- Dog Breed Group
- Herding Dogs
- Origin of Breed
- Switzerland; originates from Entlebuch, a valley in the district of the Cantons Lucerne and Berne
- Tri-colored black, white and rust with symmetricalmarkings on the toes, chest and blaze; the rust always lies between theblack a
- Short,thick, hard, glossy coat.
- Lively, high spirited, self-assured and fearless. Good tempered and devoted towards people familiar to him. Slightly suspicious
- Good with Children
- excellent around children
- Grooming Needs
- Weekly brushings are needed.
- Average Size - Male (in)
- Average Size - Female (in)
- Average Weight - Male (lbs)
- Average Weight - Female (lbs)
The Entlebucher was originally used as a watchdog after being introduced to the Roman nobility by Alexander the Great. They were eventually brought into Switzerland andused primarily by Alpine herdsman to drive cattle. Friendly, with pleasant personalities, Entlebuchersenjoy being around people, and other dogs. Easygoing and loyal, Entlebucher are known to become very attached to theirowners. They are exceptionally clean and require little grooming. Overall, these rare, beautifuldogs are wonderful pets.
The Entlebucher Mountain Dog is also known as the Entlebucher Sennenhund and the Entlebuch Cattle Dog.
Disclaimer: Pets.ca cannot be responsible for the accuracy of the above presented information. Please double check all information prior to making any decisions about purchasing this or any breed. If you think we have made an error with some of the information presented here, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.