Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Goodbye, Daisy (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=83301)

Schwinn January 22nd, 2013 06:19 PM

Goodbye, Daisy

2 Attachment(s)
I don't come on often, but thought I should let those who've been around since I was a regular know that Daisy has passed.

We noticed last week she was losing weight, and by the end of the week she was noticeably skinnier. I decided I would take her to the vet on Monday, but when I let her back in Friday night after going to the washroom, I realized how she was so much thinner than just the day before. Got up and called the vet on Saturday, and the tech told me that they check her BP by pressing her gums, and it should go back to pink almost right away. She said it took 2 seconds. Then I'm thinking, "This won't be cheap." Then the vet came in and checked her out without saying a word. I'm thinking, "Dude, this is rather unnerving." As he recommends a blood test, I start realizing that this is not good. I sat on the floor with Daisy waiting for the results, and he comes back and says her liver is right off the chart (the test maxes out at 2500...it's supposed to be 1-hundred something). I look at him, and he's staring at me, and then it hits me. I finally spit out, "I guess we need to...we, uh...we need to have her put to sleep." I don't know what came first, his confirmation, or my flood of tears. I ask if she's in pain, and he says yes. I then choke out that I have to let my family say good bye. I take Daisy home, and just as I pull in the driveway, Cheryl calls and says, "Hey, where are you?" I lose it. I pull myself together, and take Daisy in. She lays down, and Maddy goes, "Daddy, are you crying?" I then proceed to break their hearts.

When I take Daisy back a half hour later, she can barely keep up with me crossing the parking lot. I sat on the floor holding her head as she left. It's still breaking my heart. I know you can never be ready, I just thought I'd have more time to brace myself. I'd always said, when the tail stops wagging, it's time. And it hadn't wagged for a week.

She was the most loving dog I have ever had or been around (she's number 5) and I feel so unworthy of her. And I didn't realize it until this week, but when I take a break and go upstairs, I always look in the corner for her. I've caught myself starting to say, "What's up, pup?" or "DAAAaaaaisy!", then look and say, "Oh yea".

So, rest in peace, Pupcake. You were a shining example of the breed, and a well-loved family member. Between you and the girls, I don't know who loved who more. There'll always be an empty spot in my heart. You were awesome.

pbpatti January 22nd, 2013 06:26 PM

Schwinn I am so sorry for your loss of your wonderful furfriend Daisy. :cry: Thank you for posting these two pictures of her especially the second one where she is covered in all that snow looking like a polar bear or maybe a ghost rottie :cloud9:. I hope that you and your families hearts heal soon. :grouphug::pray::rip: Daisy run free over the bridge until you meet again!

Jull January 22nd, 2013 08:00 PM

I am very sorry for your loss, think of all the good memories you have of her :grouphug:

Barkingdog January 22nd, 2013 08:10 PM

I am sorry to hear of the lost of your beloved Daisy .

hazelrunpack January 22nd, 2013 09:17 PM

So sorry to hear about Daisy, Schwinn :grouphug: Such a difficult time for you all :(

:candle: Daisy

lindapalm January 22nd, 2013 10:09 PM

Schwinn, I would frame the snow puppy picture and hang it, it looks like it goes along with a funny memory of her, which is what you need right now. Take Care.

Shaykeija January 23rd, 2013 12:07 AM

I am so sorry for your loss...Damn they leave big holes in our lives...

Dog Dancer January 23rd, 2013 12:19 AM

Aww Schwinn, I am so sorry you lost your beloved Daisy. You know you've come to the right place to share your grief. We truly do understand and care. Daisy went with her heart filled with love. You will be with her again in due course Schwinn, she waits at the bridge. RIP sweet beautiful Daisy.

growler~GateKeeper January 23rd, 2013 12:29 AM

:rip: sweet :angel2: Daisy :candle: She is playing at the [URL="http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html"]Rainbow Bridge[/URL] with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

Love4himies January 23rd, 2013 08:39 AM

Oh Schwinn, I am so sorry to hear about Daisy. :grouphug:

:rip: Daisy :candle:

Winston January 23rd, 2013 08:00 PM

Schwinn I am so sorry for your loss. Daisy was a beautiful pup!

