Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Dog food forum (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   dog food (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=81965)

minmin12 August 21st, 2012 07:45 AM

dog food

[FONT="Arial Black"][B][/B][/FONT]
Please help, my dog Harley has to eat this brand of food Medi Cal Gastro Intestinal Fibre response, with plain yougurt too. I found that I have been increasing bone dust to his diet and adding more plain yogurt and his stools have remained solid. My question is this food is extremely expensive and I would do anything for my dogs have two. The issue is why this brand could I not just slowly introduce him to another and just keep on giving him the yogurt my poor boy is always so hungry because he is only allowed 1 cup per day so when he eats ( he has always chowed down his food) but being mommy I only want what is best for him any suggestions would greatly be appreciated thank you very much

Choochi August 21st, 2012 09:45 PM

I personally think Medical is a horrible food, it is full of corn and byproducts. There are many much much better foods out there at similar price.
Is there a Global Pet Foods store near where you live?

Barkingdog August 22nd, 2012 10:37 AM

[QUOTE=minmin12;1044763][FONT="Arial Black"][B][/B][/FONT]
Please help, my dog Harley has to eat this brand of food Medi Cal Gastro Intestinal Fibre response, with plain yougurt too. I found that I have been increasing bone dust to his diet and adding more plain yogurt and his stools have remained solid. My question is this food is extremely expensive and I would do anything for my dogs have two. The issue is why this brand could I not just slowly introduce him to another and just keep on giving him the yogurt my poor boy is always so hungry because he is only allowed 1 cup per day so when he eats ( he has always chowed down his food) but being mommy I only want what is best for him any suggestions would greatly be appreciated thank you very much[/QUOTE]

How much does your dog weight, is he a small dog? Can he have a treat in the middle of the day , I give my small dog a cookie as he only get one cup of food a day too.

minmin12 August 23rd, 2012 07:16 AM

[B][/B]Choochi I live in winnipeg at this is what was given for him I would prefer to return him to his original dog food but vet warned me that he would have diarrea again. I have noticed others complaining about this food so should I just wean him off and return to normal food thank you.

minmin12 August 23rd, 2012 07:19 AM

barking dog he is a medium large dog

Marty11 August 23rd, 2012 07:21 AM

One of my dogs did not do well on grain free so I went to a lower protein "Acana" and now my other dog is on Addiciton. An inactive dog I think does better on lower protein, saying that I still add some of my own cooked meats anyway. Global foods are very education in the dog food business. Vets sell what they stock to make money on it. Just beware the ingredients!

minmin12 March 4th, 2013 06:22 AM

Sorry

[B][/B] I have been busy with other puppy I tried to wean my dog off and diarrea returned. I found out that I could give him acidiphollus capsules 10 billion and slowly wean him off and in reply no I do not have a Global market here:sorry:

minmin12 March 7th, 2013 08:53 AM

[QUOTE=Choochi;1044824]I personally think Medical is a horrible food, it is full of corn and byproducts. There are many much much better foods out there at similar price.
Is there a Global Pet Foods store near where you live?[/QUOTE]
[COLOR="Cyan"][/COLOR] I have no Global food here and aside from that sorry took so long as I reposted it. I want to wean him off so I figured he still has 2 large bags of this food which I have to give him yogurt too. I thought once weaning and diarrea returned, now I have jameson acidopollus 1 billion figuring I could wean him off when he is into his second bag.

OlegZ March 7th, 2013 12:42 PM

Just try any super premium product and add it gradually to existing food (extend replacing for 7-10 days). You always have an option to come back to your medical diet

Barkingdog March 7th, 2013 12:46 PM

[QUOTE=minmin12;1054786][COLOR="Cyan"][/COLOR] I have no Global food here and aside from that sorry took so long as I reposted it. I want to wean him off so I figured he still has 2 large bags of this food which I have to give him yogurt too. I thought once weaning and diarrea returned, now I have jameson acidopollus 1 billion figuring I could wean him off when he is into his second bag.[/QUOTE]

Have you tried looking on line , you can order pet food and have it shipped to your home. I know this could cost more with shipping and handling fee but I guess it work out as the cost of gas for your car.