Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Off topic forum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   US Quarters (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=68920)

14+kitties March 13th, 2010 09:12 AM

US Quarters

Over the past 8 or 9 years I have been working on getting all of the US quarters with the 50 States. I have 42 of them. Getting a little impatient to finish the set. :rolleyes: If anyone happens to have the ''missing" ones I would gladly pay for the quarters and costs of mailing.
States needed:
California
Colorado
Hawaii
Idaho
Kansas
Minnesota
New Mexico
Texas
Silly, I know but hey, we need silly occasionally.
Thanks anyone who can help. :thumbs up

Jim Hall March 13th, 2010 09:43 AM

ok illlook for ya

quincymycat March 13th, 2010 09:49 AM

Sorry 14+. I just went through a pile of my US change and I guess most of my quarters were the older ones because only two had states on them and they were Washington and Oklahoma.
I will be in the US next week and will check my change and the change of my friend to see if I can get any of the missing ones for you.

Winston March 13th, 2010 09:51 AM

14+ DH is a coin freak too! :D I will check his stuff a bit later and see what I can get for ya! we keep all our American chg not sure why we never go there!! :laughing:

Dee-O-Gee March 13th, 2010 01:32 PM

Are you looking for any particular year or just the state?

I head up a pop fund at my office and get loads of quarters. I'll keep an eye out for any of the listed states. :thumbs up

14+kitties March 13th, 2010 02:37 PM

Thanks guys and gals! I appreciate it.

[QUOTE=klmccallum;895652]Are you looking for any particular year or just the state?

I head up a pop fund at my office and get loads of quarters. I'll keep an eye out for any of the listed states. :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

That would be great klm. The States came out with these coins 5 a year for 10 years. I think they started in either '98 or '99 so the collection is all available now. I have slowly been getting them through work but these States just don't seem to be popular. :shrug:
Winston - I have some neat coins from through the years. I don't do anything with them but put them away. I keep telling my kids that's their inheritance. :laughing: The neatest one I think is from China. Someone passed it off as a toonie at work. I think I also have a triangular one but can't remember where it's from without going and looking for it. The other day I got a 25 cent coin from the Cayman Islands. It's cool to see where coins come from. I'll never get to see the places (and that's fine) but I get to see their money. :D

Winston March 13th, 2010 03:02 PM

Okay so far we have the Minnesota quarter! I'll keep looking.:thumbs up

14+kitties March 13th, 2010 03:04 PM

[QUOTE=Winston;895685]Okay so far we have the Minnesota quarter! I'll keep looking.:thumbs up[/QUOTE]

:thumbs up Wonderful!! Just make sure hubby doesn't want it!! :laughing::laughing:

ancientgirl March 13th, 2010 04:32 PM

All I have is Alaska right now. I'll keep an eye out for you.:D

Melinda March 13th, 2010 04:48 PM

I have colorado if you'd like it

14+kitties March 13th, 2010 06:11 PM

[QUOTE=Melinda;895711]I have colorado if you'd like it[/QUOTE]

Would love it please Melinda! :thumbs up If you will PM me your addy I will send out a self addressed stamped envelope with a quarter to replace it. Thanks very much!! :highfive:

hazelrunpack March 13th, 2010 10:36 PM

14+, I'm pretty sure I have extras of all of those if you want them. No need to replenish...Canadian coins don't spend very well here. :o You want? :D

growler~GateKeeper March 14th, 2010 12:10 AM

:laughing: I have a collection of the US State Quarters too :D but I only have 26 so far. I don't have any of the ones you are missing except Texas but only one (also from customer change @ work) :D

joeysmama March 14th, 2010 12:38 AM

I'll ask my mother and my husband. They're always exchanging quarters and Tom has a big cardborad map with spaces for the quarters. I'll show him this list and ask him what he's got. I'm sure he must have something from the list of the ones you need.

krdahmer March 14th, 2010 01:40 AM

I'm headed over to the states monday....I'll see if I can wrangle some of those for ya!