:pawprint::rip::dog::angel2:

Jim Hall January 23rd, 2013 09:17 PM

:candle: pupcake

aws1 January 24th, 2013 01:24 PM

Sorry sorry for your loss of Daisy she was a beautiful girl, the picture of her snow face would make a wonderful keep sake. My deepest condolences to your family.

Goldfields January 24th, 2013 09:12 PM

Schwinn, I know exactly what you are going through and you have my deepest sympathy. Daisy would be glad you had the courage to make the last kind decision for her and be with her at the end.

mastifflover January 25th, 2013 02:24 PM

Schwinn my heart is breaking for you. I know how special Daisy was to you. You have my deepest sympathies and a big hug my friend. I am glad you stopped in to tell us and you are missed here. My love to you and your family. RIP sweet Daisy, go find Buddy at the bridge and run free.:grouphug:

marko January 28th, 2013 10:02 AM

I'm so sorry to be reading this Schwinn, I know how hard this is :sorry:

:rip: sweet pupcake Daisy :candle:

Sincerely
Marko

Moogie January 28th, 2013 05:50 PM

How blessed

is Daisy to have had such warm hearts and loving family that walked her up to the end and let her go in peace. I know it isn't easy, but you are her hero, she lived for you and I am so glad your face was the last face she saw as she passed over. Many may not agree with me, however, my pets do go to heaven, i have assurance. I know you'll see her again and it will be a wonderful reunion. She's left a hole in your heart that no other can replace, but isn't it wonderful to have been able to love so much? You'll never get over her, but you'll learn to live with the hole in the heart and be so glad she was able to be your four legged soul mate.
:sorry:

angeldogs February 2nd, 2013 06:25 PM

Sorry for your loss of Daisy Schwinn.:sorry:

R.I.P Daisy :candle:

Qontry February 10th, 2013 12:40 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you. We, too, are grieving the recent loss of our best friend, Kodiak. I hope Kodi has found a new friend at Rainbow Bridge.
[URL="http://kodiak.4yourinfo.com"][IMG]http://kodiak.4yourinfo.com/data/Kodiak_Link_490x366.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

minmin12 February 10th, 2013 01:32 PM

I lost mine too

:candle::sorry:A Letter from your Pet in Heaven
Author: Unknown

To my dearest family,
some things I’d like to say.
But first of all, to let you know
that I arrived okay.
I’m writing this from the Bridge.
Here I will dwell with God above.
Here there’s no more tears of sadness.
Here is just eternal love.
Please do not be unhappy
just because I’m out of sight.
Remember that I am with you
every morning, noon and night.
That day I had to leave you
when my life on earth was through,
God picked me up and hugged me
and He said, “I welcome you.
It’s good to have you back again,
you were missed while you were gone.
As for your dearest family,
They’ll be here later on”.
God gave me a list of things,
that he wished for me to do.
And foremost on the list,
was to watch and care for you.
And when you lie in bed at night
the day’s chores put to flight,
god and I are closest to you…
in the middle of the night.
When you think of my life on earth,
and all those loving years,
because you are only human,
they are bound to bring you tears.
But do not be afraid to cry:
it does relieve the pain.
Remember there would be no flowers,
unless there were some rain.
I wish that I could tell you
all that God has planned.
If I were to tell you,
you wouldn’t understand.

But one thing is for certain,
though my life on earth is over.
I’m closer to you now,
than I ever was before.
There are rocky roads ahead of you
and many hills to climb;
but together we can do it
by taking one day at a time.
It was always my philosophy
and I’d like it for you too;
that as you give unto the world,
the world will give to you.
If you can help somebody
who’s in pain;
then you can say to God at night…
“My day was not in vain”.
And now I am contented…
that my life was worthwhile.
Knowing as I passed along
God says: "If you meet somebody
who is sad and feeling low;
Just lend a hand to pick him up,
as on your way you go.
When you're walking down the street
with me on your mind;
I'm walking in your footsteps
only half a step behind."
"And when it's time for you to go...
from that body to be free.
Remember you're not going...
you're coming here to me."

chico2 March 4th, 2013 09:08 AM

Schwinn,I too have not been here for a while,but I remember and I am very sorry for your loss...:rip:beautiful Daisy