Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Rescue (Adopt) a cat - listings (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   URGENT: 10-Day Old Kitten Needs Foster Mom (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=14187)

SOS MIOW April 18th, 2005 08:52 PM

URGENT: 10-Day Old Kitten Needs Foster Mom

Lady in Ile Perrot had a stray female give birth to a litter of kittens in her car shelter (Tempo). This morning the mother moved all her babies but was frightened off and left one. The lady has it in her home and is giving it carnation milk. She has no experience bottle feeding a newborn (approx. 10 days old) and is desperately looking for someone to take the little one. If you can help, please call Mme. Menard at 514-453-1527.

SOS MIOW April 19th, 2005 10:07 PM

Thank You

Thanks to Lisa who picked up the kitty today.

canine14 April 23rd, 2005 09:55 AM

Norton

Hi all,

Norton is about 6 days old today. He is eating well and loves his stuffed camel "mommy." His ears have unfolded slightly but his eyes are still closed. His umbilical cord finally fell off. We are deeply in love with him.

I will try to take a picture when I can and post it for everyone.

BMDLuver April 23rd, 2005 09:57 AM

awwwwwww

I'm so glad he is doing well. I can well imagine how attached you are to him. Thanks for keeping us posted and my home is open if you need to do "house things" for a couple of hours during the week. :thumbs up

canine14 June 7th, 2005 08:33 PM

Norton

Hi all,

Just a short update on Norton. He was 7 weeks old as of last Sunday. He has been completely accepted by his surrogate family: his Mom, Cookie Monster (who was a teen mother because she is only 8 months old), his siblings Leon (orange tabby, DMH), Sherman (buff and white, DMH) and Trixie (dilute calico, DMH) who are all only one day younger than Norton. Norton and Trixie are inseparable. They are all staying with us. My BF is head-over-heels for Norton and Norton is his special boy, just like Willard is mine (see thread about abused kitten with bottom lip torn off posted by SOS Miow in this category).

I do not have any recent photos, but Norton is all white with flame-point markings on his tail and the tips of his ears. His eyes are ice blue but he does not appear to be deaf as he responds well to sounds. He may just be a Siamese-type mixed cat because his face is round rather than sleek like a Siamese's.

I will try to post a photo soon.

Lisa

PS His first "surrogate" mother, Noa, who nursed him for one day, has a great home. His second "surrogate," Willow, who nursed him for a few days, is doing well. Her kittens, who proved to be bigger than Norton and were consequently a little too rough with him, are big, healthy 10 week olds and are beyond exceptional. Willow will be spayed this week.