Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pets that have passed away - Rainbow bridge (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   RIP Amira & Tessie (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=77479)

kathryn June 18th, 2011 02:54 AM

RIP Amira & Tessie

I can barely even write this... but I thought you all should know that Tessie (FIV+) was euthanized yesterday after she became very ill and wasn't really eating or anything. So I made the appointment earlier in the week and brought her to the shelter and had her put down.

Sadly, right after we got home from having her put down, Amira suddenly because ill. My mom rushed her over to my vets and she seemed stable and they did an x-ray which was clear and put her on Clavamox because it seemed like she was having a really bad stomach bug.

After returning home she took a turn for the worse around midnight and we rushed her to the emergency vet. She had major seizures and went into a coma and was on life support. She flatlined and they were able to bring her back but the damage was done, so I told them to not resuscitate her if she did it again because it was obvious she was not doing well at that point. She was euthanized about an hour ago after being non-responsive.

RIP TESSIE & AMIRA

Melinda June 18th, 2011 04:58 AM

R.I.P pretty babies, run pain free to the bridge, I'm so sorry Kathryn *hugs*

Love4himies June 18th, 2011 06:11 AM

I am so sorry, Kathryn :cry::grouphug:

:rip:Amira & Tessie :candle:

mikischo June 18th, 2011 06:43 AM

Kathryn, I'm so sorry for your loss.:grouphug:

:candle: Run free, sweet :angel2: Tessie :cat: :candle:

:candle: Run free, sweet :angel2: Amira :cat: :candle:

marko June 18th, 2011 07:08 AM

OMG, I'm SO sorry Kathryn and can feel your sadness :sorry:

There's nothing great to write except that we understand how devastated you are...so feel free to let loose with the words if you feel the need. It does help. :grouphug:

RIP sweet Tessie and Amira :candle: :candle:

Sincerest condolences,

Marko

kathryn June 18th, 2011 07:26 AM

Thanks so much... I'm going back up to the emergency vet later to pay the balance on the bill (the total for her yesterday between both vets was over $1,100)... I am hysterical beyond belief and am just trying to distract myself in any way that I can before I go out of my mind. I just can't believe this happened.

14+kitties June 18th, 2011 07:51 AM

Kathryn - I am so sorry. :grouphug: I share in your pain.
:candle::rip: Amira :candle:
:candle::rip: Tessie :candle:

sugarcatmom June 18th, 2011 09:40 AM

Oh wow Kathryn, such a tragic double loss :candle::candle:. My heart goes out to you, girl! :grouphug:

Dee-O-Gee June 18th, 2011 10:07 AM

Kathryn, I'm truly sorry to hear of your losses. They were both beautiful :angel2: :angel2:

Stay strong and know that Tessie and Amira are running free of pain.

:grouphug:

:rip: sweet Amira and Tessie :candle:

hazelrunpack June 18th, 2011 10:23 AM

:candle: Amira
:candle: Tessie

:grouphug:

pbpatti June 18th, 2011 10:33 AM

I am so, so sorry to hear of this Kathryn. Remember to breathe, deep healing breaths. patti

:angel2: Amira
:angel2: Tessie

Magicwildwolf69 June 18th, 2011 12:20 PM

so so sorry for you lose kathryn :( many hugs to you. :grouphug:

:candle: Amira and Tessie :candle::angel2:

chico2 June 18th, 2011 04:16 PM

Awww Kathryn,I am so sorry,it was sad to hear about Tessie:(but Amira too,that is just too much:(
:rip:beautiful little girls,Amira and Tessie.

kathryn June 18th, 2011 05:38 PM

We got the bill settled for now at the emergency vet... we have private cremations for both of them set up.

They made a clay impression of Amira's feet at the vet which was really nice.. you bake it & paint it

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/264275_117976348289777_100002322374062_167401_6118727_n.jpg[/IMG]

Still can't believe this happened.

Claudia36oh June 18th, 2011 08:26 PM

RIP sweet Tessie and Amira, so sorry for your loss :grouphug:

growler~GateKeeper June 18th, 2011 11:26 PM

:rip: sweet :angel2: Tessie :candle: & sweet :angel2: Amira :candle: They are playing at the [URL="http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html"]Rainbow Bridge[/URL] with those who've gone before :candle: :candle: :grouphug:

krdahmer June 19th, 2011 10:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am so sorry Kathryn :grouphug:

:rip: little ones :candle: :pray:

aws1 June 19th, 2011 03:27 PM

So sorry for your loss of your two angels. :grouphug:

kathryn June 19th, 2011 05:54 PM

Not that it makes things any better, but I emailed both TICA and CFA with the information on Amira's original breeder that abandoned her and asked them to contact me back to see if I can make a formal complaint and hopefully have her kicked out of the cat shows. I told them I was more than happy to supply my vet records and the over $1,000 in bills.

Edited out by admin - again my condolences

Winston June 19th, 2011 06:39 PM

Kathryn I am so sorry for your loss. I know you must be hurting. We are here for you ...

Run free to the bridge sweet ones! :candle:

CsqU4r3d June 19th, 2011 06:52 PM

I am so sorry Kathryn...my heart breaks for you ....Chum and I send hugs... they have both left their paw prints on your heart:grouphug::rip::cat::cat::pawprint::pawprint:

mastifflover June 20th, 2011 08:25 AM

RIP sweet kitties. Kathryn I am so sorry I can only imagine how bad you must feel. My thoughts are with you

Dog Dancer June 20th, 2011 11:51 PM

kathryn, I'm sorry I'm so late posting here, but I am brokenhearted for you. How terribly sad to lose them both. Bless you for all the love you gave them, they know how lucky they were. RIP sweet kitties, play together until you're all united again.

Tundra_Queen June 21st, 2011 01:57 AM

Kathryn, I am so very sorry for the loss of sweet Amira and Tessie. That is heart breaking. :(:grouphug: