Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   General Forum for cats and dogs (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Introducing Sophie (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=79947)

Winston January 14th, 2012 09:02 AM

Introducing Sophie

3 Attachment(s)
Sophie arrived at her forever home yesterday and we are absolutely thrilled. She is the teeniest puppy I have ever had. What a difference from Winston!

She is 26 pounds and a little sweetheart. She hasnt hit it off too well with Tabitha. When she came in the house she chased her down! :laughing: I shouldnt laugh I did feel bad for Tabitha.

She seems to have settled well. She slept from midnight till 6am and I woke her up to take her out. She didnt make a peep and she loves her crate!!!

Very very food motivated. She knows her sit really well. DH taught her last night "look at me!" OMG she is smart!

This morning she went to the side stairs and sat so I took her out and sure enough she went potty! She has the runs a bit today but I think thats because she went for a really long time yesterday without food and she was starving last night plus its all new!

Without further adeau here is Sophie!!!

Cindy

Winston January 14th, 2012 09:04 AM

2 Attachment(s)
She disapears on Winston's old/new bed! :laughing:

Longblades January 14th, 2012 09:13 AM

She looks happy and settled in already. What a pretty girl. And what a lovely, shiny coat. Shemust not have suffered any health setbacks if a gorgeous coat like that is any indication. :)

Loki Love January 14th, 2012 09:21 AM

She's really lovely - she's one lucky girl to have found a home with you :)

Winston January 14th, 2012 10:04 AM

Thank you Loki Love!

I was actually very lucky to have found her through Rosies Animal Adoptions in Montreal. What a fantastic organization.

Also without the vital support of Luckypenny and Frenchy it would not have been possible. :thumbs up

Sophie was an owner surrender. She was purchased (unfortunately) from a pet store. Her owner is in the Military and sadly was asked to return to Afganistan and he sadly had to give her up. I hope someday he knows how lucky of a girl she really is! :thumbs up

diandpat January 14th, 2012 10:16 AM

OH I am so happy she (and everyone else) traveled safe and sound and has arrived home! I so wish I could have met her and you but am SO HAPPY she is home with you now.

I still have Ginger and Hobo's old beds as well and find a sense of comfort watching Zoey and Raggzy (and the cats LOL) lying on them. I got a warm feeling seeing Sophie on Winston's old bed :cloud9:

As you know, with puppies daily pictures are mandatory for the first year!!!! :laughing:

So glad hubby is happy too...it is difficult when we are not at the same place when it is time to "love again". But with that cute face he would have to be made of stone :lovestruck:

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy. And yes, Rosie's is a fantastic organization!!!

Love4himies January 14th, 2012 10:36 AM

Awwww, what a sweetheart :cloud9::cloud9:. Looks like she has settled in quite nicely :thumbs up.

Guess I'm used to kitties, cause in my books "tiny" and "26 lbs" don't go together :laughing:.

serenamlambe January 14th, 2012 10:45 AM

What a doll! She is so cute & such a lucky girl!

I did have to laugh when you said she was your teeniest puppy at ONLY 26 pounds though! :laughing: Don't worry, she'll be bigger in no time! :D

Winston January 14th, 2012 10:48 AM

L4H I hear ya but Winston was HUGE! over 40lbs at least by her age!

So yes she seems small to us! :laughing:

Diandpat i wish we could have met too! next time!!

I am in puppy :cloud9:

BenMax January 14th, 2012 10:51 AM

CONGRATS Winston.
So happy for you!!!
She hit the jackpot full of love for sure.

Goldfields January 14th, 2012 10:52 AM

Sad that Sophie's previous owner had to surrender her but I hope she gave him much enjoyment before he went back to Afganistan. Hope he returns home safely later and can find another pup to love. In the meantime, wow, big excitement in your home Winston. :) Had to get her weight in perspective. Twice my heaviest sheltie's weight, not much for a Lab though. She's a doll, and sounds like she might fit in beautifully. So pleased for you both, and for your new baby.

chico2 January 14th, 2012 11:32 AM

Winston,I am so very happy for you and I am sure Winston at the Bridge is too,that a beautiful little girl gets to use his bed:grouphug:
Her coat is so very choclaty,just gorgeous...
I know I say this often,but it was fate that little Sophie found you and you her..:dog:

Winston January 14th, 2012 12:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I believe that too Chico!

Sophie's foster mom sent me this and it is so fitting I had to share.

Love4himies January 14th, 2012 01:40 PM

Awwww, Winston, that brought tear to my eyes :cry:. It is so true and I know that all pets would hope that their loving owners would open their homes and offer their love to another pet in need.

Winston January 14th, 2012 02:20 PM

I loved it L4H and I cried too! Its how I feel about loosing Winston and gaining Sophie.

Sylvie January 14th, 2012 03:18 PM

There's my little girl. I miss her already.

hazelrunpack January 14th, 2012 03:46 PM

I thought she looked very small in that pic in the other thread! She's soooooo cute, Winston!! :lovestruck: Is she being a good girl and leaving her stitches alone?

I hope she and Tabitha make their peace soon! :goodvibes: Sure would be sweet to see some pics of them sleeping on the same bed. :D

hazelrunpack January 14th, 2012 03:50 PM

Oh, and I love the name Sophie, Winston!!! It really seems to suit her!! :D

chico2 January 14th, 2012 05:08 PM

Winston,you got me tearyeyed too,that's so beautiful and for sure what Winston would want.
I am really,really happy for you and I know Sophie is a very lucky little dog,to get to live with you.

