Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Lost & Found (Pls include a pic if possible & write location in TITLE) (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Bernese Mountain dog lost in Whitby (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=74991)

Sunnybear10 January 29th, 2011 02:28 PM

Bernese Mountain dog lost in Whitby

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everyone, i'am so grateful for finding my dog but now we have to try and get this dog back home as well.

Bernese Mountain Dog- went missing from a kennel in Whitby while her elderly owner was away in another country visiting family. This story has been in the Toronto Star and now on Breakfast Television.

There is now a reward of $1000.00

Chelsea is 2 years old and may have been hit by a car and now with someone not knowing what to do. Their have been sightings of her in Whitby. She wasnt wearing her collar but is microchipped.

The community has been amazing and her neighbors are pulling all the weight while she is away. Lets help bring this dog back home!!! It is a very touching story, lots of prayers and positive vibes for a safe return.

chico2 January 29th, 2011 05:20 PM

What a beautiful girl,I sure hope she's found,the owner out of the country must be frantic,what a nightmare..
I am glad the media is involved,a large dog like a BMD,would not be hard to see.
:pray::fingerscr:goodvibes:she's not been hit by a car:pray:

happycats February 16th, 2011 09:28 PM

She's still missing!!
I see her in our paper in every addition, and can't help but think someone somewhere knows something!!

I hope Chelsea finds her way home soon :pray:

Chris21711 April 16th, 2011 06:16 PM

I've just read that Chelsea is being sighted....very thin and probably in need of medical assistance.

I'm not familiar with Whitby, but she is being sighted in a Ravine Area close to a busy road in Whitby.

shirley1011 April 16th, 2011 06:42 PM

Chris...that is real close to me...we are at the Whitby border...let me know if you have any more details as to the area....you know I will do whatever I can to help.

shirley1011 April 16th, 2011 06:46 PM

It's ok Chris I found the article...she is in the Pringle Creek/Manning area...which is just where I was about 10 minutes ago....we have friends there so I will make them aware too. They are looking for volunteers to manage traps...I wish I could help with that but with my mom I really commit to a structured time...but at least I can keep my eyes open when in that area.

Chris21711 April 16th, 2011 06:59 PM

I can't help out with manning traps either Shirley....I'll definately go down at some point...I'm just glad she is being sighted, it's been a while :(

rainbow April 16th, 2011 07:33 PM

Glad to hear that Chelsea has been sighted. :thumbs up

Fingers crossed for a happy ending. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

chico2 April 17th, 2011 07:42 AM

Wow,that's a long time,but I am glad she's been sighted....how on earth did she survive since January??
:pray::fingerscrthat she'll be caught and safe very soon:pray:

Jean Rigby April 22nd, 2011 09:27 PM

Bernese Mountain Dog Lost in Whitby

Hello folks. This is Jean from Team Chelsea. We are not in need of volunteers at the moment and respectfully request that everyone keep out of this creek area in order for our professionals to capture her, and for her NOT to be frightened away or into traffic. She's survived for 3 months by being extremely quick and is terrified by people and dogs. If she's spotted, please call 905 706-2635 or 905 666-4676.

I will NOT be monitoring this site to make updates or corrections, but there is a facebook page called Missing Bernese Mountain Dog Named Chelsea.

Thanks for caring!

Chris21711 April 26th, 2011 11:09 AM

Some news on Chelsea:

[url]http://www.newsdurhamregion.com/news/article/175994[/url]

chico2 April 26th, 2011 04:35 PM

I was afraid of bad news,but it seems she's still around the area,it's amazing she's even still alive.
I:pray:that someone,somehow will be able to catch her:fingerscr