14+kitties March 14th, 2010 09:27 AM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;895959]14+, I'm pretty sure I have extras of all of those if you want them. No need to replenish...Canadian coins don't spend very well here. :o You want? :D[/QUOTE]

:D:D:D:D Yes, yes, yes please!!!!! I sent you a pm! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!! :grouphug::grouphug: Oh, we do get lots of US coins up here. Even bills. [I]We [/I]take your money. :p

Thanks everyone else for your kind offers!! I love the way Pets members work together for someone in "need". :D :grouphug:

14+kitties March 14th, 2010 09:27 AM

For anyone interested in looking at the set here is the web site........
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/50_State_Quarters[/url]

14+kitties March 14th, 2010 09:31 AM

[QUOTE=growler;895979]:laughing: I have a collection of the US State Quarters too :D but I only have 26 so far. I don't have any of the ones you are missing except Texas but only one (also from customer change @ work) :D[/QUOTE]

Growler, I have extras of some if you let me know which ones you still need I will go through them and see what I have. I still have your address. :thumbs up

dustybird March 14th, 2010 10:13 AM

Well because of where I work 99% of the guest's we have are American so we deal with 99% American money.

My boss who is from the States is collecting the coins as well and I think he's pretty much done. Both sets, as there is a P mint and D mint.

Anyway my point is I am always looking at the change we get at work for him and I will do my best to remember to look for the ones you guys need.

I won't have a chance to start looking until the middle of May though. So if anyone still needs help by then please send me an email to remind me and what they need. I enable pm and to be sent an email notification as I don't always get a chance to come here during the summer. So hopefully it will show up in my email inbox.

edwina March 14th, 2010 08:25 PM

I started collecting these when they first started, then i got bored. :D
I since then spent them all. So much for collecting. :o

growler~GateKeeper March 14th, 2010 08:27 PM

[QUOTE=14+kitties;896009]Growler, I have extras of some if you let me know which ones you still need I will go through them and see what I have. I still have your address. :thumbs up[/QUOTE]

Thanks 14+, Hazel's :angel: gonna check what she has for you & then for me -- I'll let you know :)

14+kitties March 14th, 2010 09:24 PM

[QUOTE=dustybird;896014]Well because of where I work 99% of the guest's we have are American so we deal with 99% American money.

My boss who is from the States is collecting the coins as well and I think he's pretty much done. Both sets, as there is a P mint and D mint.

Anyway my point is I am always looking at the change we get at work for him and I will do my best to remember to look for the ones you guys need.

I won't have a chance to start looking until the middle of May though. So if anyone still needs help by then please send me an email to remind me and what they need. I enable pm and to be sent an email notification as I don't always get a chance to come here during the summer. So hopefully it will show up in my email inbox.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much dustybird. :thumbs up I have 20 coins with both D and P. When I first started collecting these so long ago I was told by the truck drivers bringing them to me that there were two sets. Every time there was a new one out they brought both to me as soon as they got them. Unfortunately I lost track of them when they got a new route. It is a long process trying to get both. At this point I will be extremely happy to say I have one! I can send some of my doubles to growler so she can finish her set hopefully.
I am sure between the two of us, and anyone else who is interested in them, will remember your kind offer. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack March 14th, 2010 10:37 PM

Oh, that's right--I forgot about the two mints. I don't have the complete P set, just the ones minted in Denver. So except for maybe one or two, they'll all be D coins. :o

erykah1310 March 14th, 2010 10:48 PM

I'm almost certain I have Hawaii, I remember seeing it in Tim Hortons drive through and since it didnt have our traditional canadian Caribou on it, I put it in my purse or ashtray.
I'll check it out tomorrow and let you know if I still have it or if I have since donated it for scrumptious Canadian coffee. :D

kandy March 15th, 2010 03:14 PM

I have Kansas & Texas if you want them.

hazelrunpack March 15th, 2010 03:16 PM

I've got the packages all set to go so Gerri and growler should both be set :thumbs up Oh, except for those pesky territory quarters. Now that I know about them, I have to keep my eyes peeled for those, too! :D

14+kitties March 15th, 2010 04:05 PM

You're the bestest hazel!!! :grouphug::grouphug:

hazelrunpack March 15th, 2010 06:12 PM

No problem! My drawer will finally open without groaning from the weight! :laughing: I just have to figure out what's required for shipping and send them on their way. :D

Dee-O-Gee March 15th, 2010 09:10 PM

[QUOTE=hazelrunpack;896640]No problem! My drawer will finally open without groaning from the weight! :laughing: I just have to figure out what's required for shipping and send them on their way. :D[/QUOTE]

As long as it's not more than 10,000.00 worth, shouldn't need a formal monetary Customs clearance. :D

growler~GateKeeper March 15th, 2010 09:40 PM

:thankyou: so much Hazel :grouphug: