeps on the couch and in bed with the rest of the herd. This is not the same fearful, shy dog that we met at the shelter just a few days ago. She has certainly come out of her shell in a short time. She has definitely bonded with my wife and sticks to her like a little piece of velcro.

We hope to have some pictures up soon.

Bill

Love4himies February 22nd, 2011 03:29 PM

That's great :thumbs up, and I can't wait for pics :cloud9:

chico2 February 22nd, 2011 04:32 PM

Bill,that's great news and the kitties have no issues with her,that's wonderful...she's a lucky little girl:thumbs up
Did we mention pics;);)

hazelrunpack February 23rd, 2011 04:25 PM

She sounds like the perfect little princess!! :cloud9: