Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Newspaper Articles of Interest (animal/pet related) from Around the World (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Osama bin Laden dead (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=76758)

erykah1310 May 1st, 2011 10:39 PM

Osama bin Laden dead

[url]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/americas/reports-say-osama-bin-laden-dead/article2006299/[/url]

thoughts? concerns?

Shaykeija May 1st, 2011 10:43 PM

Yep I hope he burns in hell.....I remember watching 911 unfold and watching those people jump to their deaths. They should put his corpse in a place where it can be safely watched world wide, loaded with explosives and with the push of a thumb, help him on his merry way to the Gates of Hell....I am glad he is no longer of this earth.

rainbow May 1st, 2011 10:52 PM

Yep, been watching it on CNN. I'm glad he's gone as well but I imagine there are many others that will take his place.

Dee-O-Gee May 1st, 2011 10:56 PM

Just tuned into CNN and all I can say is WOW, it's about time! :clap:

Although, I wouldn't put it past him to set up some form of retaliation. Crazy bugger! :mad:

:evil: Bin Laden :evil:

luckypenny May 1st, 2011 10:59 PM

[QUOTE=rainbow;1007402]Yep, been watching it on CNN. I'm glad he's gone as well but I imagine there are many others that will take his place.[/QUOTE]

That was exactly my first thought. This phrase stood out most for me in the article, [I]“Clearly, the ideology will survive Osama bin Laden's death.”[/I] It sickens and terrifies me at the same time.

hazelrunpack May 1st, 2011 11:01 PM

They were talking about 'disposing' of the body so there would be no grave to make a shrine of. But they'll still have to deal with the consequences of making him a martyr. :shrug: No easy solutions...

Luvmypitgirls May 1st, 2011 11:37 PM

Osama Bin Laden..Dead

Wow...incredible....absolutely amazing.

Goldfields May 1st, 2011 11:42 PM

Pity he didn't suffer the agony and terror of all those innocents that died on 911. His death was a kind one in comparison.

joeysmama May 1st, 2011 11:49 PM

Certainly he wasn't running everything and there's someone waiting in the wings to be the next figurehead of that despicable movement, but where I live (close to NYC) everyone knows someone who suffered a personal loss on that day so the prevailing attitude is that justice has been served.

I saw pictures on the news of young people cheering outside the White House. Patriotism is lovely and the party atmosphere befits their age but please don't anyone think that's typical. It's bittersweet for most of us. Brings back memories so more tears than cheers I think.

For the second time tonight I'm using this smiley. :usa: :usa:

Goldfields May 2nd, 2011 03:17 AM

I think it probably brings back tears for a lot of people, I mean it's impossible to get some images out of your head. :( Those poor people. :(

chico2 May 2nd, 2011 07:30 AM

I had mixed emotions about his death,happy he's gone,but worried that now all hell will break loose and many more innocents will die:shrug:
These people more than likely will seek revenge,especially since they cannot follow their tradition and have him buried their way.

doggy lover May 2nd, 2011 01:57 PM

In some ways I wish he could have stood trial for all he did and then been executed, I don't think the families of the people from 9-11 will find a whole lot of closure from this, it will never bring their loved ones back.:cry:

dmc123 May 2nd, 2011 07:09 PM

This is a quote from my nephew on facebook, and I agree with it - I was trying to find these words, this sentiment:

There's a difference in rejoicing over your enemy's death and knowing that it was just.It's a delicate balance but the Bible leaves room for perspectives. I have settled on the understanding that I can't celebrate the death of Bin Laden but I can find releif in it.

Diane