Goldfields January 14th, 2012 06:36 PM

Thank heaven my friend bought me that box of tissues for the office that I forgot last shopping day. :cry: If Sophie's foster mom doesn't mind I might save that, I do occassionally come accross someone who says, no, I'll never have another dog.

Is Sophie over the runs now, Winston? Pity you haven't any Protexin, it's a probiotic I give in times of stress - like Sophie shifting to a new home. Give her a big cuddle for me.

pbpatti January 14th, 2012 08:57 PM

awwwww winston has a new little girl..she is so sweet reminds me of Sasha when she was a wee puppy. I am so happy for you...:grouphug::cloud9: patti

dbg10 January 14th, 2012 09:26 PM

what an adorable little girl. I also love the last will and testament as well, what a fitting tribute to Winston. :thumbs up

mikischo January 15th, 2012 01:49 AM

Sophie is an adorable girl.:cloud9: and a lucky one to have found you.

Congratulations and I love that "Last Will and Testament" too. I'm sure Winston would approve.

growler~GateKeeper January 15th, 2012 04:49 AM

Sophie's adorable congrats to both of you :grouphug:

I don't suppose Rosie's has any contact info for you to send photo's/updates to her previous owner while he's serving overseas?

Melinda January 15th, 2012 07:26 AM

she is soooooo sweet looking, you just want to cuddle her up, congrats wiston and hubby. and congrats Sophie for getting such a loving home, you won the lottery girl and you don't even realize it.

marko January 15th, 2012 08:16 AM

Congrats Winston - she is such a beauty :goodvibes::goodvibes: :highfive:
That last will and testament in post 13 is very moving, thanks so much for sharing it.

Winston January 15th, 2012 09:00 AM

Marko I thought so too. It re confirmed to me that I had made the right decision to move forward no matter how much it hurts.

She really is a good girl. Just the puppy stuff I am not used to! :laughing:

The runs are gone as well...pretty sure it was just stress!

I forgot about the little razer teeth and the activity level.....but I am ready for it.

Thank you so much everyone for sharing Sophie's Journey with me. It means so much to have a wonderful group of friends to share it with!

On a funny note...I dropped her leash this am for just a second and DH was napping on the coach,,,she ran over and covered him with puppy slobbery kisses! he was a little surprised to say the least!! what a wake up call.. LMAO...

Winston January 15th, 2012 09:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
she loves her BIG bed! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack January 15th, 2012 10:16 AM

What a sweet pic, Winston! She's a little :angel: (heheh Remember that when she's chewing your slippers :p)

pbpatti January 15th, 2012 10:43 AM

Winston, I remember when Sasha was a puppy, she had so much energy that she was "bouncing" off the walls. I am not sure that I could handle that kind of energy today. Love the name Sophie too.

Yay for daddy kisses:cloud9::lovestruck: patti

TeriM January 15th, 2012 10:12 PM

Congrats Winston, she is adorable :cloud9:.

I have also seen a different version of the "last will and testament" and love it.

[B][I][COLOR="Purple"]One last request I earnestly make. I have heard my Mistress say, "When Blemie dies we must never have another dog. I love him so much I could never love another one." Now I would ask her, for love of me, to have another. It would be a poor tribute to my memory never to have a dog again. What I would like to feel is that, having once had me in the family, now she cannot live without a dog![/COLOR][/I][/B]

Melinda January 16th, 2012 07:49 AM

[QUOTE=pbpatti;1032740]Winston, I remember when Sasha was a puppy, she had so much energy that she was "bouncing" off the walls. I am not sure that I could handle that kind of energy today. Love the name Sophie too.

Yay for daddy kisses:cloud9::lovestruck: patti[/QUOTE]

*groan* Brina still has that energy.....

Dog Dancer January 16th, 2012 11:58 AM

Winston, it was nice talking to you on the weekend. So glad the transport worked out well, bless the vet tech for bringing her so far in such awful conditions! Sophie is gorgeous. She probably loves that the bed smells of Winston, it's probably comforting to her. Love love love the LW&T from the doggies. Perfect really. Hope your knee is healing up well. Hugs to you all on your new journey together. Does Sophie still have puppy breath?? Maybe just a bit...

Winston January 16th, 2012 01:07 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Yes DD she still has those razer sharp puppy teeth and breath! and a wonky smelling ear which we are treating her for! doesnt seem to bother her though!

OMG I am tired!! :laughing::laughing: she is FULL of energy!!!

Here are a couple of pics from today while she was enjoying her yard!

Dog Dancer January 16th, 2012 01:40 PM

She sure looks happy and beautiful! Hope the ear turns out to be nothing serious. I love your kennel out back there. I wish I had one. Who won the battle Sophie or the tree?? Does she have a "forever" home tag yet??

Winston January 16th, 2012 02:05 PM

She had the zoomies in that pic! she loves to chew......:D

I need a nap! :D

hazelrunpack January 16th, 2012 08:52 PM

If you try to take a nap, will she come and snuggle, or does she jump on you and want to play? :D

Melinda January 17th, 2012 07:03 AM

such a gorgeous coat!! she looks like she is enjoying herself.

Marty11 January 17th, 2012 08:39 AM

SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!! Happy puppyhood! :D

Goldfields January 17th, 2012 10:53 AM

Wish I could roll in that snow with her. :) 37C here today. That first photo is terrific, she sure is a gorgeous kid.