- Dog Breed Group
- Toy Dogs
- Origin of Breed
- France as a companion
- Life Expectancy
- 13 to 20
- Only solid colors are allowed -- black, white, gray, blue, silver, cream, red, apricot, chocolate, and cafe-au-lait (pale brown)
- Curly coat that needs frequent shaping. Tail is docked; ears hang down.
- Exercise Needs
- Exercise indoors or a fenced yard, but he will also enjoy a walk on a leash.
- Depends on size. Fun loving and highly intelligent, quick to learn, does exceptionally well in obedience work. Good-natured, sen
- Good with Children
- Good with other pets and children, but is very fragile
- Grooming Needs
- Minimal Shedder. Daily brushing and professional clipping every 6 to 8 weeks to prevent matting.
- Average Size - Male (in)
- Maximum 10
- Average Size - Female (in)
- Maximum 10
- Average Weight - Male (lbs)
- 7 plus
- Average Weight - Female (lbs)
- 7 plus
- Health Issues
- Avoid the "teacup" variation of the Toy Poodle, which is often lacking in personality and good health. Also, there are many diffv
- Living Conditions
- Does well in any living situation. Apartment living is adequate if enough exercise is given.
Identical to the Standard and Miniature Poodle except in height, he is a decedent of the Miniature Poodle. The Toy Poodle is a dainty, sensitive little dog who is a perfect pet for a less active person who has time to pamper this natural little clown and be amused by his quaint antics. He a bright, perky little dog who is easy to train and eager to please. The Toy Poodle is the smallest version of the Poodle. Originally used in Germany and France as a retriever of waterfowl, he was later favored by circus performers for his comic appearance and the ease to train him. The word Poodle is derived from the German word puddle. He is still one of the most popular breeds today.
There are 3 types of poodle; the Standard Poodle, Miniature Poodle, and Toy Poodle that differ mainly by size.
Disclaimer: Pets.ca cannot be responsible for the accuracy of the above presented information. Please double check all information prior to making any decisions about purchasing this or any breed. If you think we have made an error with some of the information presented here, please e-mail us at email@example.com.