Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Cat food forum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Now! Cat Food?? (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=52219)

Winston May 10th, 2008 09:43 PM

Now! Cat Food??

Well I finally ran out of the vet prescribed KD and dont think I am going to refill it..I am also trying to change vets so we will wait and see.

I have Tabitha and Bomber on a little bit of wet...seems they will only tolerate the Wellness Beef and Salmon mixed with water...they are not eating enough of it yet to totally switch over.

I had to go get them some food so I chose the Now! Cat Food..here is the ingrediants..any comments on thoughts on this one?

Cindy

GUARANTEED ANALYSIS

Crude Protein (min) 31%
Available in 1 lb, 3lb & 10lb bags

Crude Fat (min) 18%
Crude Fiber (max) 3%
Moisture (max) 10%
Ash (max) 6.5%
*Omega 6 Fatty Acids (min) 2.8%
*Omega 3 Fatty Acids (min) 0.55%
Magnesium (max) 0.09%

*not recognized as an essential nutrient by the A.A.F.C.O. cat food nutrient profile.

INGREDIENTS

De-boned Turkey, Potato Flour, Pea, Potato, Pea Fiber, Whole Dried Egg, Tomato, Canola Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E) , Flaxseed, Natural Flavors, Coconut Oil (preserved with mixed tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), De-boned Salmon,De-boned Duck, Apple, Dicalcium Phosphate, Sun Dried Alfalfa, Calcium Carbonate, Phosphoric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Lecithin, Potassium Chloride, Fruit: ( pumpkin, bananas, blueberries, cranberries, raspberries, blackberries, papaya, pineapple), Vegetables: ( carrots, lentil beans, broccoli, spinach, alfalfa sprouts, garlic), cottage cheese, DL Methionine, Taurine, Zeolite, Vitamins: ( vitamin A, vitamin E, Vitamin C, niacin: source of Vitamin B3 thiamine mononitrate: source of Vitamin B1, pyridoxine hydrochloride: source of Vitamin B6, Riboflavin : source of Vitamin B2, Vitamin K, beta-carotene, inositol: source of Vitamin B8, d-calcium panthothenate, vitamin D3, folic acid: (source of vitamin B9) , biotin (source of vitamin B7 or H, vitamin B12) , Minerals: (zinc proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, iron proteinate, copper sulfate, copper proteinate, manganese proteinate, manganous oxide, calcium iodate, sodium selenite) , Kelp, L-Lysine, Prebiotics: (chicory root extract, mannanoligosaccharides), Probiotics: lactobacillus acidophilus, lactobacillus casei, enterococcus faecium, bifido bacterium thermophilum), Ascorbyl-Polyphosphate, Digestive Enzymes: ( dried trichoderma viride fermentation extract, dried aspergillus niger fermentation extract, dried aspergillus oryzae fermentation extract) , Yucca Schidigera Extract, L-Carnitine, Marigold Extract, Dried Rosemary.

wdawson May 11th, 2008 12:52 PM

i just switched to the NOW for my cats.

Love4himies May 12th, 2008 09:32 AM

Sweet Pea occasionally eats Now, the grain free varieties.

gypsy_girl May 12th, 2008 01:37 PM

I am assuming that you are using KD as a protein reduced diet? In terms of a replacement for a prescription diet it would depend on your blood tests and what the BUN level is.
If you vet put you on this food as a "preventative" studies have shown that reducing protein level is not indicated until you have significant renal issues.
I LOVE in the ingredients in NOW! I especially love the render free ingredients and the COCONUT oil.
Hope this helps