- Dog Breed Group
- Non Sporting Dogs
- Origin of Breed
- Life Expectancy
- 12-14 years
- All colours
- Wavy, but not curly. No undercoat.
- Exercise Needs
- Enjoys ample exercise such as a short walk or a active game of play.
- Alert, intelligent, and affectionate with the overall qualities of a loving companion dog. It has a lively, outgoing, and inquis
- Good with Children
- Gentle with well trained children, friendly to other animals.
- Grooming Needs
- Grooming should consist of combing or brushing his coat ever other day. Professional clipping every other month should be done t
- Average Size - Male (in)
- Average Size - Female (in)
A massive breed, one of the powerful Molossers, the Fila Brasileiro is also known as the Brazilian Mastiff or Cao de Fila. He is also used to hunt big game and herd cattle. Before considering a Fila, understand the needs of this breed as he is a large responsibility. A native breed of Brazil, he was developed from the Spanish and Portuguese Mastiff and Bloodhounds. Used to guard flocks and property he is best known as a fierce guard dog.
The Fila Brasileiro is confident and very self-assured.
The Fila Brasileiro loves the company of children and appreciates their games.
The Fila was used to track and capture runaway slaves, andexcels at hunting Jaguar.
Disclaimer: Pets.ca cannot be responsible for the accuracy of the above presented information. Please double check all information prior to making any decisions about purchasing this or any breed. If you think we have made an error with some of the information presented here, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.