Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Dog health - Ask members * If your pet is vomiting-bleeding-diarrhea etc. Vet time! (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Kobe needs your prayers and good vibes (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=80530)

Sylvie March 17th, 2012 08:30 AM

Kobe needs your prayers and good vibes

Last month we found out Kobe has lymphoma

Our beautiful boy is near the end. It has been a hard month. My feelings have been all over the place. He is not doing well today and we know we will have to make the decision very soon.

BenMax March 17th, 2012 09:25 AM

Sylvie...I am deeply sorry.:(.
All I can say is that I wish you strength and alot of prayer.
I know you are loving up Kobe as much as possible.
Just many :grouphug: to you dear friend.

I wish and pray for his gentle transition.

Rgeurts March 17th, 2012 09:29 AM

Oh Sylvie :( :cry:

I'm so very sorry you are going through this. You, Kobe and your family have my thoughts and prayers. I hope his transition is as peaceful as my Thorin's was. If you need anything at all, please let me know. :2huggers:

Robyn

pbpatti March 17th, 2012 09:54 AM

Sylvie, Hugs and prayers from our home to yours. :pray::grouphug:

Sylvie March 17th, 2012 11:44 AM

Thank you everyone, it is so nice to have friends that understand.

Winston March 17th, 2012 02:39 PM

Sylvie I wish there was something I could say to ease the pain you are feeling. You are dear to my heart and I too struggle to figure out why? You and DH have saved countless lives, fostered MANY dogs and what I struggle with is why does this happen to folks that are such wonderful people? Although I know our pets wont live forever I guess I wish for you to have more time with each of yours if that makes sense.

Kobe is a beautiful boy and he will take a piece of my heart with him too!

You know we are here for you if you and DH need anything. Enjoy every moment with Kobe and I wish you both peace with your decision. :grouphug:

Cindy

hazelrunpack March 17th, 2012 04:42 PM

I'm so sorry you're having to deal with this, Sylvie. :grouphug: He's a lucky boy to have you as parents to watch over him and help ease him through his transition. Give him a gentle hug from me and know you are all in my thoughts and prayers.

breeze March 17th, 2012 07:14 PM

I'm so sorry that you and your hubby and Kobe are going through this

you all will be in my thoughts and prayers

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Goldfields March 17th, 2012 10:01 PM

Having known my friend's GSD only a short time I really don't know how people cope with losing them. Wonderful intelligent, loyal dogs. You have my deepest sympathy, Sylvie, 8 years is not enough time for Kobe, it must be heart breaking.

cpietra16 March 18th, 2012 10:48 AM

I am so sorry you are going through this. I can say so many things right now, but I know that what ever I say will never ease the pain you are living right now. My thoughts are with you...:(

Sylvie March 19th, 2012 11:03 PM

We are on a roller coaster ride. This morning we thought we would be losing him today or tomorrow and this afternoon he was his old self. He actually asked for dinner. He hasn't been eating properly for 2 weeks now and is so thin.

When I came home from work tonight, he ran up from the back of the yard to see me. Yesterday he could hardly make it up the small incline in the back. :shrug:

It is a day to day emotional journey.

hazelrunpack March 19th, 2012 11:48 PM

I'm glad he rallied for you today! Sending some :goodvibes: that he's with you for more time than you expect. :grouphug:

marko March 20th, 2012 08:05 AM

I'm so sorry you are going through this Sylvie, I know how hard this is.
Here's some good vibes and I hope they last a little while :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :fingerscr

BenMax March 20th, 2012 09:06 AM

Just soak it all up Sylvie. Thinking of you.:grouphug:

Dog Dancer March 20th, 2012 10:13 AM

Sylvie, I just saw this thread. I am so sorry to hear about Kobe. How heart wrenching for you to be going through this with him. He knows you are there for him though and that you will not do wrong by him. He trusts you to know what is best. Bless you and your husband for being there for all these dogs Sylvie. You are a wonderful soul and there will be a special place in heaven for you and hubby and your wonderful pets.

I'm glad Kobe rallied some for you. I know I don't need to tell you, but stay strong and enjoy every moment you have, even in sadness they will give you wonderful memories. Hugs to you my friend and a sweet gentle hug for Kobe. He has known love and will take it with him when it's time. My heart breaks for you.

Sylvie March 20th, 2012 12:02 PM

Thank you everyone for your support. It really does help.

I am cherishing every moment that we have with him. He is such a gentle soul and I keep telling him that we will take care of his sister for him. She will truly miss him. as we all will.

BenMax March 20th, 2012 12:07 PM

[QUOTE=Sylvie;1036701]Thank you everyone for your support. It really does help.

I am cherishing every moment that we have with him. He is such a gentle soul and I keep telling him that we will take care of his sister for him. She will truly miss him. as we all will.[/QUOTE]

:grouphug:.

Sylvie March 20th, 2012 02:25 PM

Thank you BM

Love4himies March 20th, 2012 02:28 PM

[QUOTE=Sylvie;1036701]Thank you everyone for your support. It really does help.

I am cherishing every moment that we have with him. He is such a gentle soul and I keep telling him that we will take care of his sister for him. She will truly miss him. as we all will.[/QUOTE]

That is just so sad, Sylvie :cry:. I wish they could live forever :( :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Sylvie March 21st, 2012 09:11 PM

I do too L4

growler~GateKeeper March 21st, 2012 10:42 PM

I just saw this now, Sylvie I'm so sorry :grouphug:

Duffy also dealt with Lymphoma and some days they feel great others are so much harder and when they won't eat that makes even the smallest effort to lay in a different spot so difficult for both them & for us to watch them struggle.

I wish you strength & peace :grouphug:

Jim Hall March 22nd, 2012 08:42 AM

wishing good vibes this morning

Sylvie March 22nd, 2012 09:46 AM

Thank you everyone again. He is still with us but not sure for how long. Probably just a couple of more days. He is refusing to eat anything. Unfortunately, our day together yesterday did not turn out the way we had planned. I will update later, as I am at work now.

Dog Dancer March 22nd, 2012 10:19 AM

Thinking of you and Kobe today my friend. Hugs.

Sylvie March 22nd, 2012 08:55 PM

Unfortunately Kobe is not doing well. Will not eat anything and he is down to skin and bones. He is having trouble walking and his breathing is getting bad. We have made an appointment for tomorrow.

Shaykeija March 22nd, 2012 09:59 PM

I am so sorry to hear this....I will be thinking of all of you tomorrow....:grouphug:

luckypenny March 22nd, 2012 10:09 PM

:grouphug:

breeze March 23rd, 2012 08:17 AM

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

hazelrunpack March 23rd, 2012 08:36 AM

Thinking of you today, Sylvie. :grouphug:

Sylvie March 23rd, 2012 09:09 AM

It is so comforting to have all of you to talk to,as I know you all understand.