Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   So proud of my hubby! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=66008)

krdahmer October 4th, 2009 05:29 PM

So proud of my hubby!

He called me this morning to tell me what he had been up to before I was even out of bed.... he found two dogs wandering one of the highways in New York, a larger black retriever type and a smaller (possibly a puppy) that looked like a mix of daschound. And being my oh so surly and crabby hubby,:rolleyes:, he couldn't just drive by:lovestruck:. I guess the bigger dog came right up to him and another 2 ladies stopped right behind him, so he handed the dog off to them so they could take it and wait for animal control. The littler one ran off into the woods next to the road, so being my superhero hubby, he went tromping off into the woods after him! But he was unable to find him (and of course at this point in his story I'm thinking oh that poor little dog lost alone in the woods...:sad:) so he went back to where he had pulled the truck over and the little guy was waiting for him!:thumbs up So he bundled him up in a towel (he was wet and shaking) took him in the truck to the nearest truck stop and found another woman whose own dog had just passed away, who was happy to wait there for animal control. And he went on with his day (although he said he did consider keeping the little one:o). So I hope those ladies were able to find where these dogs belonged cause Chase said the nearest homes were miles away... and if not I hope they find great new ones!:goodvibes::pray:

Frenchy October 4th, 2009 05:34 PM

awwww your hubby is :angel: :thumbs up

14+kitties October 4th, 2009 06:00 PM

Ok, you can give Chase an extra hug from me when he gets home. What a big mush he is!! :cloud9:

growler~GateKeeper October 4th, 2009 06:36 PM

[QUOTE=krdahmer;833097]being my oh so surly and crabby hubby,:rolleyes:, he couldn't just drive by:lovestruck:.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like you've got a crusty marshmellow hubby :D WTG Chase :highfive:

Love4himies October 4th, 2009 06:43 PM

"Crusty marshmallow" that is a good one, growler :laughing:

What an :angel: your hubby is. Give him a great big hug for me when he gets home.

growler~GateKeeper October 4th, 2009 06:58 PM

Crusty & crunchy on the outside, soft & gooey on the inside :D :laughing:

ancientgirl October 4th, 2009 07:03 PM

What a great guy you have!

hazelrunpack October 4th, 2009 07:42 PM

Isn't it nice to get confirmation now and then that you married the right guy, kr? :cloud9:

:goodvibes: for the dogs. They were very lucky your :angel: of a husband was on the road today!

[size=1]:o If you talk to him, though, tell him to check himself over well for ticks--they're getting ferocious this time of year! :eek: [/size]

luckypenny October 4th, 2009 09:37 PM

Awww, you see? Training with patience and love works just as well on the dh's :D. He did a great job :thumbs up.

Dee-O-Gee October 4th, 2009 09:44 PM

Ahh what a sweet story KRD. I guess there are some men that really do have a soft spot in there hearts. :lovestruck:

krdahmer October 4th, 2009 10:37 PM

crusty marshmallow.... now that's funny growler!!!! :laugh: and right on the money!;) And I hadn't thought of ticks, thanks hazel, he's a farm/country boy though so I'm sure he'd know what it was if he had one.

The night he rescued my old cat was the cincher for the wedding, and I just love when he reminds me why I love him so much! And for you 14 I'll just sneak him a hug, if I tell him it's from someone else he might bolt! (he has an aversion to hugs.... :rolleyes:):laughing:

I know he stops for animals often, sometimes if it's a wild one it's just to end their suffering (it's a farmer thing I think)...:sad:... but comforting just the same that he can't just leave them there to die slow painful deaths either.

I think we're rubbing off on him though... he was sure to tell the ladies that the dogs looked in good condition and that they looked to belong together and emphasized that both should check with local spca/animal control! :D