Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca

Pet forum for dogs cats and humans - Pets.ca (http://www.pets.ca/forum/index.php)
-   Pet free photography (http://www.pets.ca/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   Florida (http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=75524)

hedgiemama February 27th, 2011 06:22 PM

Florida

3 Attachment(s)
a few pictures of Florida, maybe it will warm you up :D

btw, i took them with my phone so some may not be the greatest quality

the alligator on my bed at the W hotel, i wish i could have brought him home, he was cute :)
[ATTACH]72413[/ATTACH]

the view from the W hotel
[ATTACH]72414[/ATTACH]

I should have brought Enzo, they were ready for him !
[ATTACH]72415[/ATTACH]

hedgiemama February 27th, 2011 06:25 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I went to this store called Pet Supermarket, there was soooo much stuff there, I got Enzo his wobbler and giant tennis ball there and some Nutro for Nero
[ATTACH]72416[/ATTACH]

And again
[ATTACH]72417[/ATTACH]

They had an orange bird, sort of looked like a canary to me, but im not great with birds.
[ATTACH]72418[/ATTACH]

hedgiemama February 27th, 2011 06:28 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Some more pretty birds there. What i really liked about the store is they had adult cats up for adoption ( and to promote that they gave you a free bag of Nutro if you adopted one )
[ATTACH]72419[/ATTACH]
Another shot from the deck at the W hotel
[ATTACH]72420[/ATTACH]

The view from the Diplomat hotel,
[ATTACH]72421[/ATTACH]

hedgiemama February 27th, 2011 06:32 PM

3 Attachment(s)
the view from the hotel club lounge, in the water below it there are manatees, i didnt see any though.
[ATTACH]72422[/ATTACH]

A manatee warning sign, telling people in boats to slow down and be careful, and they really slowed down and paid attention to the sign which was good to see:thumbs up
[ATTACH]72423[/ATTACH]

Sunrise at the lounge, it was pretty to watch and see the birds dropping in to the water to get fish.
[ATTACH]72424[/ATTACH]

hedgiemama February 27th, 2011 06:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sunrise again
[ATTACH]72425[/ATTACH]

When we went down to the beach in the morning the shorelines were littered with Man o' War jellyfish, they are quite weird looking. I will have some pictures of them when my dad sends me the ones from the camera

Love4himies February 28th, 2011 08:03 AM

OMG, so see people outside in their bathing suites :yell:, I am dreaming of summer :p.

Did you find your trip down to Florida gave you a "pick me up"? I have never been down to the tropics and have always been curious if the warmth and sunshine give you a boost to come back and endure the rest of our winters.

hedgiemama February 28th, 2011 08:11 AM

[QUOTE=Love4himies;989023]

Did you find your trip down to Florida gave you a "pick me up"? I have never been down to the tropics and have always been curious if the warmth and sunshine give you a boost to come back and endure the rest of our winters.[/QUOTE]

I do liketaking the trips down south, it helps to break up the winter and shorten it up a bit, even if t is only for a few days. It does suck having to come back to the reality of the cold winter though.

hazelrunpack February 28th, 2011 04:08 PM

Too bad you couldn't bring the gator home. He was a cutie! :D

Also too bad you didn't manage to spot any manatees! I've always wanted to see them.

Looks like you had a good vacation! :thumbs up

hedgiemama February 28th, 2011 09:21 PM

ah i wanted to bring the gator home, but not for $45 lol.

I was really hoping to see some manatees, that would have been cool !

krdahmer March 1st, 2011 07:33 AM

haha! that brings bacck memories! especially the jellyfish! Man did my dad regret explaining to me why I couldn't step on them....he had to carry me all the way back to the hotel! (I was 4 at the time):laughing: