- Dog Breed Group
- Working Dogs
- Origin of Breed
- Brazil, guard dog.
- Life Expectancy
- 10 -12 years
- Brindles and all solid colors, except white or mouse gray.
- Short, smooth
- Known for his outstanding courage and bravery, he is obedience to his owner but is an unsurpassed guardian of his property. The
- Good with Children
- Extremely tolerant with children
- Grooming Needs
- Groom with a hound glove.
- Average Size - Male (in)
- 24 -29.5
- Average Size - Female (in)
- 24 -29.5
- Average Weight - Male (lbs)
- Average Weight - Female (lbs)
- Health Issues
- Hip Dysplasia, Bloat-Canine Gastric Dilation-Volvulusv
A massive breed, one of the powerful Molossers, the Fila Brasileiro is also known as the Brazilian Mastiff or Cao de Fila. He is also used to hunt big game and herd cattle. Before considering a Fila, understand the needs of this breed as he is a large responsibility. A native breed of Brazil, he was developed from the Spanish and Portuguese Mastiff and Bloodhounds. Used to guard flocks and property he is best known as a fierce guard dog.
The Fila Brasileiro is confident and very self-assured.
The Fila Brasileiro loves the company of children and appreciates their games.
The Fila was used to track and capture runaway slaves, andexcels at hunting Jaguar.
Disclaimer: Pets.ca cannot be responsible for the accuracy of the above presented information. Please double check all information prior to making any decisions about purchasing this or any breed. If you think we have made an error with some of the information presented here, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.